Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

What did you use on the fuel rail? The same as the engine? Is that the early Ford blue?

It is the early Ford Blue and is the Duplicolor ceramic engine paint. I would love to have powder coated everything, but that wasn't in the budget. The paint lays down really well, but is definitely not as tough as it should be for the application. We'll see how it holds up over time. I'm hoping it cures a bit better after going through a heat cycle or two once I get it started up, but we'll see. I am trying to be extra careful as I put stuff together.

Thank you all for the kind words. I had gone back and forth on the rail, but couldn't leave it bare with everything else being painted and I have a hard time keeping it simple and spraying everything one color. I am starting to find some hardware that has gone missing....:nabble_anim_confused: so that is slowing things a bit here and there, but not too bad. Hopefully start getting the harness laid back over the motor this weekend, replacing wire loom, and start getting the exhaust hung.

I thought that was the early Ford blue. I used the darker blue, but have done the lighter one as well.

I debated what to do on the fuel rails for Big Blue, and wound up powder coating them 'cause they were starting to rust and new ones were expensive. But even powder can fail on engines, so we'll see how they hold up. Both of us will have to be careful. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that was the early Ford blue. I used the darker blue, but have done the lighter one as well.

I debated what to do on the fuel rails for Big Blue, and wound up powder coating them 'cause they were starting to rust and new ones were expensive. But even powder can fail on engines, so we'll see how they hold up. Both of us will have to be careful. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I like both blues, but the older, lighter version, is definitely my favorite.

I like both blues, but the older, lighter version, is definitely my favorite.
Folks - If you are into a long-term project and don't have a to-do list wherein you are tracking your progress then I think you are missing a very helpful step.

I say that because Big Blue's transformation is quite involved and I've been getting a feeling of late that I'll never get it finished. But last night I worked on the to-do list and was very pleasantly surprised at what I've already gotten done. Man, there's been a ton of work done, and while there's a ton more, I now feel like I can do it.

Some of you know that I document my progress in a Word document that I have embedded in the first post on the Big Blue's Transformation thread. That's obviously not required, but it gives me an easy place to go look at what I've done and to detail out what I think needs to be done. Obviously it isn't necessary to have it on line, but I think it is helpful. And in case you want to know what it looks like, here 'tis:

Folks - If you are into a long-term project and don't have a to-do list wherein you are tracking your progress then I think you are missing a very helpful step.

I say that because Big Blue's transformation is quite involved and I've been getting a feeling of late that I'll never get it finished. But last night I worked on the to-do list and was very pleasantly surprised at what I've already gotten done. Man, there's been a ton of work done, and while there's a ton more, I now feel like I can do it.

Some of you know that I document my progress in a Word document that I have embedded in the first post on the Big Blue's Transformation thread. That's obviously not required, but it gives me an easy place to go look at what I've done and to detail out what I think needs to be done. Obviously it isn't necessary to have it on line, but I think it is helpful. And in case you want to know what it looks like, here 'tis:

Not so much an onion as a leek...A VERY big leek! :nabble_smiley_scared:Congratulations Gary!Lotta checks there. :nabble_smiley_good:

Not so much an onion as a leek...

A VERY big leek! :nabble_smiley_scared:

Congratulations Gary!

Lotta checks there. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks, Jim. That’s what I realized last night. Made me feel better.

And there should be several more soon as I’m to pick up the D60, again, today and the front driveline can then go together. I have all the parts, so it should go together quickly. 😉

Thanks, Jim. That’s what I realized last night. Made me feel better.

And there should be several more soon as I’m to pick up the D60, again, today and the front driveline can then go together. I have all the parts, so it should go together quickly. 😉

Well, thanks to Mark (Dyn Blin) I think I have ALL the parts for my front end too!

But it's 17* American units this morning as I left for work, and I don't have a floor jack -let alone- a lift and a powder coating oven to keep me warm.

Well, thanks to Mark (Dyn Blin) I think I have ALL the parts for my front end too!

But it's 17* American units this morning as I left for work, and I don't have a floor jack -let alone- a lift and a powder coating oven to keep me warm.

My pleasure. My wife tells me I have a Ford parts warehouse in the garage. She then tells me it's not meant as a compliment when I smile.

We have a good team going here. And thanks to Mark I have a unicorn - a ‘96 wiring harness from an EEC-V 7.5L with SEFI and MAF. 👍

Oh, and I have a D60 in the back of Blue. ðŸĪŠ

We have a good team going here. And thanks to Mark I have a unicorn - a ‘96 wiring harness from an EEC-V 7.5L with SEFI and MAF. 👍

Oh, and I have a D60 in the back of Blue. ðŸĪŠ

After all the fun I had this past weekend replacing my well tank, I decided to replace my clutch pivot bushings. I was running out of daylight so I only got to replace the one closest to the transmission, which was the one that was worn out anyways. Now I need to readjust my clutch but for some reason the release rod seems to be seized making adjustment impossible, so I ordered a new one from LMC. At least I got to it before the pivot got damaged. My clutch is working very well now but my pedal free play would have to be measured with a feeler gauge right now, but not after my new release rod gets here.

1981_F150_clutch_pivot_bushing_002.jpg.622a94b4226db082a9b00cf33eef18f5.jpg

Didn't work on the truck.... But bought it a timepiece.

Screenshot_20200109-182213.thumb.png.76809cf6d003413c78236d2be79bb67f.png