Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your automagic camera is the issue. It adjusts every scene to the same overall lighting. So the only way to make it work is to take the first pic, note the aperture and shutter speed used for it, and then set the camera to manual and dial in those settings. That takes the light sensor out of the equation and you get a good comparison.

But, I believe you that there is a huge difference.

I finally got the radiator switched out in the Bronco!

I bought it in October 2018! This must be a New Years miracle!:nabble_anim_jump:

Yippee! Was the old one leaking, or just not cooling well?

The petcock valve was really loose and has cone out a few times. The threads were shot... i had been riding this out a lot longer than i should. It is a huge relief to have it taken care of!

The petcock valve was really loose and has cone out a few times. The threads were shot... i had been riding this out a lot longer than i should. It is a huge relief to have it taken care of!

Got to spend a little more time on the truck today. Got the engine and trans all bolted down, rebuilt driveshaft installed, new clutch slave and master cylinders installed, waiting on the hydraulic hose, also got the valve covers, fuel injectors and fuel rails installed along with reconnecting the fuel lines.

IMG_20200105_164556.thumb.jpg.19ba536b3adac06401deab6f6e1d6c33.jpg

IMG_20200105_164635.jpg.a9eb0fbd9fc7cd5af05d0bb7be047cad.jpg

Got to spend a little more time on the truck today. Got the engine and trans all bolted down, rebuilt driveshaft installed, new clutch slave and master cylinders installed, waiting on the hydraulic hose, also got the valve covers, fuel injectors and fuel rails installed along with reconnecting the fuel lines.

Looks great!

Is it just me, perhaps I'm not used to seeing the fuel rail and regulator in accent color.

Progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Wow! That really DOES look GOOD! :nabble_anim_claps:

What did you use on the fuel rail? The same as the engine? Is that the early Ford blue?

Your stuffer in the dizzy's hole is the same color as mine. :nabble_smiley_wink:

What did you use on the fuel rail? The same as the engine? Is that the early Ford blue?

It is the early Ford Blue and is the Duplicolor ceramic engine paint. I would love to have powder coated everything, but that wasn't in the budget. The paint lays down really well, but is definitely not as tough as it should be for the application. We'll see how it holds up over time. I'm hoping it cures a bit better after going through a heat cycle or two once I get it started up, but we'll see. I am trying to be extra careful as I put stuff together.

Thank you all for the kind words. I had gone back and forth on the rail, but couldn't leave it bare with everything else being painted and I have a hard time keeping it simple and spraying everything one color. I am starting to find some hardware that has gone missing....:nabble_anim_confused: so that is slowing things a bit here and there, but not too bad. Hopefully start getting the harness laid back over the motor this weekend, replacing wire loom, and start getting the exhaust hung.