Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Maybe the pics don't do it justice. 🤔

There's a huge difference in close, and to both shoulders.

Your automagic camera is the issue. It adjusts every scene to the same overall lighting. So the only way to make it work is to take the first pic, note the aperture and shutter speed used for it, and then set the camera to manual and dial in those settings. That takes the light sensor out of the equation and you get a good comparison.

But, I believe you that there is a huge difference.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shaun, you got a treat there....

So, what do you think?

Cracked pressure plate?

Friction coming loose?

I'd change the release bearing as a matter of course if I was in that deep.

It was the release bearing. When I grab it with my hand and shake it, it moves all over the place. No doubt that's where my rattle came from. It stopped when the clutch was engaged since that put pressure on the bearing. It sucks because my clutch disc still had plenty of life left in it. But I installed Luk everything including the slave cylinder (I always replace internal slave cylinders no matter what) so hopefully I'll be trouble free for awhile. All I have left to do is bench bleed the master (mandatory on Rangers) and then gravity bleed the slave and all should be good.

Shaun,

So that is the M5OD-R1, right? It looks almost the same as the M5OD-R2. I see you have a short shifter on there like a Hurst or Cores? How do you like it?

Can't help with your current issue, but curious what fluid you're running in that trans?

Wondering if there was a better fluid that would make the thing behave a little better.

Yep, M5OD-R1. The shifter is a Hurst. I love the feel of it, and I love the adaptability of shift levers. What I don't love, is that they either leak, or cause pressure build up inside the transmission. There's no in between. It's also very noisy without rubber spacers between the lever and the stub, but all the ones I've tried disintegrate on me so I just run it metal to metal.

I've heard nothing but good regarding Core, but can't speak for whether they have the same issues as the Hurst.

I just run Mercon V, but have thought about running an alternative fluid at some point.

So, what do you think?

Cracked pressure plate?

Friction coming loose?

It was the release bearing. When I grab it with my hand and shake it, it moves all over the place. No doubt that's where my rattle came from. It stopped when the clutch was engaged since that put pressure on the bearing. It sucks because my clutch disc still had plenty of life left in it. But I installed Luk everything including the slave cylinder (I always replace internal slave cylinders no matter what) so hopefully I'll be trouble free for awhile. All I have left to do is bench bleed the master (mandatory on Rangers) and then gravity bleed the slave and all should be good.

Shaun,

So that is the M5OD-R1, right? It looks almost the same as the M5OD-R2. I see you have a short shifter on there like a Hurst or Cores? How do you like it?

Can't help with your current issue, but curious what fluid you're running in that trans?

Wondering if there was a better fluid that would make the thing behave a little better.

Yep, M5OD-R1. The shifter is a Hurst. I love the feel of it, and I love the adaptability of shift levers. What I don't love, is that they either leak, or cause pressure build up inside the transmission. There's no in between. It's also very noisy without rubber spacers between the lever and the stub, but all the ones I've tried disintegrate on me so I just run it metal to metal.

I've heard nothing but good regarding Core, but can't speak for whether they have the same issues as the Hurst.

I just run Mercon V, but have thought about running an alternative fluid at some point.

Glad you found it. :nabble_anim_claps:

So, what do you think?

Cracked pressure plate?

Friction coming loose?

Shaun,

I went to see a friend of mine today that has a whole bunch of Ford trucks for parts, including about a dozen or so Bullnoses. Anyway...one of the Non-Bullnose parts trucks he has there is a '97 single wheel F350 4x4 with a 5.8 in it. First time I've ever seen a 3FT VIN...I didn't know they were building these things in Mexico. Interesting stuff. The very last of the old style trucks I guess.

I would love to have that 351w though...that would have been a roller block. If I could do mine all over again, I'd drop a 351 roller in there for sure...

Me too.

Truck moves, but I'm not happy with the pedal. Gonna try another slave cylinder bleed and hopefully that takes care of that. If there's one thing I hate about vehicles, it's soft pedals.

Shaun,

I don't know about Rangers but every Ford I've done a clutch in needed to be driven for the pedal to come back.

No matter HOW much bleeding I did.

(Sometimes quarts!!!)

Shaun,

I don't know about Rangers but every Ford I've done a clutch in needed to be driven for the pedal to come back.

No matter HOW much bleeding I did.

(Sometimes quarts!!!)

I bled the slave like a brake caliper and that took care of it. Clutch feels great now and I'm a happy man. :nabble_smiley_good: