Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Towed some over weight load, 3 50gal barrels full of sand, little hard to tow but like F100 did it okay.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n45516/IMG_20191208_131345.jpg

Need to start stacking some parts for the 5spd swap but that will be in the summer currently in winter mode

Hey ETM, no snow in Ontario now?

It's been up and down in the Maritimes. Warm and rain...then cold and snow, then warm and rain, repeat!

5spd swap eh?

You have a 3 on the tree if I am remembering correctly?

I did the 5spd swap from a 3 on the tree and I love it. My truck was already a hydraulic clutch though, so that made it even easier.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Towed some over weight load, 3 50gal barrels full of sand, little hard to tow but like F100 did it okay.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n45516/IMG_20191208_131345.jpg

Need to start stacking some parts for the 5spd swap but that will be in the summer currently in winter mode

It's been up and down in the Maritimes. Warm and rain...then cold and snow, then warm and rain, repeat!

5spd swap eh?

I did the 5spd swap from a 3 on the tree and I love it. My truck was already a hydraulic clutch though, so that made it even easier.

It certainly looks like they're getting ready for it!

Sand and a stove???

I think what it's like in Buffalo, international Falls, or Medicine Lake, and then I think that there's a whole Nation farther north!

Sand and a stove???

I think what it's like in Buffalo, international Falls, or Medicine Lake, and then I think that there's a whole Nation farther north!

And a big nation too, although sparsely populated when compared to the US.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Over on the east coast though...the weather has been trash for the past couple weeks! Wet, slop, sleet, snow, then warm and rain, snow, rain...ugh. I like it when it's cold and crisp, but DRY...lol.

Sand and a stove???

And a big nation too, although sparsely populated when compared to the US.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Over on the east coast though...the weather has been trash for the past couple weeks! Wet, slop, sleet, snow, then warm and rain, snow, rain...ugh. I like it when it's cold and crisp, but DRY...lol.

I'm right there with you Cory!

Which is a big reason I didn't go to work yesterday, and the reason I didn't work under my truck either.

But I did get the fog light brackets welded and primed, and I did get the fuse holder mounted on my power distribution center. (With genuine Ford 175A Mega Fuse)

IMG_20191212_051125.jpg.8681f4d4aded4e82bd75a0b4c22b8a8d.jpg

I also welded up another stock gate and put a new wheel on the corral gate.

So I guess I'm getting ready for winter too.

Sand and a stove???

Sand is for my Mothers Garden, and the stove is an base for an Delta Jointer I got from the OG owner of my truck, done some work for him and it was just setting in his shed. Not sure what I'm going to do with it as it is like 6 feet long but will use it one day lol :nabble_anim_jump:

5spd swap eh?

Yea, pretty nice less salt to keep it alive. Need to just start collecting for what i need as I don't want to be with out it as I don't trust my car after sending a rod out the block.

Sand and a stove???

Sand is for my Mothers Garden, and the stove is an base for an Delta Jointer I got from the OG owner of my truck, done some work for him and it was just setting in his shed. Not sure what I'm going to do with it as it is like 6 feet long but will use it one day lol :nabble_anim_jump:

5spd swap eh?

Yea, pretty nice less salt to keep it alive. Need to just start collecting for what i need as I don't want to be with out it as I don't trust my car after sending a rod out the block.

Today I replaced the push-rod gasket which was leaking oil badly. I also move my MSD 6T ignition box from the passenger fender liner to the drivers side of the radiator core support. I also re-wired it with all spliced connections insulted with heat shrink tubing. I also utilized the original factory duraspark connections with plugs salvaged from a dead ignition module and put the wiring in some split loom from the parts store.

Before:

12-12-2019_005.jpg.a48ce122185a8a0df28e8521c1687144.jpg

After:

12-12-2019_006.jpg.a8a8dc0d3c5549bead05ccccccdce976.jpg

Wiring on drivers side where original DS II module plugged in at:

12-12-2019_008.jpg.07cbd2d5acefa38da732c6defb0781e3.jpg

Today I replaced the push-rod gasket which was leaking oil badly. I also move my MSD 6T ignition box from the passenger fender liner to the drivers side of the radiator core support. I also re-wired it with all spliced connections insulted with heat shrink tubing. I also utilized the original factory duraspark connections with plugs salvaged from a dead ignition module and put the wiring in some split loom from the parts store.

Before:

After:

Wiring on drivers side where original DS II module plugged in at:

That certainly cleaned things up. :nabble_smiley_good:

I would say 'Progress is Good!' Gary might call it another layer of the onion.

At any rate, nice clean install using factory type plugs. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Yes, that cleaned things up nicely. Well done, Frank. :nabble_smiley_good:

It was originally going to be a temporary set up until I got another DS II module, but after 9 years I figured it was time to do a better job of my wiring. Now the wiring is no longer draped across the valve cover. I got the oil changed yesterday and tomorrow the 10 year old spark plugs get replaced with 6 new Motorcraft BSF44P spark plugs. Also the new glove box gets put in. Thanks Gary!

It was originally going to be a temporary set up until I got another DS II module, but after 9 years I figured it was time to do a better job of my wiring. Now the wiring is no longer draped across the valve cover. I got the oil changed yesterday and tomorrow the 10 year old spark plugs get replaced with 6 new Motorcraft BSF44P spark plugs. Also the new glove box gets put in. Thanks Gary!

Glad it made it. 👍