Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I really think that terminal stud fuse is the way for me to go.

Though I won't be paying BlueSea $ for it.

I do like the fact that it's rated for submersion.

I do want to get my cardboard aided mockup done this morning.

It's supposed to be sleeting the next couple of days.

Maybe I can get my fog light mounts made up while I wait for a new style fuse.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frank - I can't get your link to work. But if I understand correctly you are going to replace the alternator's output wire with a new wire and a Maxi fuse. In that case, this calculator says that for a 1 meter run at 60 amps an 8 gauge wire is needed for a max of a 3% voltage drop. But make sure that whatever fuse holder you get is rated to handle that much current.

Jim - Speaking of that, I'm pretty sure that the 1996 PDC has slots that originally carried pretty hefty fuses, but that's a good point and I'll check in a bit when I get to the shop. And that's a good find of the Slow Blow fuses at Digi-Key. Thanks.

As for sizing the fuse, I've thought of two approaches: First, add up the fuses the circuit is serving and use one that size. Second, gauge the wire size of the circuit and fuse for however much it can carry. I'm leaning to the latter, but maybe there's a better way? (Just heard Carly and James sing about a better way and going with the flow. Makes me :nabble_smiley_grin:)

On the charts, I'm thinking of adding them to this page: Documentation/Electrical/Circuit Protection and on the Blade Fuses tab. And I'd add the link to Digi-Key. Thoughts? Your "cool" smiley has me wondering what you were thinking.

Jochen - My vehicles always drive MUCH better with new tires. Let us know how yours does. :nabble_smiley_good:

I did add the fuse information and link to Digi-Key here: Documentation/Electrical/Circuit Protection. Let me know if there is more we should add.

I did add the fuse information and link to Digi-Key here: Documentation/Electrical/Circuit Protection. Let me know if there is more we should add.

A friend of mine gave me a Panasonic CQ-c1100u AM/FM CD player and I installed it in my truck today. I had to use my jig saw with a metal cutting blade to cut my radio bracket so I could install the mounting sleeve. It went pretty well and then I wired the radio up in my truck. Here's a few pics.

283.jpg.fcc69c6d62b56ccd9e3da69e49f1d79d.jpg284.jpg.3c408d75dbbdd6ab144891a2bb638aa6.jpg

285.jpg.6f6629409b02aebde15f4a9c1261f9ff.jpg286.jpg.393792f839fed7a4973e877f9fd6810a.jpg

287.jpg.41c35f2cbbd7881cdb55ccb030e2b5af.jpg288.jpg.35b2396133af2a3a99c6c40ecb643ccb.jpg

A friend of mine gave me a Panasonic CQ-c1100u AM/FM CD player and I installed it in my truck today. I had to use my jig saw with a metal cutting blade to cut my radio bracket so I could install the mounting sleeve. It went pretty well and then I wired the radio up in my truck. Here's a few pics.

I wouldn't have thought you could get all that in there, but you did! And it looks like it will be solid. Well done. :nabble_smiley_good:

I now see those, thanks Jim. But they have to be mounted. What I'd like to find is one in a Maxi Fuse size since I think my PDC has spare slots for them. Guess I'd better check....In the interim, here's the fuse name chart I'm working from:And here are the dimensions:And here are the ratings those fuses come in. I suppose I could determine the wire size that each fusible link ties into and pick a Maxi Fuse that would protect that size of wire.
The new tires are really making a difference. Less noise and more traction. Good investment though getting the size over here wasn‘t easy. Not a lot if choice

Viele GrüßeJochen

I wouldn't have thought you could get all that in there, but you did! And it looks like it will be solid. Well done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks and it is solid. I built it out of some left over steel from where I was working at 9 years ago. If I remember correctly it is 10 gauge steel and it was left over from putting a new floor for a flat bed we built for one of the trucks at the well drilling company that I was working for. I had to do some minor trimming at the top of the dash opening to get it all to fit as I did not want my cb baking on top of the dash.

VIN: 1FTDF10F9CNA03089

• 1FT: Ford USA

• D: 5001-6000 # GVWR

• F10: F100 2wd

• F: 302/5.0L

• 9: Check digit

• C: 1982

• N: Norfolk assembly plant

• A03089: Numerical Sequence Of Assembly

Paint:

• 4J: Medium Dark Spruce Metallic

• 7B: Light Spruce Metallic

Type: F103 = 5050 GVWR

Body:

• DR: Spruce interior color, all vinyl

• 4: Regular cab w/Styleside box

Trans: T = AOD

Axle: 15 = 3.25 gears in an axle w/a 3.75K rating

DSO: 21 = Atlanta district sales office

I don't know wha the FOO and TO53X are for.

It was brisk (35 USA Units) but not breezy Sunday, so I made a little progress on my fog light project.

There was some iteration of the Cardboard Aided Design.

IMG_20191208_122013.thumb.jpg.13da256b9f6342b15747c4ec711eb966.jpg

Then once unfolded, cutting of dirty stock.

IMG_20191209_031520.thumb.jpg.010e2c5cbbf802c767858dabc259fc80.jpg

IMG_20191209_031230.jpg.a27a05658be5db0c88e44fe14c3f1919.jpg

This was the closest I could find to the Bricknose bumper stays.

The 1" flange should make it very stiff once it's all welded up.

I need to file out some 10mm square holes for the plastic license plate retainers I intend to use to hold the lights in.

Then I can Ospho and rattle bomb them with satin black Rust-Oleum.