Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I do think I need to adjust my crimper a little tighter.

I did have one terminal I was able to pull off 16Ga. wire.

If you strip double the length you need for the terminal and fold it in half, or take a spare wire and make a stub to fill up some space in the crimp barrel it should help that a bit.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary,

I'm not using a Ford box, just a cheap Chinese piece from eBay.

It comes with five Ruike brand relays and they fit the Bosch pattern.

If one dies I'll replace with one of my silver contact Hella spares.

The 50A relay has larger spades and a 2x2 leg pattern (no NC 87a terminal)

That should be fine for the 40A pull and 13A hold of my PMGR starter.

Ill be following your progress on this. I would like to put in an aftermarket PDC in mine as well. Found a couple for all different fuse/relay set ups but also for the plug and play fusible links via fusible link wires. Not only will repairs be easier, but troubleshooting as well.

Ill be following your progress on this. I would like to put in an aftermarket PDC in mine as well. Found a couple for all different fuse/relay set ups but also for the plug and play fusible links via fusible link wires. Not only will repairs be easier, but troubleshooting as well.

Tell me more about the plug and play fusible links?

Gary,

I'm not using a Ford box, just a cheap Chinese piece from eBay.

It comes with five Ruike brand relays and they fit the Bosch pattern.

If one dies I'll replace with one of my silver contact Hella spares.

The 50A relay has larger spades and a 2x2 leg pattern (no NC 87a terminal)

That should be fine for the 40A pull and 13A hold of my PMGR starter.

That higher current relay is what Ford uses for the engine cooling fan high speed on the Crown Vics, they use a standard Bosch style on the PGMR starters.

That higher current relay is what Ford uses for the engine cooling fan high speed on the Crown Vics, they use a standard Bosch style on the PGMR starters.

Right, Bill.

But given that I have a hard time fitting the 12Ga. starter solenoid wire in the smaller relay and fuse contacts I'm going to use it for the starter.

The rest of the circuits wether 14 or 16 gauge are fine.

I need to get back out there and finish my pre-wiring.

Right, Bill.

But given that I have a hard time fitting the 12Ga. starter solenoid wire in the smaller relay and fuse contacts I'm going to use it for the starter.

The rest of the circuits wether 14 or 16 gauge are fine.

I need to get back out there and finish my pre-wiring.

I think I've got a solution to my plan for cleaning up the inner fender of 'Lil Red.

I got to practice my crimps.

IMG_20191203_061132.thumb.jpg.392b71232f2a0578e336aff6550c6764.jpg

There was no bus in this little power panel, nor an integrated ground.

So I made up a loop for each.

It was challenging to splice and solder each connection, but once I had a decent physical connection, I used my gun to wet out each joint.

Not too concerned about being brittle because each has six points of support.

The feed is 10Ga. and will come direct from the main fuse on the outside of the box. (when I find one I like for this application)

IMG_20191203_163045.thumb.jpg.f8b78f42457ab3fead423af0149894a7.jpg

The grounds pass out the back of the box and get a ring terminal.

IMG_20191203_172203.thumb.jpg.44a8b2a62c4153ee69061ec489c52db7.jpg

I think I've got a solution to my plan for cleaning up the inner fender of 'Lil Red.

I got to practice my crimps.

There was no bus in this little power panel, nor an integrated ground.

So I made up a loop for each.

It was challenging to splice and solder each connection, but once I had a decent physical connection, I used my gun to wet out each joint.

Not too concerned about being brittle because each has six points of support.

The feed is 10Ga. and will come direct from the main fuse on the outside of the box. (when I find one I like for this application)

The grounds pass out the back of the box and get a ring terminal.

Neat little box. Crimp looks good, but I like crimped and soldered even better. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You need your own thread to capture this project. There will be others that want to follow your lead. Not that posting here is bad, but having it all in one place will be a bigger help to them.

Neat little box. Crimp looks good, but I like crimped and soldered even better. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You need your own thread to capture this project. There will be others that want to follow your lead. Not that posting here is bad, but having it all in one place will be a bigger help to them.

It just seemed like a little thing.

I didn't feel it needed its own thread.

But I will... If you and Bill jump in and show how it's done with a Genuine Ford PDC as well. :nabble_smiley_wink:

It just seemed like a little thing.

I didn't feel it needed its own thread.

But I will... If you and Bill jump in and show how it's done with a Genuine Ford PDC as well. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You want ME to document something? Like I might NOT? :nabble_smiley_scared:

Seriously though, I will be showing how I put a Ford box in Big Blue and again how one goes in Dad's truck. There will be, I think, two aspects to that. One is how the EFI uses the box. But the other is how to integrate one into a Bullnose truck, with or without EFI.