Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Not only was the gear worn, but the clutch was not always engaging.

I suspect that was the real problem.

So I pieced together one from both.

Cleaned, lubed, rattle bombed and dated the bitsa starter.

It's up to 35 now, and the sun is shining.

Did I mention how much my hands prefer the horrid fate composite ratchets in the cold? 😉

Jim - Hadn't thought about how the composites would feel in hot or cold weather, but that makes sense.

And glad you got one good starter out of the two. See, saving junk pays off!

Bob - Glad you stopped by. I'm going to be discussing onboard air systems on the Big Blue's Transformation thread soon, and would love to have your input.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim - Hadn't thought about how the composites would feel in hot or cold weather, but that makes sense.

And glad you got one good starter out of the two. See, saving junk pays off!

Bob - Glad you stopped by. I'm going to be discussing onboard air systems on the Big Blue's Transformation thread soon, and would love to have your input.

Less thermal mass so it doesn't feel as cold, or stay cold as long.

Being black you'd think it would get hotter in the sun, but they don't seem uncomfortable in summer either.

(there is a steel tube buried inside)

Today I knocked off early in the sleet, and sat down to sort out my PDC.

I started by laying out the relays and pigtailing them.

Running a common ground since I can't see more than the fog lights and low beams on at the same time.

I intend to have fog lights never come on with high beams.

Starter and horn are momentary, and the 'make' current is very low at any rate...

Fuses are on the relay output, and I'm trying to keep color codes correct (except for stripes or dashed... because all I have is solid primary wire)

I wanted to get into some Cardboard Aided Design for the fog lamp brackets but there was no way I was going to lay in the sleet and slush.

Besides, it would adversely affect the stiffness of the cardboard. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

If the weather is crappy tomorrow morning perhaps I will template the light mounting points and cut those out of the 14Ga. steel I have to work with.

I also need to badly adjust my parking brakes.

Driving all the way to work with them set a few weeks ago must have worn the heck out of the shoes.

Being black you'd think it would get hotter in the sun, but they don't seem uncomfortable in summer either.

Running a common ground since I can't see more than the fog lights and low beams on at the same time.

Starter and horn are momentary, and the 'make' current is very low at any rate...

Fuses are on the relay output, and I'm trying to keep color codes correct (except for stripes or dashed... because all I have is solid primary wire)

I wanted to get into some Cardboard Aided Design for the fog lamp brackets but there was no way I was going to lay in the sleet and slush.

Besides, it would adversely affect the stiffness of the cardboard. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

If the weather is crappy tomorrow morning perhaps I will template the light mounting points and cut those out of the 14Ga. steel I have to work with.

Driving all the way to work with them set a few weeks ago must have worn the heck out of the shoes.

Marketplace paid off today, as I came home with a bullnose premium (chrome with impact strips) rear step bumper that is rust free with only a few dings and scratches for $50. No pics, Gary. Maybe tomorrow in my build thread once I clean it up. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Jim, one of the reasons I save old wiring harness parts is to have the actual colors (base + stripe or dashes) to add or extend wires.

Jim, one of the reasons I save old wiring harness parts is to have the actual colors (base + stripe or dashes) to add or extend wires.

And unfortunately a GREAT DEAL of 'useful junk' went to the dump when I had to abandon my storage container.

Exotic hardwoods, chemicals no longer available to the public, composite materials from defense contractor over stock, sentimental items of little or no value in today's society and of course rare Ford truck parts harvested from the darkest corners of the northeast... :nabble_smiley_sad:

First, why would you badly adjust your parking brakes? :nabble_anim_confused:

But I do think Cardboard Aided Design is a good idea. :nabble_smiley_good:

Anyway, the PDC is going to work out well. I like that plan.

First, why would you badly adjust your parking brakes? :nabble_anim_confused:

But I do think Cardboard Aided Design is a good idea. :nabble_smiley_good:

Anyway, the PDC is going to work out well. I like that plan.

Hmmm, because I adjusted them well last time and look at them NOW!?!?!. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Uh, yeah, I have a dire need to adjust my parking brakes.

But not in the slush and mud.

I'm glad I will be transitioning over to all Bosch style cube relays.

And keeping the same blade style fuses I have in the main panel.

Much easier for spares and repairs.

Part of me thinks about having the whole thing on a relay so it's 'cold' when the key is out, but na, too much to fail.

I do think I need to adjust my crimper a little tighter.

I did have one terminal I was able to pull off 16Ga. wire.

Hmmm, because I adjusted them well last time and look at them NOW!?!?!. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Uh, yeah, I have a dire need to adjust my parking brakes.

But not in the slush and mud.

I'm glad I will be transitioning over to all Bosch style cube relays.

And keeping the same blade style fuses I have in the main panel.

Much easier for spares and repairs.

Part of me thinks about having the whole thing on a relay so it's 'cold' when the key is out, but na, too much to fail.

I do think I need to adjust my crimper a little tighter.

I did have one terminal I was able to pull off 16Ga. wire.

Are you saying you can put a Bosch relay where the Ford relays are? Or, what are you saying? How are you "transitioning over to all Bosch style cube relays"?

CRIMP! You mean you aren't soldering everything?????? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Are you saying you can put a Bosch relay where the Ford relays are? Or, what are you saying? How are you "transitioning over to all Bosch style cube relays"?

CRIMP! You mean you aren't soldering everything?????? :nabble_smiley_evil:

I don't blame him, function is the same and they are (a) cheaper and (b) plentiful. If you look at my PDC, it has a row of Bosch relays and the side box has 4 more 3 of which are my trailer system relays.

I don't blame him, function is the same and they are (a) cheaper and (b) plentiful. If you look at my PDC, it has a row of Bosch relays and the side box has 4 more 3 of which are my trailer system relays.

What’s PDC? Either I don’t know or bad brain flatulence!

Edit: Power Distribution Center?