Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Gary, Jim, "krinkle kut" was only on the light duty Aeronose to my knowledge. My friend's 1995 F350 does not have it, frame looks almost the same as Darth, difference being the bumper mounts. 1980-86 the bumper bolts directly to the front of the frame, 1987-91 on the sides, 1992-97 HD still the same mount system, 1992-96 LD has the krinkle kut in front just behind the bumper mounts.

Thanks Bill!

I didn't think any of the 250-350-450 trucks ever got the energy absorbing frames.

Just the trucks that fell into the passenger car weight class.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Bill!

I didn't think any of the 250-350-450 trucks ever got the energy absorbing frames.

Just the trucks that fell into the passenger car weight class.

Yep, my bad - the '95 F350's frame doesn't have krinkles. :nabble_smiley_blush:

So it was an under-8500-GVW thing? Meaning the LD F250's might have it and the HD F250's don't?

Same goes for the airbags on 94-96 trucks. Only on light duty.

Still no parking brake indicator, and I changed all the bulbs the other day when I had the cluster out. ☹️

Last night I lost the high beam indicator, but the floor switch still works.

So I'll be back into the dash today trying to figure it out.

EVTM isn't helping me too much.

I wish there was a print of the flex circuit, so I could be the electrons...

Still no parking brake indicator, and I changed all the bulbs the other day when I had the cluster out. ☹️

Last night I lost the high beam indicator, but the floor switch still works.

So I'll be back into the dash today trying to figure it out.

EVTM isn't helping me too much.

I wish there was a print of the flex circuit, so I could be the electrons...

Being the electrons would be handy. At least you could report back on which way they flow. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hard to understand how you could lose individual lights/circuits unless they are breaking in the flex. But then I'm not au fait with the '87 and later dash wiring, so don't really know.

Being the electrons would be handy. At least you could report back on which way they flow. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hard to understand how you could lose individual lights/circuits unless they are breaking in the flex. But then I'm not au fait with the '87 and later dash wiring, so don't really know.

That's how I visualize schematics in my head.

Maybe it's an autistic thing.

It's almost like Google navigation.

I cruise down the path, see things like they are intersections, lights, etc.

Do you know if conductive defroster repair 'nailpolish' works on the flex circuits?

I suppose I really should send you my EVTM, although it is beyond the scope of your website. 🤔

I suppose I really should send you my EVTM, although it is beyond the scope of your website. 🤔

I actually have an '87 EVTM. I don't know who gave it to me, but someone did. I've not started adding anything from it to the documentation side, but could scan something in for a post.

I, too, run along the wires and see where they go, but had never realized I'm playing electron. Cool!

But I don't know if conductive defroster repair 'nailpolish' will fix the flex.

That's how I visualize schematics in my head.

Maybe it's an autistic thing.

It's almost like Google navigation.

I cruise down the path, see things like they are intersections, lights, etc.

Do you know if conductive defroster repair 'nailpolish' works on the flex circuits?

Jim. it might. Pay close attention to the plugs, their spring contacts and the areas on the printed circuit they go into I have been dealing with similar issues on my konvertible, difference is Chrysler used a hard circuit board and a pair of round 11 pin (not all used) plugs that were never available as repair parts (parts lists say "replace harness assembly". I cleaned and soldered the pins to the printed strips, got everything working reliably except the tachometer. I believe that 1987 and 1988 are the same, possibly 1989, after that Ford went to the "oil pressure indicator", but that can be resolved with a jumper across the cut area and deleting the resistor to ground.

Jim. it might. Pay close attention to the plugs, their spring contacts and the areas on the printed circuit they go into I have been dealing with similar issues on my konvertible, difference is Chrysler used a hard circuit board and a pair of round 11 pin (not all used) plugs that were never available as repair parts (parts lists say "replace harness assembly". I cleaned and soldered the pins to the printed strips, got everything working reliably except the tachometer. I believe that 1987 and 1988 are the same, possibly 1989, after that Ford went to the "oil pressure indicator", but that can be resolved with a jumper across the cut area and deleting the resistor to ground.

I have the functional oil pressure gauge.

Since it isn't raining and is supposed to hit 40 today I put off the cluster and am doing more winterizing.

My heat riser has a big hole in it and where the studs hold it at either end was gone.

The rattling was driving me nuts.

This little wire feed machine with the heat turned all the way down seems okay for tacks.

Once I change that I'm going to finish the guardrail and slap some paint on it since it's dry and above freezing .