Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're obsessed Gary! :nabble_smiley_good:

That's being kind, Jim. Crazy might be closer.

The truth is that I don't know where to draw the line. Months ago I took a look at the upper and lower plenums and decided that they were pretty grisly and needed powder coated. Now, with those done the valve covers look poor, so I'll PC them as well. But all of the fasteners were rusty, so.....

You're obsessed Gary! :nabble_smiley_good:

That's being kind, Jim. Crazy might be closer.

The truth is that I don't know where to draw the line. Months ago I took a look at the upper and lower plenums and decided that they were pretty grisly and needed powder coated. Now, with those done the valve covers look poor, so I'll PC them as well. But all of the fasteners were rusty, so.....

And so on, and so on, and so on...

I would hate to see your electric bill with that Easy Bake Oven running at 400°F every day. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

And so on, and so on, and so on...

I would hate to see your electric bill with that Easy Bake Oven running at 400°F every day. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Yebbut, the heating bill sure is low. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously, after running the air compressor for hours blasting the parts and PC'ing them, 400 degrees for maybe an hour doesn't seem to hurt the bill enough to notice.

Yebbut, the heating bill sure is low. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously, after running the air compressor for hours blasting the parts and PC'ing them, 400 degrees for maybe an hour doesn't seem to hurt the bill enough to notice.

It's crazy how easy it is to get carried away. I told myself I was just gonna find a cab, stab an axle in it, throw a drivetrain in, and drive the truck as-is. Now I find myself restoring everything I touch. Although I'm not even close to being on Gary's level and I really don't want to be on that level.

Although I'm not even close to being on Gary's level and I really don't want to be on that level.

:nabble_anim_blbl:

Seriously, I don't want Big Blue to be a trailer queen! But, maybe it is ok for the engine to be pretty?

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Once you can embrace that, we can move forward.

(No, I'm not kidding)

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Once you can embrace that, we can move forward.

(No, I'm not kidding)

My name is Gary, and I have a problem. Every once in a while I can go for up to two weeks at a time w/o working on my truck, but then the vacation/cruise/Christmas visit is over and there I am again, "upgrading" something. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig: