Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

In theme with this thread here's my recent updates:

Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners. (havent drove on them yet but I'm very excited to test them out)

Putting in new brake booster this weekend

fixing trailer wires so I can hopefully tow my lil toyota (and work on that one too!)

Found out why my engine temp gauge wasn't working: previous owner let the wire slip off the top of the sensor...:nabble_smiley_thinking:

And if I can get all that done this weekend, I'll be driving her to work on Monday. Because my DD toyota has a misfire I need to diagnose. (Its an OBDII car with no error codes. But that's a problem for a different forum...)

Sounds like quite a to-do list. Hope you get it all done and get to drive the truck on Monday. :nabble_smiley_good:

Not my truck, but I spent today wiring the compressor and plumbing the air lines for my friend Ari's F53 motorcoach, before he relocates to Florida tomorrow.

He bought the P3 train horns and wanted it set up either/or/both... so some relays, splicing and diceing was done.

Not to mention bracket fabrication, compressor mounting, an additional sub panel and pneumatic solenoid in the cargo hold, dpdt momentary switch, etc.

Got out of there at 10.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not my truck, but I spent today wiring the compressor and plumbing the air lines for my friend Ari's F53 motorcoach, before he relocates to Florida tomorrow.

He bought the P3 train horns and wanted it set up either/or/both... so some relays, splicing and diceing was done.

Not to mention bracket fabrication, compressor mounting, an additional sub panel and pneumatic solenoid in the cargo hold, dpdt momentary switch, etc.

Got out of there at 10.

How did it sound?

How did it sound?

At 160 psi, ridiculously loud.

Most people have never stood 5' from a freight train's horn, and even at that, not without the din of rolling stock.

The unfortunate thing is there is no modulation, like there would be if there was a chain or lever attached to an air valve.

It is just on or off.

At 160 psi, ridiculously loud.

Most people have never stood 5' from a freight train's horn, and even at that, not without the din of rolling stock.

The unfortunate thing is there is no modulation, like there would be if there was a chain or lever attached to an air valve.

It is just on or off.

Can you crank the pressure down?

As for a train horn, been there, heard that. Worked on the railroad for 16 months during summers and one winter. There's a reason why the hearing aid sales in railroad towns are booming.

Can you crank the pressure down?

As for a train horn, been there, heard that. Worked on the railroad for 16 months during summers and one winter. There's a reason why the hearing aid sales in railroad towns are booming.

Ari and I share some peculiar traits.

One of his "special interests" is horns and sirens.

He doesn't want to turn it down for any reason.

Fortunately, he has a small tank

Ari and I share some peculiar traits.

One of his "special interests" is horns and sirens.

He doesn't want to turn it down for any reason.

Fortunately, he has a small tank

Finally took "Brown" on the interstate the other day...100 mi round trip, cruising at 65/70, return trip with a decent load of firewood (don't ask why I went that far for firewood) averaged 12.5 mpg, don't know if the air cleaner lid flip had a lot to do with the mileage, I do know it increased about 1.5 on local driving, been getting about 10mpg local driving.

Bill

Finally took "Brown" on the interstate the other day...100 mi round trip, cruising at 65/70, return trip with a decent load of firewood (don't ask why I went that far for firewood) averaged 12.5 mpg, don't know if the air cleaner lid flip had a lot to do with the mileage, I do know it increased about 1.5 on local driving, been getting about 10mpg local driving.

Bill

Said goodbye to some of the maroon paint today. Gonna do a little here and a little there until the maroon sections are all in primer.

20191112_134242_(2).jpg.522c8c571117b71721dc4a213671fbb0.jpg

Sure!

"Hold please"

When you call 911 and they're too busy!...

How about this hole?

Mill Supply sent the wrong side Tabco rocker. :nabble_smiley_angry:

My picture was sideways so I had to adjust it. Hence the "hold please".

My rockers were patched by a previous owner, and they did an awful job. I'll have to redo them at some point but they're solid for now so I'll leave them be.

My picture was sideways so I had to adjust it. Hence the "hold please".

My rockers were patched by a previous owner, and they did an awful job. I'll have to redo them at some point but they're solid for now so I'll leave them be.

What I did was to convert the 79 pieces on the left to the ones on the right:

Media_Blasting_-_111119.thumb.jpg.70a7d418212f833befc8ad6d531bcc61.jpgPCd_Parts_111219.thumb.jpg.da0443442ddcbd15f792728df6c6202c.jpg