Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Frank - Are your rims too wide for your tires? Show us a pic of what you have. Someone may be looking for them.

Jim - Why 8? I thought it just took 4, although more is better than less.

I always buy extra.

They are cheap but not at hand all the time.

Sometimes it saves my az.

Sometimes a buddy or another member will need them. 😁

I near cried when I had to take my stashes to the dump, emptying my container.

SO much unobtainable stuff gone!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frank - Are your rims too wide for your tires? Show us a pic of what you have. Someone may be looking for them.

Jim - Why 8? I thought it just took 4, although more is better than less.

My tires{255/70 15} fit my rims just right but 235/75 15 tires would be cheaper to replace and there is a wider selection of tires compared to my choices in the 255/70 15 size tires that I have to run to fit the 8" wide rims that are on my truck right now. I am currently looking for some rims here in my area of west TN but it will be at least some time next year before I will be able to do any thing on the rims due to my finances. Especially with Christmas coming up soon. The rims that have on my tuck right now are Ultra Type 62's and I have had them on two trucks now since 2004.

'

My tires{255/70 15} fit my rims just right but 235/75 15 tires would be cheaper to replace and there is a wider selection of tires compared to my choices in the 255/70 15 size tires that I have to run to fit the 8" wide rims that are on my truck right now. I am currently looking for some rims here in my area of west TN but it will be at least some time next year before I will be able to do any thing on the rims due to my finances. Especially with Christmas coming up soon. The rims that have on my tuck right now are Ultra Type 62's and I have had them on two trucks now since 2004.

I hope you find them, Frank. Good luck!

I hope you find them, Frank. Good luck!

Frank, are you only interested in Ultra type62's ?

If not, what style of rim are you looking for?

As for what I did *for* my truck today, parts keep rolling in, in dribs and drabs.

Fog lights, a new eBay bumper and a Tabco rocker panel were waiting yesterday....

My postman and UPS driver must hate me! 😆

So, I need some trim clips and a pair of front universals, and I need to rummage through my parts stash and lay everything out.

Gary, I'm interested in the balljoint adapters you've made. Will check on that.

Also a piece of windshield trim arrived from Podunk. Thanks Gary! :nabble_anim_handshake:

IMG_20191107_151838.thumb.jpg.5a01c36bdb15cbdbfbe6a21f20618edc.jpg

Winter is definitely coming. (Forcast a dusting today) and this time change is killing any work I can get done after work. Ill be starting in the dark and getting home in the dark for the next couple of months. 😵

Cory / Rembrant is looking for 8" wide rims.

Oh, that is pretty low priority at the moment! I still need to confirm my issue is the rims. Do tires get flat spots anymore? My truck did sit for months without moving. I didn't think flat spots were an issue anymore, but maybe they are...

Frank, are you only interested in Ultra type62's ?

If not, what style of rim are you looking for?

As for what I did *for* my truck today, parts keep rolling in, in dribs and drabs.

Fog lights, a new eBay bumper and a Tabco rocker panel were waiting yesterday....

My postman and UPS driver must hate me! 😆

So, I need some trim clips and a pair of front universals, and I need to rummage through my parts stash and lay everything out.

Gary, I'm interested in the balljoint adapters you've made. Will check on that.

Also a piece of windshield trim arrived from Podunk. Thanks Gary! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Winter is definitely coming. (Forcast a dusting today) and this time change is killing any work I can get done after work. Ill be starting in the dark and getting home in the dark for the next couple of months. 😵

Jim - Perhaps I need to put up a thread/post in Tools about the ball joint press I have and the adapters I've made and why?

Anyway, glad the trim made it safely. I made the "box" as a triangle for the max stiffness and, as you'll see, there's more than one layer of cardboard in some places. Didn't want it to bend. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Cory - I don't know about flat spots. I didn't think they did any more, but it might depend on the tire's composition. Sure would be a pain to change out the wheels and still have the problem.

Jim - Perhaps I need to put up a thread/post in Tools about the ball joint press I have and the adapters I've made and why?

Anyway, glad the trim made it safely. I made the "box" as a triangle for the max stiffness and, as you'll see, there's more than one layer of cardboard in some places. Didn't want it to bend. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Cory - I don't know about flat spots. I didn't think they did any more, but it might depend on the tire's composition. Sure would be a pain to change out the wheels and still have the problem.

Idk about flat spots either but I would check the sidewalls for dry rot. Apparently there's chemicals in tires that are released or circulated from the pressure of driving on them and when tires sit for a while they are in danger of becoming brittle.

Idk about flat spots either but I would check the sidewalls for dry rot. Apparently there's chemicals in tires that are released or circulated from the pressure of driving on them and when tires sit for a while they are in danger of becoming brittle.

In theme with this thread here's my recent updates:

Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners. (havent drove on them yet but I'm very excited to test them out)

Putting in new brake booster this weekend

fixing trailer wires so I can hopefully tow my lil toyota (and work on that one too!)

Found out why my engine temp gauge wasn't working: previous owner let the wire slip off the top of the sensor...:nabble_smiley_thinking:

And if I can get all that done this weekend, I'll be driving her to work on Monday. Because my DD toyota has a misfire I need to diagnose. (Its an OBDII car with no error codes. But that's a problem for a different forum...)

In theme with this thread here's my recent updates:

Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners. (havent drove on them yet but I'm very excited to test them out)

Putting in new brake booster this weekend

fixing trailer wires so I can hopefully tow my lil toyota (and work on that one too!)

Found out why my engine temp gauge wasn't working: previous owner let the wire slip off the top of the sensor...:nabble_smiley_thinking:

And if I can get all that done this weekend, I'll be driving her to work on Monday. Because my DD toyota has a misfire I need to diagnose. (Its an OBDII car with no error codes. But that's a problem for a different forum...)

Sounds like quite a to-do list. Hope you get it all done and get to drive the truck on Monday. :nabble_smiley_good: