Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I need the upper left. (surrounding the drivers sun visor)

Sunday I finished drilling out my buddy Bill's exhaust manifolds and hanging a complete system on his 5.0 Bronco.

Hopefully he can pass emissions now, although it's throwing a MIL and that needs to be addressed.

Maybe his cranky old rump can handle that....

I always hated the sound of his gutted Cat and single Cherry Bomb anyhow.

So I got one other small Bullnose task completed this weekend! As if a functional washer fluid system wasn't enough for me to get excited about, I now also have a dome light that comes on when I open the driver's door!! Small little baby steps I tell ya....every little job completed is another one off the list!

However, I don't know what part is not 100%...my new Chinese door or my new Chinese door jamb switch, but there was a mild interference fit between the two. Luckily the door is soft enough it allowed a little dimple where the switch button hits it. All good.

I was thinking that I might celebrate by ordering a switch for the passenger side since the truck never actually had one over there. Of the few things my bare bones stripper wiring harness had loose connectors for, the passenger side door jamb switch is one of them (Along with other factory deleted items like my radio and cigarette lighter, etc).

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I got one other small Bullnose task completed this weekend! As if a functional washer fluid system wasn't enough for me to get excited about, I now also have a dome light that comes on when I open the driver's door!! Small little baby steps I tell ya....every little job completed is another one off the list!

However, I don't know what part is not 100%...my new Chinese door or my new Chinese door jamb switch, but there was a mild interference fit between the two. Luckily the door is soft enough it allowed a little dimple where the switch button hits it. All good.

I was thinking that I might celebrate by ordering a switch for the passenger side since the truck never actually had one over there. Of the few things my bare bones stripper wiring harness had loose connectors for, the passenger side door jamb switch is one of them (Along with other factory deleted items like my radio and cigarette lighter, etc).

Frank - Good job! A warm heater is going to be very much appreciated soon. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - Ok, the driver's side upper. But outside. I'll look today. As for the gutted cat and cherry bomb sound, I'm guessing that was tinny. So, what system did you put on? How does it sound?

Cory - Maybe you can get your wife to go with you if have a light for her door? Anyway, another onion ring, and even if it is small it is good.

Frank - Good job! A warm heater is going to be very much appreciated soon. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - Ok, the driver's side upper. But outside. I'll look today. As for the gutted cat and cherry bomb sound, I'm guessing that was tinny. So, what system did you put on? How does it sound?

Cory - Maybe you can get your wife to go with you if have a light for her door? Anyway, another onion ring, and even if it is small it is good.

Walker stock replacement, from the studs to the tailpipe.

I think the whole shooting match was $250 from RA, including the hangers.

It sounds like a healthy 5.0.

But as I said there's a check engine light.

The Bronco is shifting hard, but I don't know what an automatic should feel like.

Maybe if it gets driven more once it's legal again, things will free up?

Walker stock replacement, from the studs to the tailpipe.

I think the whole shooting match was $250 from RA, including the hangers.

It sounds like a healthy 5.0.

But as I said there's a check engine light.

The Bronco is shifting hard, but I don't know what an automatic should feel like.

Maybe if it gets driven more once it's legal again, things will free up?

The 5.0's can really sound good. As for the shifting, you may be right about more usage. Good luck!

Cory - What wheels do you think you'll replace them with?

Gary, that's a good question. I'm up and down on wheels all the time...bit of a moving target I guess.

I may go with the factory Bronco wheels (the 15x8 ones) if I can find 4 of them.

Cory, Jonathan [FordF834] has a nice clean set of original argent spoked wheels with the chrome centers and the trim rings with red rings. They are 7" wide, not 8" as you mentioned.

I need the upper left. (surrounding the drivers sun visor)

Sunday I finished drilling out my buddy Bill's exhaust manifolds and hanging a complete system on his 5.0 Bronco.

Hopefully he can pass emissions now, although it's throwing a MIL and that needs to be addressed.

Maybe his cranky old rump can handle that....

I always hated the sound of his gutted Cat and single Cherry Bomb anyhow.

Jim - Is this the guy? If so text me the address again.

Jims_Upper_Left_Windshield_Trim.thumb.jpg.6f6808e995b6b8a04446ff9e45022b4b.jpg

Cory - What wheels do you think you'll replace them with?

Gary, that's a good question. I'm up and down on wheels all the time...bit of a moving target I guess.

I may go with the factory Bronco wheels (the 15x8 ones) if I can find 4 of them.

Cory, Jonathan [FordF834] has a nice clean set of original argent spoked wheels with the chrome centers and the trim rings with red rings. They are 7" wide, not 8" as you mentioned.

I would love to find some 7" wide spoke rims near me here in TN to replace my 8" wide Ultra type 62 aluminum rims. It would widen up the tire options for my 2WD truck.

Jim - As you know, I got your text w/the address, and I have the part boxed. Hope to get it on its way tomorrow.

And does this answer the question about fasteners? It comes from Documentation/Exterior/Exterior Trim & Moulding.

Yes, I got your reply Gary. :nabble_smiley_beam:

So it seems I should be looking for eight D1AZ-6542413-B retaining clips.

Maybe I'll turn to Aveuco or Clips & Fasteners.

Yes, I got your reply Gary. :nabble_smiley_beam:

So it seems I should be looking for eight D1AZ-6542413-B retaining clips.

Maybe I'll turn to Aveuco or Clips & Fasteners.

Frank - Are your rims too wide for your tires? Show us a pic of what you have. Someone may be looking for them.

Jim - Why 8? I thought it just took 4, although more is better than less.