Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

There's always a weak link. Maybe it is good that the bumper is yours. Saves the frame.

Maybe I should find a wrecker push bumper like I showed to Jonathan?

If I'm parked in front of a low wall and can't see it when I hop in, I just don't think.

Maybe I need to install parking radar, or a front camera?

IDK.

If I do get a new bumper I'd like to install fog lights.

But I am going to look at that Powerstroke F-350 tomorrow.

We'll see how rotten it is. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That front bumper has been treated poorly. What are you going to do now?

As for the door pocket, the carpet will keep the tape measure quieter. And the estimate pad won't care about color.

I like the pocket.

You're right, my clipboard doesn't care if it's bordello red.

I like the pocket.

You're right, my clipboard doesn't care if it's bordello red.

I ordered a new bumper and a pair of 3kK LED fog lights.

I need to find the number for D44 HD U-joints and get those on hand.

Want to do the whole front end while the bumper is off (hopefully before the real cold hits.

I ordered a new bumper and a pair of 3kK LED fog lights.

I need to find the number for D44 HD U-joints and get those on hand.

Want to do the whole front end while the bumper is off (hopefully before the real cold hits.

I think I've come to the realization today that one of or several of the wheels on my truck are not round.

I've had them balanced a couple times, and the last time the guy told me that two of them had a bit of a wobble to them, so he put them on the passenger side. He didn't think that they were that bad, but best to put them away from me as much as possible at least.

Anyway, still getting some shaking at a very specific speed...or speeds. It's not the tires because I had them on my previous black soft-8 wheels, and they were quite smooth at that time.

Not a big deal at the moment, but it's something I need to rectify if I'm going to make this thing more enjoyable to drive, and drive long(er) distances.:nabble_smiley_grin:

I think I've come to the realization today that one of or several of the wheels on my truck are not round.

I've had them balanced a couple times, and the last time the guy told me that two of them had a bit of a wobble to them, so he put them on the passenger side. He didn't think that they were that bad, but best to put them away from me as much as possible at least.

Anyway, still getting some shaking at a very specific speed...or speeds. It's not the tires because I had them on my previous black soft-8 wheels, and they were quite smooth at that time.

Not a big deal at the moment, but it's something I need to rectify if I'm going to make this thing more enjoyable to drive, and drive long(er) distances.:nabble_smiley_grin:

I got the oil pump and pan on the new block and got everything taped off and painted. Somehow I hadn't noticed that the driver's side exhaust manifold had been replaced at some point. Amazing how much lighter the newer manifold is. Slowly but surely getting closer.

IMG_20191102_181852.jpg.8f910fcd079d92ee06790ff8870c5290.jpg

IMG_20191102_181856.jpg.c27e63320961cf0612e42e8635778305.jpg

IMG_20191102_181617.jpg.a5f8223e3712e9f998aaa50344f271a6.jpg

IMG_20191102_181649.jpg.44b999ac118c5614fc12e7c3fbc7d8b0.jpg

I got the oil pump and pan on the new block and got everything taped off and painted. Somehow I hadn't noticed that the driver's side exhaust manifold had been replaced at some point. Amazing how much lighter the newer manifold is. Slowly but surely getting closer.

Fords4life - Looks great! And that manifold is from a '93 or later engine.

Cory - What wheels do you think you'll replace them with?

Jim - Where will you mount the new lights? Pics, please!

Fords4life - Looks great! And that manifold is from a '93 or later engine.

Those of us lucky enough to be considered northern Floridians are in the midst of a cold snap (50 degrees, some cold snap :nabble_smiley_thinking:), so I am taking advantage of it and trying to button some things down. Yesterday I painted the radiator support, so today I put the front end back together and for now, tightened down the front clip. Probably won't have to pull it again until I stab an engine in the truck, so that's nice. Also did a little something extra, but I'll save that for my project thread.

Those of us lucky enough to be considered northern Floridians are in the midst of a cold snap (50 degrees, some cold snap :nabble_smiley_thinking:), so I am taking advantage of it and trying to button some things down. Yesterday I painted the radiator support, so today I put the front end back together and for now, tightened down the front clip. Probably won't have to pull it again until I stab an engine in the truck, so that's nice. Also did a little something extra, but I'll save that for my project thread.

I asked this in the project thread, but how are you going to install the engine w/the front clip on?

In either end of the new bumper.

In front of the Bricknose diagonal bumper brace.

(There has to be something to do with all the acreage of chrome up there. :nabble_smiley_thinking:)

You want pics of my crunched bumper??

The lights -for a '12 Explorer- are arriving Tuesday, the bumper Thursday.

I'll use a hole saw, as I don't want to vaporize the chrome with a plasma cutter, and run a switch and harness.

I don't think I need a relay for LED's.

Gary, that's a good question. I'm up and down on wheels all the time...bit of a moving target I guess.

I may go with the factory Bronco wheels (the 15x8 ones) if I can find 4 of them.

Otherwise, I might switch from the steel chrome to an aluminum set.

Right now, my main goal is to get the old truck driving a little better, so getting round wheels has moved further up the priority list.