Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Actually, with stock (pizza cutter) tires, sometimes letting it dig to solid ground is the answer.

And, definitely around here, you need to keep the tread from packing solid.

Otherwise you're on slicks, no matter your tread pattern.

The truck gets stuck on wet grass in 2WD, it's absolute crap in the snow without 4WD. Nothing has been really deep or has accumulated & frozen yet, it's mainly just slush on the main streets & packed on the sidestreets. But my mom's Altima needs tires, and so I'm going to need this truck as my backup even in just slop.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The truck gets stuck on wet grass in 2WD, it's absolute crap in the snow without 4WD. Nothing has been really deep or has accumulated & frozen yet, it's mainly just slush on the main streets & packed on the sidestreets. But my mom's Altima needs tires, and so I'm going to need this truck as my backup even in just slop.

Haven't had a chance to have Big Blue in snow. Hasn't really snowed since I got him. But I doubt he'll be all that good in 2wd given the 460, dual batteries, and winch up front.

That’s why I keep the Bronco. It does great in the snow and ice. Of course shorter wheelbase and has a LS rear axle.

Hopefully won’t see how the Xterra does, I could go without snow for awhile, actually forever! Got it for and from my son. He thinks it’s light, it still has the tires on it I bought him 50K ago. Wearing like iron, which usually means less traction.

That’s why I keep the Bronco. It does great in the snow and ice. Of course shorter wheelbase and has a LS rear axle.

Hopefully won’t see how the Xterra does, I could go without snow for awhile, actually forever! Got it for and from my son. He thinks it’s light, it still has the tires on it I bought him 50K ago. Wearing like iron, which usually means less traction.

Bought my truck a new group 65-2 battery on the way home last night.

Amazon delivered my ignition switch and split flange Friday.

And my door pocket came.

Annnnnd, of course it's raining ALL day today...:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I will swap out the battery and bring back the core but I'm not laying in the mud or on my back with the door open to change out the switch.

I also lost a piece of windshield trim yesterday.... probably because I was going too fast.

New lows in fuel mileage because WOT for the whole tank of gas.

22 mile commute. I back out of it once, to merge from one highway onto the other.

I've done this three days running.

Maybe David can keep his eyes peeled for an upper left Bricknose surround (if it's any different than Bullnose) the glass shape is the same.

Bought my truck a new group 65-2 battery on the way home last night.

Amazon delivered my ignition switch and split flange Friday.

And my door pocket came.

Annnnnd, of course it's raining ALL day today...:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I will swap out the battery and bring back the core but I'm not laying in the mud or on my back with the door open to change out the switch.

I also lost a piece of windshield trim yesterday.... probably because I was going too fast.

New lows in fuel mileage because WOT for the whole tank of gas.

22 mile commute. I back out of it once, to merge from one highway onto the other.

I've done this three days running.

Maybe David can keep his eyes peeled for an upper left Bricknose surround (if it's any different than Bullnose) the glass shape is the same.

WOT the whole time? Yipes!

The windshield surround is the same. Do you want new, used, or well used?

WOT the whole time? Yipes!

The windshield surround is the same. Do you want new, used, or well used?

Pretty much. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I keep the pedal down, but not pressed INTO the mat. :nabble_smiley_super:

Though I could only fit 17.2 gal into the rear tank, I was around 7 1/2 mpg.

Used or well used is probably a good fit for my hard working truck.

I may have an extra piece and it is yours for the shipping, but I can't get to it for at least a week.

Damn Jim, the only time Darth got that low was towing a 30 ft 5th wheel into a 35 mph head wind at right around 70 mph (trying to keep up with a German driving a big motorhome). Basically trying to drive 105 mph, I am pretty sure the secondaries on the 4180 were at least partially open.

I may have an extra piece and it is yours for the shipping, but I can't get to it for at least a week.

Gary, I'm in no rush.

Thank you for your kind and generous offer. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Bill, I think it is the roof rack that is slowing me down.

The truck has been clocked at 128, but *this* cam runs out of juice at 4500.

The needle is buried in the stop, and Google shows red around 80, reads '0' beyond 100.

If I ever have to put another engine in this, it's going to be a Comp XE 256 or something similar.

Gary, I'm in no rush.

Thank you for your kind and generous offer. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Bill, I think it is the roof rack that is slowing me down.

The truck has been clocked at 128, but *this* cam runs out of juice at 4500.

The needle is buried in the stop, and Google shows red around 80, reads '0' beyond 100.

If I ever have to put another engine in this, it's going to be a Comp XE 256 or something similar.

I took the old Blue Mule to work today! Only 3 degrees C outside this morning (37.4F)! I tell ya, what the old truck lacks in air conditioning, it makes up for it with the heater, and it's not even the HO heater! I can't imagine running it full blast. However, it was a little warmer in my garage (10C/50F)...but one of my lifters sure didn't like that cold temperature...it tapped for way longer than I'd like it to, but it did eventually quiet right down, and the truck purred like a kitten on the commute.

Sitting outside my office in the fog.:nabble_smiley_grin:

IMG_9062.jpg.8066fba3742413227837e302c241aa5a.jpg

IMG_9064.jpg.47f5907a373af3727d80c23c4301ad38.jpg

Going to try a little vacuum leak troubleshooting at work today (on my breaks, of course...lol).