Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Yeah, I don't get it either, but I got the truck to spin over and start, so I don't care WHY.

At some point during the Bullnose reign Ford took the NSS wiring and connected it to a switch that closes when the clutch pedal is bottomed.

You can't get the truck to crank without depressing the pedal.

It happens that the socket for this switch has the same spacing as a blade fuse, and since you're on your back looking up under the dash anyhow, a spare fuse is right there. :nabble_smiley_good:

The easiest way to diagnose a bad clutch switch is to jump it out.

So unplug the clutch switch and jam a 20A fuse in there, then see if it will turn over.

I need to leave early to go do some trim a few towns over, so I'll be digging around in the dark.

Long cranks because of the choke not setting haven't been doing my 5 year old battery any favors lately,

and I suspect I'm going to have to drop some $ on another Group 65 come payday anyhow.

No joy this morning.

I'm not getting power at c190 while the key is all the way forward.

I do have power in run and accy. so fuselink M is good.

I guess I need an ignition switch....

No biggie, but it will have to wait.

I'm off to work.

Pics later from WiFi.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No joy this morning.

I'm not getting power at c190 while the key is all the way forward.

I do have power in run and accy. so fuselink M is good.

I guess I need an ignition switch....

No biggie, but it will have to wait.

I'm off to work.

Pics later from WiFi.

Ok, now I understand. And if you aren't getting power at C190 there's not much else besides the ignition switch and a short bit of wire that it can be.

After several years of ownership, my old Bullnose finally holds windshield washer fluid, ANNNND sprays it on to the windshield as well!! :nabble_smiley_happy:

I scavenged this tank out of the 1985 4x4 that I scrapped and it was black inside and out! Took it apart to clean it and spent HOURS removing the old rusted out washer fluid pump. The problem is that the pumps rust and swell up in the plastic basically locking them in place. My truck had an incorrect tank in it, and somebody had cut the wires off it some time ago.

IMG_8995.jpg.1d4d058803308387c2d53aa1b3b29ae3.jpg

New pump, wiring pigtail, new washer fluid nozzle and hose.

After several years of ownership, my old Bullnose finally holds windshield washer fluid, ANNNND sprays it on to the windshield as well!! :nabble_smiley_happy:

I scavenged this tank out of the 1985 4x4 that I scrapped and it was black inside and out! Took it apart to clean it and spent HOURS removing the old rusted out washer fluid pump. The problem is that the pumps rust and swell up in the plastic basically locking them in place. My truck had an incorrect tank in it, and somebody had cut the wires off it some time ago.

New pump, wiring pigtail, new washer fluid nozzle and hose.

Looks great!! And, it sprays. On the windshield no less. :nabble_smiley_good: