Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Not today, but yesterday I grabbed my spare instrument cluster pieces to see if I can get an oil pressure gauge that will read some semblance of pressure (1992-96/7 clusters use the "gauge" as an oil pressure indicator) There is a resistor on the printed circuit that when the switch on the engine closes, makes the "gauge" read roughly 1/2 scale. Jumpering this resistor and installing an older oil pressure sender converts it to a gauge. The problem comes if the pointer sits beyond the 0 position (red line) when the key is on, engine off, then it may not really do anything.

What I did was take the loose gauges and connect the ignition and ground which is the initial condition before starting the engine. I then carefully removed the pointer and reinstalled it on the red 0 line. Grounding the signal post gives full scale to the high end red line. I will have to swap this one into my cluster possibly tomorrow as I have to go to Rejuvinix in Virginia Beach today for the 4th of 5 scheduled injections.

Scheduled injections?????

As for the gauge, I like your plan. Always nice to have a real gauge.

When's the new engine going in? Who's going to win this race? :nabble_anim_blbl:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, is it working? :nabble_smiley_good:

I haven't really touched my truck in a few weeks due to falling ill, but now that I'm feeling better I had an itch to get out and do something, so I pulled the whole front clip off so I can work on the new radiator bushings and also paint my core support. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, is it working? :nabble_smiley_good:

1st week was pretty good, second was so-so, 3rd not so good. This time they changed the location from the front outside to front inside and it feels better. Due to scheduling I don't go back for 2 weeks, apparently the celebration of a man who didn't know where he was going, didn't know where he was and misnamed the people he saw messed up the normal schedule, Friday the 18th was booked solid and since as long as it is not over 14 days, moved it back to October 25th.

1st week was pretty good, second was so-so, 3rd not so good. This time they changed the location from the front outside to front inside and it feels better. Due to scheduling I don't go back for 2 weeks, apparently the celebration of a man who didn't know where he was going, didn't know where he was and misnamed the people he saw messed up the normal schedule, Friday the 18th was booked solid and since as long as it is not over 14 days, moved it back to October 25th.

Shaun - An "itch" caused you to pull the whole front clip? Hope you don't get poison ivy! :nabble_smiley_scared:

Bill - Glad the new location for the shot is helping.

As for the guy that was lost in life, he's even lost in death. Two places claim to have his bones. :nabble_anim_confused:

Shaun - An "itch" caused you to pull the whole front clip? Hope you don't get poison ivy! :nabble_smiley_scared:

Bill - Glad the new location for the shot is helping.

As for the guy that was lost in life, he's even lost in death. Two places claim to have his bones. :nabble_anim_confused:

Haven't done much physical work on the truck, but the new motor did come in. She's so clean and purty! Also got new injectors ordered and was planning on ordering the transmission rebuild kit, but I forgot so it'll have to wait until Monday. Aside from that I should only have a couple little things left to order and the rest is finishing cleanup, paint the new motor, get the driveshaft rebuilt, and finish putting the front end back together. Depending on how fast the transmission parts get here, I'm hoping to have it back together in the next couple of weeks. It's a slow process when you only get one day a week to work on it.

Question on spark plugs....It looks like the '86 and '92 use the same Motorcraft plug, but the '92 uses a bigger gap. Since I'm running a '92 block, even with '86 upper manifolds and fuel delivery, I'm thinking I need to run the bigger gap. Thoughts?

New_Motor.jpg.657685b53f947f92930b9db4c71a252f.jpg

Haven't done much physical work on the truck, but the new motor did come in. She's so clean and purty! Also got new injectors ordered and was planning on ordering the transmission rebuild kit, but I forgot so it'll have to wait until Monday. Aside from that I should only have a couple little things left to order and the rest is finishing cleanup, paint the new motor, get the driveshaft rebuilt, and finish putting the front end back together. Depending on how fast the transmission parts get here, I'm hoping to have it back together in the next couple of weeks. It's a slow process when you only get one day a week to work on it.

Question on spark plugs....It looks like the '86 and '92 use the same Motorcraft plug, but the '92 uses a bigger gap. Since I'm running a '92 block, even with '86 upper manifolds and fuel delivery, I'm thinking I need to run the bigger gap. Thoughts?

Cool! What color are you going to paint it?

On the plugs, which ignition system will you run? If that will be the '86 ignition system then you use the recommended gap for it.

Cool! What color are you going to paint it?

On the plugs, which ignition system will you run? If that will be the '86 ignition system then you use the recommended gap for it.

I wasn't even thinking about that Gary. I'll be sticking with the '86 ignition for now as well. Everything is '86 except for the long block.

I'll be painting it Ford blue. Here's a shot of the factory valve covers I painted awhile back. I sanded down the raised Ford script before I clear coated them.

VC.thumb.jpg.dc267279a8061c4df55f6bc67ccf043d.jpg

I wasn't even thinking about that Gary. I'll be sticking with the '86 ignition for now as well. Everything is '86 except for the long block.

I'll be painting it Ford blue. Here's a shot of the factory valve covers I painted awhile back. I sanded down the raised Ford script before I clear coated them.

Beautiful!! Have you started a thread so we can follow your progress? I sure want to follow along.