Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Speaking of is/was water, any news on your troubles, Jim?

I just ran the rear tank dry on the way up to my brother's old house.

(When you have a pickup everybody's your friend on moving day)

I didn't get as many miles as I remember, but I'll have to see when I fill it up.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just ran the rear tank dry on the way up to my brother's old house.

(When you have a pickup everybody's your friend on moving day)

I didn't get as many miles as I remember, but I'll have to see when I fill it up.

If I remember correctly the RON for water is very high. Should have really helped your MPG. :nabble_smiley_evil:

If I remember correctly the RON for water is very high. Should have really helped your MPG. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Well you figure out the MON and get back to me with the details.

Toluene otoh has a RON of 121 and a MON of 107 making the pump rating R+M/2= 114

I'd gladly burn that if I had the compression and timing to take advantage! 😈

Well you figure out the MON and get back to me with the details.

Toluene otoh has a RON of 121 and a MON of 107 making the pump rating R+M/2= 114

I'd gladly burn that if I had the compression and timing to take advantage! 😈

I'll pass on determining MON. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll pass on determining MON. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Here's a truck related question for those who are more in tune with these trucks than I am......Trying to make a final decision on a motor and have come up with 3 options. A junkyard motor is not an option as I want to do this once and be done with it for a very very long time.

• Motorcraft Reman '92 302 Block +/- $3k out the door including the core I lose 3yr/unlimited warranty

• S&J Engines Reman '92 302 Block +/- $2300 out the door including the core I lose 7yr/100k warranty but coverages are reduced since it is a "self-install"

• S&J Engines Reman '86 302 Block +/- $1800 out the door 7yr/100k warranty

I'm torn because I'm going back in at stock power levels, but the '92 has the advantage of a roller cam and the better heads which would allow for an easy cam swap later and potentially more fuel with some tuning/computer changes. Trying to decide if it is worth the extra money. The Motorcraft reman also gives me a little piece of mind from a quality standpoint compared to the "aftermarket" reman. If only money didn't matter.....:nabble_anim_crazy::nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Here's a truck related question for those who are more in tune with these trucks than I am......Trying to make a final decision on a motor and have come up with 3 options. A junkyard motor is not an option as I want to do this once and be done with it for a very very long time.

• Motorcraft Reman '92 302 Block +/- $3k out the door including the core I lose 3yr/unlimited warranty

• S&J Engines Reman '92 302 Block +/- $2300 out the door including the core I lose 7yr/100k warranty but coverages are reduced since it is a "self-install"

• S&J Engines Reman '86 302 Block +/- $1800 out the door 7yr/100k warranty

I'm torn because I'm going back in at stock power levels, but the '92 has the advantage of a roller cam and the better heads which would allow for an easy cam swap later and potentially more fuel with some tuning/computer changes. Trying to decide if it is worth the extra money. The Motorcraft reman also gives me a little piece of mind from a quality standpoint compared to the "aftermarket" reman. If only money didn't matter.....:nabble_anim_crazy::nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

First, roller cam truck engines didn't come out until 1994 if I remember correctly. I went through this a few years ago on a 2005 Escape, after all was said and done, the Ford remanufactured engine ended up being the best deal due to the 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty that could be taken care of at any Ford Dealer.

First, roller cam truck engines didn't come out until 1994 if I remember correctly. I went through this a few years ago on a 2005 Escape, after all was said and done, the Ford remanufactured engine ended up being the best deal due to the 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty that could be taken care of at any Ford Dealer.

Yeah, I agree. It is enough work to get out/put in that I don't want to do it again so will opt for the better bet - Ford.

Ask Butch about his fun with a Jasper reman'd engine. Check his thread out here.

Yeah, I agree. It is enough work to get out/put in that I don't want to do it again so will opt for the better bet - Ford.

Ask Butch about his fun with a Jasper reman'd engine. Check his thread out here.

After all the research I've done, the '92-'96 block is definitely a roller cam for the truck motor. I will likely get the Motorcraft reman since it is still available.

I started putting the front suspension back on. Got both radius arm/i-beam assemblies in place. Of course it wouldn't be any fun if you didn't drop an i-beam on your Facebook in the process..... Fortunately it only caught my chin and no teeth. I'll be back at it tomorrow and should have the truck completely back together up front and on the ground tomorrow....I hope....

After all the research I've done, the '92-'96 block is definitely a roller cam for the truck motor. I will likely get the Motorcraft reman since it is still available.

I started putting the front suspension back on. Got both radius arm/i-beam assemblies in place. Of course it wouldn't be any fun if you didn't drop an i-beam on your Facebook in the process..... Fortunately it only caught my chin and no teeth. I'll be back at it tomorrow and should have the truck completely back together up front and on the ground tomorrow....I hope....

Ouch! Glad it missed the teeth. Skin grows back.

Hope things go well today. Will be watching for the report tonight.

Ouch! Glad it missed the teeth. Skin grows back.

Hope things go well today. Will be watching for the report tonight.

Painted the grill with rustoleum 2X gray, scored a nice ford center badge @ Upull,cleaned, and painted the headlight bezels,(after this picture was taken) cleaned the chrome the best I could, gonna have to be replaced but, good enuff for now. Realigned front bumper,etc. FWIW

NPD has complete replacement grill set for about $150 + S&H,etc

https://www.npdlink.com/1980-1996-ford-truck/body-exterior/grille/1980-1986

Also did a little preliminary bondo slinging, welding up holes where PO had something on the bedrails.....Also a little trick we used to do BFI (before fuel injection) did a top flip on the air cleaner, seems to improve power a little, did improve mileage about 10%, when you're getting 10 mpg, any increase is good.

flip.thumb.jpg.5ab9ef75264d96904a6ff7f2c8aac376.jpg

grill.thumb.jpg.aa17f4b0e828526f580e981b82d26348.jpg