Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I bought the black ones for $40.

Figured I'm going to SEM the entire interior when I have it out to change the dash pad anyhow.

I'll probably do the same as I have plans to paint my interior as well. The $40 isn't so bad...which is actually $55 for me (Plus shipping and tax, if ordered alone they'd still cost me more like $100 delivered). If I can make my old ones look reasonably well (at a glance), I'll be happy.

When I finally get around to ordering some other stuff maybe I'll get a set of the black armrests...won't seem so bad when combined with a larger order.:nabble_smiley_happy:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought the black ones for $40.

Figured I'm going to SEM the entire interior when I have it out to change the dash pad anyhow.

Black looks fine for now, with my Custom trim.

At least it looks $120 better than Canyon Red.....

Also, Shoe Goo (Goop, E6000) is your friend when gluing vinyl and a soft bond is desired.

Well, it was neither for nor to my truck, but for my mind: I put the subject back to WHYDTYTT. :nabble_anim_crazy: (Just kidding.)

Jim - I know what you mean about inert gas blowing in the wind. (Reminds me of Dylan) Just doesn't work very well. But flux should work fine. Let us know 'bout the welder.

Cory - My first thought was "I'd have put something heavy on it as the zip ties may leave grooves." But they didn't. And my way would have probably had the heavy piece glued to it. So well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Well, it was neither for nor to my truck, but for my mind: I put the subject back to WHYDTYTT. :nabble_anim_crazy: (Just kidding.)

Jim - I know what you mean about inert gas blowing in the wind. (Reminds me of Dylan) Just doesn't work very well. But flux should work fine. Let us know 'bout the welder.

Cory - My first thought was "I'd have put something heavy on it as the zip ties may leave grooves." But they didn't. And my way would have probably had the heavy piece glued to it. So well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Anyone have any experience with Remanufactured Engine companies? Hearing mixed reviews on Jasper, Can't find much on VEGE/ATK/Spartan(they seem to be separate brands, not sure if they are built in the same factory or not. There are a handful of other smaller companies out there too. Would love to take it to the machine shop, but it's going to be nearly double or more to get my motor rebuilt that way.

Anyone have any experience with Remanufactured Engine companies? Hearing mixed reviews on Jasper, Can't find much on VEGE/ATK/Spartan(they seem to be separate brands, not sure if they are built in the same factory or not. There are a handful of other smaller companies out there too. Would love to take it to the machine shop, but it's going to be nearly double or more to get my motor rebuilt that way.

I have a Promar reman longblock out of New Jersey.

Because I had it delivered to the garage across from my shop there was no up front core charge and the delivery was free.

I have used and abused that engine for over 11 years and it keeps going.

The RMS is starting to mark its territory, but it was the best $1600 I ever spent on my truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

I have a Promar reman longblock out of New Jersey.

Because I had it delivered to the garage across from my shop there was no up front core charge and the delivery was free.

I have used and abused that engine for over 11 years and it keeps going.

The RMS is starting to mark its territory, but it was the best $1600 I ever spent on my truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm lucky to have Titan engines in my backyard, so that I can source my reman from them, and have any issues solved locally. If you can find a similar situation, I would highly recommend that route.

I'm lucky to have Titan engines in my backyard, so that I can source my reman from them, and have any issues solved locally. If you can find a similar situation, I would highly recommend that route.

So, for this post WHYDTYTT is What Have You Done To Your Trailer Today. I loaded it for the show/swap meet. Boy that T-19 is heavy! Or I'm getting old. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Still have a few more things to load, but I'm getting there. Unfortunately the forecast is for scattered showers.

T-19_And_Engine_On_Trailer.thumb.jpg.506d2bb72a28cf4565071ca30dbf6f30.jpg

So, for this post WHYDTYTT is What Have You Done To Your Trailer Today. I loaded it for the show/swap meet. Boy that T-19 is heavy! Or I'm getting old. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Still have a few more things to load, but I'm getting there. Unfortunately the forecast is for scattered showers.

So while I was down visiting the family this weekend my brother pointed out that I had oil seeping out from behind the fuel pump. Not sure how I missed it, but he was correct - and I imagine it's been going on since I replaced the pump at the beginning of the year. Yesterday I picked up a Fel-Pro gasket (I remember not being impressed with the gasket that came with the pump, obviously I should have acted then) and today I put it on, using some of that fancy gasket sealer I recently discovered. I'll know soon enough how well it holds up, but for the moment it looks good.

Also tightened up my alternator belts a bit more to eliminate an intermittent squeak that has been bothering me for the last month or so. Topped off all the fluids I could get to, including the windshield washer fluid, checked the alternator output just for grins (14.2v), checked all lights, and filled the gas tank. As far as I can determine I am ready to hit the road west come Thursday morning.

And since I don't plan to drive the truck tomorrow, I've also got my official starting mileage recorded:

IMG_0783.jpg.7a7d0368026f30efc68d5ae1a59a7fd4.jpg

So while I was down visiting the family this weekend my brother pointed out that I had oil seeping out from behind the fuel pump. Not sure how I missed it, but he was correct - and I imagine it's been going on since I replaced the pump at the beginning of the year. Yesterday I picked up a Fel-Pro gasket (I remember not being impressed with the gasket that came with the pump, obviously I should have acted then) and today I put it on, using some of that fancy gasket sealer I recently discovered. I'll know soon enough how well it holds up, but for the moment it looks good.

Also tightened up my alternator belts a bit more to eliminate an intermittent squeak that has been bothering me for the last month or so. Topped off all the fluids I could get to, including the windshield washer fluid, checked the alternator output just for grins (14.2v), checked all lights, and filled the gas tank. As far as I can determine I am ready to hit the road west come Thursday morning.

And since I don't plan to drive the truck tomorrow, I've also got my official starting mileage recorded:

Haven't done much at all this summer with my truck but I did get around to changing the oil last weekend as well as degreasing the underside of oil pan and transmission. At the same time - I grabbed a sample of the very old oil that was in the engine and shipped it off to Blackstone Labs (first time I've done it with this vehicle). Their results seem to point towards a growing bearing problem - very high levels of lead, copper & tin. As well as aluminum/chrome & iron from pistons, rings & cylinders shafts (respectively). Oooph is all I can say! However, this oil sat in that engine for way too long.

Blackstone suggested pulling another sample in 1000 miles and see if the values are constant or increase/decrease. (Guess I'm going to have to drive it more often)

Not a fun prospect for me right now! But I'll have to learn how to fix that problem next! (After the carb rebuild and figuring out the cold weather starting issues).

oilreport.png.bab2efbd25c1aabab8c1966455c6a79d.png

Haven't done much at all this summer with my truck but I did get around to changing the oil last weekend as well as degreasing the underside of oil pan and transmission. At the same time - I grabbed a sample of the very old oil that was in the engine and shipped it off to Blackstone Labs (first time I've done it with this vehicle). Their results seem to point towards a growing bearing problem - very high levels of lead, copper & tin. As well as aluminum/chrome & iron from pistons, rings & cylinders shafts (respectively). Oooph is all I can say! However, this oil sat in that engine for way too long.

Blackstone suggested pulling another sample in 1000 miles and see if the values are constant or increase/decrease. (Guess I'm going to have to drive it more often)

Not a fun prospect for me right now! But I'll have to learn how to fix that problem next! (After the carb rebuild and figuring out the cold weather starting issues).

Matthew - Looks like you are ready! See you soon. Have a safe trip.

JMU - If the oil's been in a long long time then this may be a false alarm. I'd drive it some and then pull another sample as they suggested. And even if that shows above normal quantities of bearing material, if you aren't having a problem I don't think I'd worry about it.

Matthew - Looks like you are ready! See you soon. Have a safe trip.

JMU - If the oil's been in a long long time then this may be a false alarm. I'd drive it some and then pull another sample as they suggested. And even if that shows above normal quantities of bearing material, if you aren't having a problem I don't think I'd worry about it.

Matthew, I am looking forward to meeting you, and your truck!

Your truck is nearly a twin to mine, aside from the trim level. Mine is Ranger, with Explorer package, and had the exact same drivetrain when new.