Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Today was a fun filled day of truck-related activities:

This morning I put Dominic to work changing the oil for me. He did great, no leaks, plus he gets a merit badge item checked off for Scouts:

He also checked all the tires for me and put air in them - the spare was still at the proper 35psi, but the four on the ground were all around 30 each - hopefully I'll see a slight bump in my MPG heading to Oklahoma. He's done tires before, but now he knows how to use the air compressor as well - and yes, another checkoff for Scouts.

Got the official grandma seal of approval for the work I've done on the truck. She hasn't seen it since I started the last round of work in June, and was quite pleased with how the new seat and floor looked. She also quizzed me thoroughly on this truck show business, wanting to know if I'm certain this Gary fellow (if that's really his name...) is on the up and up, etc etc etc. She finally agreed that it all sounds pretty good, and now I'm under orders to take plenty of pictures of the show, since everyone there obviously has excellent taste in trucks. :nabble_smiley_good:

That's great! Tell him keep at it. I have a ton of Scout stuff, patches etc. If you want sometime, give me an email address and I'll send you pictures of my patch jacket, he will probably enjoy it too.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today was a fun filled day of truck-related activities:

This morning I put Dominic to work changing the oil for me. He did great, no leaks, plus he gets a merit badge item checked off for Scouts:

He also checked all the tires for me and put air in them - the spare was still at the proper 35psi, but the four on the ground were all around 30 each - hopefully I'll see a slight bump in my MPG heading to Oklahoma. He's done tires before, but now he knows how to use the air compressor as well - and yes, another checkoff for Scouts.

Got the official grandma seal of approval for the work I've done on the truck. She hasn't seen it since I started the last round of work in June, and was quite pleased with how the new seat and floor looked. She also quizzed me thoroughly on this truck show business, wanting to know if I'm certain this Gary fellow (if that's really his name...) is on the up and up, etc etc etc. She finally agreed that it all sounds pretty good, and now I'm under orders to take plenty of pictures of the show, since everyone there obviously has excellent taste in trucks. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hey, that's my name! (And if you don't believe me, check my sig.)

So, Grandma approves, with reservations. Sounds like she cares. :nabble_smiley_good:

And, good job with Dominic. Shame he can't come with you. But it looks like the truck is ready. Can't wait, Matthew!

So, Grandma approves, with reservations. Sounds like she cares. :nabble_smiley_good:

She is a most excellent grandmother. And, as she told me today, "I only have two grandchildren, and your mother is too old to give me any more so I have to be careful with the ones I have." Cue offended screeching from mom - but since we were all there today for her 73rd birthday...

IMG_0768.jpg.ebf98f17534dab9f7587cf2c3685f9bb.jpg

(That's grandma on the left)

And, good job with Dominic. Shame he can't come with you. But it looks like the truck is ready. Can't wait, Matthew!

I'm really looking forward to it - it's been a while since I've gotten to do a solo road trip. And while Dominic is coming along well on his automotive skills, he still lacks appreciation for classic iron - he'd be miserable at a truck show. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

She is a most excellent grandmother. And, as she told me today, "I only have two grandchildren, and your mother is too old to give me any more so I have to be careful with the ones I have." Cue offended screeching from mom - but since we were all there today for her 73rd birthday...

(That's grandma on the left)

I'm really looking forward to it - it's been a while since I've gotten to do a solo road trip. And while Dominic is coming along well on his automotive skills, he still lacks appreciation for classic iron - he'd be miserable at a truck show. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

So, your mother is basically the same age I am. (And that of another frequent poster on here, but I won't mention Bill's name. :nabble_smiley_cool:) Cool!

Anyway, I understand solo road trips. But, there's no one to keep you awake, so please be careful.

So, your mother is basically the same age I am. (And that of another frequent poster on here, but I won't mention Bill's name. :nabble_smiley_cool:) Cool!

Anyway, I understand solo road trips. But, there's no one to keep you awake, so please be careful.

Picked up wood pellets #2 today. Hoping to kickstart fall weather...

IMG_20190916_171008.jpg.618ace46d1307e927c45a9721999ea8d.jpg

Also spent a LOT of the day cleaning up the shop. It had gotten really bad but there's nothing like seeing everything back in its place....until the next time I use it and leave it scattered around.

Also spent a LOT of the day cleaning up the shop. It had gotten really bad but there's nothing like seeing everything back in its place....until the next time I use it and leave it scattered around.

That looks like a LOAD!

As for cleaning, I'm in the same boat. My shop is now acceptable, but it won't last as my alter ego will come in and trash it. :nabble_smiley_cry:

You know that by bringing home another ton of pellets you just guaranteed global warming will keep it in the '60's until January.....

Thanks for ruining my hopes for a white Christmas! 😖

You know that by bringing home another ton of pellets you just guaranteed global warming will keep it in the '60's until January.....

Thanks for ruining my hopes for a white Christmas! 😖

What have I done for my truck today?

Maybe this should be in tools, I'll move it if I should.

I went by Horror Fate and got my hooks on a little lunchbox flux core welder.

I need to weld up about 100' of guard rail from old stall bars, and much as I wanted to consolidate by getting a IGBT multi-process welder the $ just weren't coming together fast enough.

There's only 115V out there on the far side of the paddock, MIG in the wind is like.... and my stick skills are rusty for such thin tubing with poor fitups.

Dual voltage is nice and at $149.99 I could throw it away after the railing and it wouldn't sting too bad.

Needs a better ground clamp and tiny spools are expensive, but maybe I'll rig a way to rewind them.

Anyway, full report (with pics) when I find time to do this project.

For now too many gates to fix, leaks to seal and fences to paint.

What have I done for my truck today?

Maybe this should be in tools, I'll move it if I should.

I went by Horror Fate and got my hooks on a little lunchbox flux core welder.

I need to weld up about 100' of guard rail from old stall bars, and much as I wanted to consolidate by getting a IGBT multi-process welder the $ just weren't coming together fast enough.

There's only 115V out there on the far side of the paddock, MIG in the wind is like.... and my stick skills are rusty for such thin tubing with poor fitups.

Dual voltage is nice and at $149.99 I could throw it away after the railing and it wouldn't sting too bad.

Needs a better ground clamp and tiny spools are expensive, but maybe I'll rig a way to rewind them.

Anyway, full report (with pics) when I find time to do this project.

For now too many gates to fix, leaks to seal and fences to paint.

Has anybody ever tried to repair one of these Bullnose armrests/handles before? Mine was coming apart...passenger side much worse than the drivers side for some reason or another, but it was driving me crazy...annnnd I have nothing else to do with my truck still being in the body shop.

IMG_8679.jpg.13030353726082b914e29533cbf7014b.jpg

IMG_8680.jpg.7e06d0b176e2160e19fc3a76f3e91089.jpg

So I made some little angled pieces out of sheet metal, stuffed some construction adhesive into the handle, and squeezed it back together with zip ties. I only used construction adhesive because it was what I had on hand...it was a toss up between it and silicone adhesive. In hindsight, maybe the silicone would have been a better choice.

IMG_8682.jpg.83d991fc09c06878dea5e51f5fccf3e1.jpg

IMG_8681.jpg.b767058ff38205a06144bb73625dc307.jpg

It seems to have worked, although I have no idea for how long...lol. Maybe it will separate again in a week, I dunno.

IMG_8687.jpg.c75ec216626a49a3900d00a2cddec57f.jpg

IMG_8685.jpg.f6a9cad764c894153f0c7200f4fc83c8.jpg

Replacement (Blue) armrests are $160 USD a set from LMC (which is like $210 CDN for me, plus shipping, plus tax, etc). So, nothing to lose with stuffing the old ones full of glue...lol.

Has anybody ever tried to repair one of these Bullnose armrests/handles before? Mine was coming apart...passenger side much worse than the drivers side for some reason or another, but it was driving me crazy...annnnd I have nothing else to do with my truck still being in the body shop.

So I made some little angled pieces out of sheet metal, stuffed some construction adhesive into the handle, and squeezed it back together with zip ties. I only used construction adhesive because it was what I had on hand...it was a toss up between it and silicone adhesive. In hindsight, maybe the silicone would have been a better choice.

It seems to have worked, although I have no idea for how long...lol. Maybe it will separate again in a week, I dunno.

Replacement (Blue) armrests are $160 USD a set from LMC (which is like $210 CDN for me, plus shipping, plus tax, etc). So, nothing to lose with stuffing the old ones full of glue...lol.

I bought the black ones for $40.

Figured I'm going to SEM the entire interior when I have it out to change the dash pad anyhow.

Black looks fine for now, with my Custom trim.

At least it looks $120 better than Canyon Red.....

Also, Shoe Goo (Goop, E6000) is your friend when gluing vinyl and a soft bond is desired.