Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Ehh it's a truck.

The sad thing is I didn't realize how cracked the dash was until I pulled it. So replacing the dash with a junkyard unit is probably a futile effort.

It's a very thirsty truck that goes 127mph. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Yes I wouldn't expect to find a 'good' dash at the junkyard.

Anyway, the devil that you know is better than NOT knowing what you've just laid your hands on.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a very thirsty truck that goes 127mph. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Yes I wouldn't expect to find a 'good' dash at the junkyard.

Anyway, the devil that you know is better than NOT knowing what you've just laid your hands on.

That's why I keep my Ranger, I know every single nut and bolt on it after nearly ten years of ownership. When it does something quirky, I usually know why.

For truck engines, I would go 1994 or newer, the 1994 models had MAF/SEFI on automatics and roller cams on all.

Thanks! My thought is to put the '86 upper and lower manifolds on for now and maintain everything 86 aside from the long block. Then in time I'll be able to upgrade to the newer still EFI or convert to a aftermarket version.

So, why did the pedal casting break? Is something out of alignment?

The first time?

Can't really say. I was driving with my friend Bill, and pulling up to the intersection of my street.

The steering wheel fell into my lap.

So I passed it sideways and asked if he wanted to drive. 😲

He about "soiled" himself! 😂

It's okay, the steering wheel was still connected.

I've heard of the pivots going egg shaped when abused and ignored in dusty environments, like ranches.

The plastic bushings looked intact when I checked this evening. (Petzl headlamp ftw)

The first time?

Can't really say. I was driving with my friend Bill, and pulling up to the intersection of my street.

The steering wheel fell into my lap.

So I passed it sideways and asked if he wanted to drive. 😲

He about "soiled" himself! 😂

It's okay, the steering wheel was still connected.

I've heard of the pivots going egg shaped when abused and ignored in dusty environments, like ranches.

The plastic bushings looked intact when I checked this evening. (Petzl headlamp ftw)

The first time? How many times have there been? Something is wrong. Granted yours in an '87 with a different casting, but like Shaun I've never seen nor heard of one of those breaking in a Bullnose.

The first time? How many times have there been? Something is wrong. Granted yours in an '87 with a different casting, but like Shaun I've never seen nor heard of one of those breaking in a Bullnose.

What's wrong is I beat on my truck

And perhaps in my youth I used the wheel as a handle getting in.

I doubt that's the problem now but I'll have to wait for daylight to look closer.

What's wrong is I beat on my truck

And perhaps in my youth I used the wheel as a handle getting in.

I doubt that's the problem now but I'll have to wait for daylight to look closer.

Still nothing obvious, but with sneakers on I can feel the cracking/popping sound in my feet.

I think I need to check the exhaust.