Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I use these on my truck and Bronco. Usually find them AT Bi-Mart, maybe NAPA.

http://www.floridafreshner.com/accessory_detail.php?prd=1478#.XW09vBplChA

I forgot to take a photo, but all I have left is the to fuel fittings to the fuel rails, transmission crossmember, motor mounts, drop exhaust y-pipe, and reinstall block coolant plug and the motor and trans should be on its way out.

Almost there......

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot to take a photo, but all I have left is the to fuel fittings to the fuel rails, transmission crossmember, motor mounts, drop exhaust y-pipe, and reinstall block coolant plug and the motor and trans should be on its way out.

Almost there......

That's close. VERY close. When is it coming out?

Plan is to have it out this week and redo the leak down test so I can make a decision.... Certainly seems less expensive to buy a re-manufactured long block that it is to have mine re-built. At the same time it would be the perfect opportunity to upgrade....except I have EFI and emissions crud to deal with. I cannot afford to upgrade the EFI right now so my only thought is to put in a long block from a newer model with better heads so at least I have a little better start for something later if I decide to upgrade. Question is....which year/model long block would be best in stock form? I have plenty of research to do.

Plan is to have it out this week and redo the leak down test so I can make a decision.... Certainly seems less expensive to buy a re-manufactured long block that it is to have mine re-built. At the same time it would be the perfect opportunity to upgrade....except I have EFI and emissions crud to deal with. I cannot afford to upgrade the EFI right now so my only thought is to put in a long block from a newer model with better heads so at least I have a little better start for something later if I decide to upgrade. Question is....which year/model long block would be best in stock form? I have plenty of research to do.

For truck engines, I would go 1994 or newer, the 1994 models had MAF/SEFI on automatics and roller cams on all.

For truck engines, I would go 1994 or newer, the 1994 models had MAF/SEFI on automatics and roller cams on all.

WHTMTT?

What did happen to my truck today? :nabble_anim_confused:

I was driving at excessive speed, because some guy in a Gulia felt his heuvos were bigger than mine.

That's ok, I left him like a (insert your choice, but I won't say it here)

At first a thought it was the clutch being crunchy. Or maybe I had cracked the pedal support casting.... again.

Nope & nope.

But the dash is definitely crunching and creaking.

The stay to the right of the tranny tunnel is good at both ends, and my Bricknose dash doesn't have the end support problem of later trucks. (Besides, the dash doesn't seem to move if I push or pull on it)

Anyone seen this before?

I'll dig deeper tomorrow, but it's getting dark and nothing's immediately apparent.

WHTMTT?

What did happen to my truck today? :nabble_anim_confused:

I was driving at excessive speed, because some guy in a Gulia felt his heuvos were bigger than mine.

That's ok, I left him like a (insert your choice, but I won't say it here)

At first a thought it was the clutch being crunchy. Or maybe I had cracked the pedal support casting.... again.

Nope & nope.

But the dash is definitely crunching and creaking.

The stay to the right of the tranny tunnel is good at both ends, and my Bricknose dash doesn't have the end support problem of later trucks. (Besides, the dash doesn't seem to move if I push or pull on it)

Anyone seen this before?

I'll dig deeper tomorrow, but it's getting dark and nothing's immediately apparent.

The dash I pulled from my Bricknose cab was cracked in about twenty different places. Didn't see any damage that may have caused it other than just the dash flexing and cracking on it's own. Doesn't give me much hope for the integrity of the dash on the newer trucks.

The dash I pulled from my Bricknose cab was cracked in about twenty different places. Didn't see any damage that may have caused it other than just the dash flexing and cracking on it's own. Doesn't give me much hope for the integrity of the dash on the newer trucks.

I did weld it up before (a few years back when I did some body work and a backyard paint job.

It was a disaster around the fuse panel!

Maybe I need to gut the cab again.?!

Much easier with the seat out.

Arrgh.

I really don't have time for this right now.

I did weld it up before (a few years back when I did some body work and a backyard paint job.

It was a disaster around the fuse panel!

Maybe I need to gut the cab again.?!

Much easier with the seat out.

Arrgh.

I really don't have time for this right now.

Probably the only way you're gonna know for sure if it's the dash. But I would try and rule out everything else first.

I hear you! :nabble_smiley_hurt:

I really shouldn't beat on the old girl so much.

But she was born to run, and seems to like it still.

Ehh it's a truck.

The sad thing is I didn't realize how cracked the dash was until I pulled it. So replacing the dash with a junkyard unit is probably a futile effort.