Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Thanks for the offer Dave.

It can never hurt to share the inner workings.

Yup, I had welded the little bridge back in place long before the tear in the door happened.

Just came back again.

Constant vibration and wind buffeting from the mirror is what causes the door skin to crack

I wonder if it broke again?

From what I remember there is not much to this brace and to weld to both brace & doors IIRC.

With all the work I have put into this truck body work wise I hope it does not crack again.

Dave ----

What I find weird is that the drivers side is fine, and I must slam that door 3x as often as the passenger side.

Anyway I put some Lexcel on the crack, rivets and underneath the vent window gasket.

I'll have to be looking for a right side bricknose door with a solid bottom.

Can't buy 2E Light Canyon Red in Duplicolor anymore so I have to get it made up at Levine's

(God, I wish they were still on E Main next to Sergios)

Well, if you're not going to use it... I personally like the idea of a spare, particularly in Big Blue's case where you will be overlanding. In fact, if you use the stock 1985.5/86 location, you might be able to put a spare pre-flashed one right next to the active one so you would only need to pull the PCM fuse and swap over the 104 pin plug.

I like the idea of a spare as well, Bill. And, as you point out, especially when going to the back of beyond, which I plan to do. So, if you don't need it at the moment, I'd like to at least retain it until I get the truck going, at which point we can discuss where it goes from there. That way if it doesn't start on mine I can try yours.

As for the spare and location, I'm seriously considering placing it under the seat, as Ford did in '82. That'll save having to move the e-brake pedal, cut the firewall, etc. But it also means I have to lengthen 60 or so wires. So I'll have to wait to make that decision 'til I get there.

Well, if you're not going to use it... I personally like the idea of a spare, particularly in Big Blue's case where you will be overlanding. In fact, if you use the stock 1985.5/86 location, you might be able to put a spare pre-flashed one right next to the active one so you would only need to pull the PCM fuse and swap over the 104 pin plug.
I like the idea of a spare as well, Bill. And, as you point out, especially when going to the back of beyond, which I plan to do. So, if you don't need it at the moment, I'd like to at least retain it until I get the truck going, at which point we can discuss where it goes from there. That way if it doesn't start on mine I can try yours.As for the spare and location, I'm seriously considering placing it under the seat, as Ford did in '82. That'll save having to move the e-brake pedal, cut the firewall, etc. But it also means I have to lengthen 60 or so wires. So I'll have to wait to make that decision 'til I get there.
Finally the 72 F250 is back from the paint shop. Beautiful job

image1.jpeg.065c717da541b9aa9e9fc523beb6ce7b.jpeg

Am 28.08.2019 um 17:44 schrieb Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>:

Jochen - It is beautiful. I think. But, it is hard to tell as the pic is quite small. You can make it larger by adding the bold code to the code that produces the pic. Note that I left off the "" so the code shows rather than loading my pic.

nabble_img src="AC_System_Junk.jpg" border="0" width="100%"/

You may have to play with the percentage if your pic isn't of sufficient # of bits to support 100% on a big screen.

Anyway, glad to see that your friend's truck is making good progress, and that your truck is providing the motive power. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jochen - It is beautiful. I think. But, it is hard to tell as the pic is quite small. You can make it larger by adding the bold code to the code that produces the pic. Note that I left off the "" so the code shows rather than loading my pic.

nabble_img src="AC_System_Junk.jpg" border="0" width="100%"/

You may have to play with the percentage if your pic isn't of sufficient # of bits to support 100% on a big screen.

Anyway, glad to see that your friend's truck is making good progress, and that your truck is providing the motive power. :nabble_smiley_good:

Guess I'll start prepping both of my trucks and my house tonight. I'm where the red dot is. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

aa1ff627-2b5b-45df-b3ac-3eb077274b7d-2pm_cone_LI.jpg.ee1d5aeb1411b9ffb88c164f5ba50e85.jpg

Yikes!

A lot of variation in the storm paths, but we're good for at least 40mph winds. I've got a lot of unhealthy trees on the property behind mine that overhang where my truck is parked. If they drop branches, they hit my truck. My old truck received three decent sized dents from falling limbs. I really need to get a tree service out to knock down the risky limbs.

A lot of variation in the storm paths, but we're good for at least 40mph winds. I've got a lot of unhealthy trees on the property behind mine that overhang where my truck is parked. If they drop branches, they hit my truck. My old truck received three decent sized dents from falling limbs. I really need to get a tree service out to knock down the risky limbs.

Shaun - Hope you can pull the trucks out. But, better yet that you don't have any damage.

If the track goes to the south it'll get our son down in the West Palm area.

Shaun - Hope you can pull the trucks out. But, better yet that you don't have any damage.

If the track goes to the south it'll get our son down in the West Palm area.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna get everything situated this weekend. Luckily I'm off Monday so I can watch the damage unfold.

I'm really hoping it swings out to the east. But it's not looking likely as of right now.