Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

This (cheapest of) eBay wiper motors came with a thick neoprene gasket already installed.

Sorry I just showed a quick snap of it in place.

I've been pressed for time lately, and I had already documented R&R.

Ok thanks. I figured they had to but none of the photos show them from what I can tell and then I saw reference in your how to about a gasket but reading back over it now, you were talking about a different gasket.

Ok thanks. I figured they had to but none of the photos show them from what I can tell and then I saw reference in your how to about a gasket but reading back over it now, you were talking about a different gasket.

I think I mentioned replacing the hood to cowl seal, because it has to come off anyhow.

Matthew said he was following along, and his is especially atrocious.

So I figured I'd point it out.

I think I mentioned replacing the hood to cowl seal, because it has to come off anyhow.

Matthew said he was following along, and his is especially atrocious.

So I figured I'd point it out.

TIL that unopened RTV, like Twinkies, actually does have a shelf life. Also that my father is a lot less sympathetic in his old age:

IMG_0630.thumb.jpg.52fd3047256f5a42b316973598507a64.jpg

IMG_0633.thumb.png.9f3d1d326b188cc7f326df483f31bf40.png

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig::nabble_anim_claps:

Nothing major, but I took a wire wheel to my fenders to get rid of all the liquid nails somebody used to install the emblems. Gonna have to do some sanding and filling to fix that mess. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Also scraped up all of the factory sound deadening from the area below the seat. Luckily for me it's all a gooey mess at this point for whatever reason, and Goo-gone makes a goo out of the small amount that isn't gooey. Now all I have left is the drivers side and then I can work on laying down something else in it's place.

Nothing major, but I took a wire wheel to my fenders to get rid of all the liquid nails somebody used to install the emblems. Gonna have to do some sanding and filling to fix that mess. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Also scraped up all of the factory sound deadening from the area below the seat. Luckily for me it's all a gooey mess at this point for whatever reason, and Goo-gone makes a goo out of the small amount that isn't gooey. Now all I have left is the drivers side and then I can work on laying down something else in it's place.

Don't you love quick & dirty solutions that run into significant problems later. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Factory sound deadening below the seat? I don't think I've seen that. Any pics?

Don't you love quick & dirty solutions that run into significant problems later. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Factory sound deadening below the seat? I don't think I've seen that. Any pics?

Yea, and it's not even like it was a good solution, I pulled the emblems off by hand without breaking them. Typical :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: hacks. :nabble_smiley_argh:

I don't have any that really show the sound deadening well since the PO rolled bed liner over it. I'm guessing it's a bricknose and aeronose thing because I've never seen it on a bullnose. Here's a link to a thread on FullSizeBronco that shows the sound deadening. You can't miss it because it's always cracked up.

Yea, and it's not even like it was a good solution, I pulled the emblems off by hand without breaking them. Typical :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: hacks. :nabble_smiley_argh:

I don't have any that really show the sound deadening well since the PO rolled bed liner over it. I'm guessing it's a bricknose and aeronose thing because I've never seen it on a bullnose. Here's a link to a thread on FullSizeBronco that shows the sound deadening. You can't miss it because it's always cracked up.

I see what you mean. No, I've not seen that in a Bullnose. But, once Big Blue has his floors POR'd I'll be laying down some matting like that - all over the place.

I see what you mean. No, I've not seen that in a Bullnose. But, once Big Blue has his floors POR'd I'll be laying down some matting like that - all over the place.

I have Fat Mat sound deadening literally all over my Ranger. Two layers on the roof, two layers on the back wall, two layers on the floor, a layer on the outer door sheet metal, and a layer on the inner door sheet metal. I wouldn't suggest using that much, I only did it since I'm running a full audio setup in my truck and wanted no rattles from anything. I had good results so I'll probably use the same thing in my F350, albeit a lesser amount. Haha.

FatMat Rattle Trap

I've seen people use Peel and Seal from the hardware store, but I don't know how well that really works.

I have Fat Mat sound deadening literally all over my Ranger. Two layers on the roof, two layers on the back wall, two layers on the floor, a layer on the outer door sheet metal, and a layer on the inner door sheet metal. I wouldn't suggest using that much, I only did it since I'm running a full audio setup in my truck and wanted no rattles from anything. I had good results so I'll probably use the same thing in my F350, albeit a lesser amount. Haha.

FatMat Rattle Trap

I've seen people use Peel and Seal from the hardware store, but I don't know how well that really works.

So I warmed the truck up a bit today to try and do a leak down test. I am not sure the results are 100% correct, but I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the motor to do the re-seal and I'll do it again cold with the motor out. Rebuild or re-seal, it has to come out anyway. I didn't think about needing to hold the cylinder at TDC and I was doing it mostly by feel and watching the gauge for steady and the maximum reading on each cylinder. I was also having a hard time hearing any leakage with the compressor running. With limited time I was also only able to fight and get to 5 cylinders. Results are....

3 - 24%

4 - 27%

5 - 32%

6 - 35%

7 - 32.5%

I'll update when I have the motor out and do them all again....We shall see.

On another note. I think I might have an idea of what causes my random power loss issues when it's hot outside. When it's hot, the computer gets really hot to the point of not being able to keep my hand on it. I'm wondering if that is leading to the random power issues. When it isn't hot, truck runs fine. When it gets that hot, I have issues in the upper RPM range. Need to do a little more observation.....but with the timing cover leak that's not going to happen for a bit.