Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Started my truck for the first time in over a year.

Optima deep cycle battery held enough of a charge to fire the big six in three tries. Dad was stunned and I was grinning my butt off. Love this thing!

Work and a long commute have sidelined my flareside for a bit. I'm still hoping to take a road trip up the California coast once I get my brakes and AC sorted out. Best I could do today was treat my truck to a bath, new window regulator handles and a nostalgic vinyl steering wheel wrap.

I, too, did a fair piece of the CA coast in a Ford truck. But that was our '72 F250 w/a 9 1/2' self-contained camper on the back. Really enjoyed that trip.

Cory - Hope you get to do it!

Cory - Hope you get to do it!

Someday Gary, someday! Hopefully in 2020 when I have some more creature comforts in the truck like AC and CC...lol.

Hey, looks like you just hit the 2000th post in this thread!

Cool! I hadn't noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out. And it looks like it is our most viewed and most commented on thread. (Some folders, like the eBay & Craigslist Finds folder, are getting the most views, but they are folders with many threads in them.)

Cool! I hadn't noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out. And it looks like it is our most viewed and most commented on thread. (Some folders, like the eBay & Craigslist Finds folder, are getting the most views, but they are folders with many threads in them.)

Howdy Again Folks, Just got a call from the seller on the Edelbrock Performer 351W 4bbl intake manifold I've been eyeing. A $100.00 plus $43.00 for shipping and tax, and it's headed my way. Should see it in 3 or 4 days. Which means it's carburetor rebuilding time! I've got a couple of old Rochester Quadrajets buried in the garage I'm going to have to dig out and see if one of them can be resurrected. Just thought I would let y'all folks know what's happening with Moco.

Howdy Again Folks, Just got a call from the seller on the Edelbrock Performer 351W 4bbl intake manifold I've been eyeing. A $100.00 plus $43.00 for shipping and tax, and it's headed my way. Should see it in 3 or 4 days. Which means it's carburetor rebuilding time! I've got a couple of old Rochester Quadrajets buried in the garage I'm going to have to dig out and see if one of them can be resurrected. Just thought I would let y'all folks know what's happening with Moco.

I bought an interesting spread bore adapter/ 1" spacer from Transdapt.

IDK how big the secondaries in a Q-jet are but it seems like it was meant for this application.

I bought an interesting spread bore adapter/ 1" spacer from Transdapt.

IDK how big the secondaries in a Q-jet are but it seems like it was meant for this application.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you'll need the adapter unless the intake you are getting is for a spreadbore, and I don't think there is one.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see the Q-Jet on the Windsor. I put one on a 390 that made a huge difference on that engine.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you'll need the adapter unless the intake you are getting is for a spreadbore, and I don't think there is one.

Anyway, I'm anxious to see the Q-Jet on the Windsor. I put one on a 390 that made a huge difference on that engine.

Don't know a lot about all the different ones out there, but I think about an inch thick should work. I tried to edit my previous response and my fat fingers got in the way and deleted it, this little tablet is nice. But the screen buttons are kinda small. So sorry guys.

Don't know a lot about all the different ones out there, but I think about an inch thick should work. I tried to edit my previous response and my fat fingers got in the way and deleted it, this little tablet is nice. But the screen buttons are kinda small. So sorry guys.

I'm pretty sure that this is the one I used.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Trans-Dapt/969/2034/10002/-1

I'll try and go back through my purchase history, but not sure I can find it.

Otherwise, I'll have a look for the box