Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Well, reinstalled the motocraft 2bbl. Moco's sounding better, but it still has a hesitation or a slight miss. Throttles up nicely, but at idle she has a little shimmy. Could be plugs or cap and rotor. Most probably its because she sat in a barn for the past 4 1/2 years. I put 10 gallons of fresh gas on top of whatever old stuff was left in the front tank. The Guage read empty prior to giving her a drink. Will definately have to clean out both tanks in the near future and flush the lines. I did put an inline filter in addition to a new filter on the carb but I imagine there's plenty of trash in the system after sitting for so long.

I hope I'm not boring you folks to tears, but I do enjoy dinking around with this old truck. Hopefully in the not too distant future she will be willing to get out and about and back again.

Thanks to Gary's generosity I now have a lot of work cut out for myself.

IMG_20190820_053257.thumb.jpg.64fd433cee3535f29740975d62d2223d.jpg

Without shop air, and my chisel, this is going to suck, hard.:nabble_smiley_argh:

Thanks to Gary's generosity I now have a lot of work cut out for myself.

Without shop air, and my chisel, this is going to suck, hard.:nabble_smiley_argh:

Generousity? I had money show up in my Paypal account to cover the shackles and shipping.

Anyway, glad you can use them. But hope it goes easier than you think it will. :nabble_smiley_good:

Generousity? I had money show up in my Paypal account to cover the shackles and shipping.

Anyway, glad you can use them. But hope it goes easier than you think it will. :nabble_smiley_good:

Today's project is to get these things all cleaned up and seals changed. There's quite a bit of rust in the corners and around the edges, so that is priority, but any tips or tricks for the seal installs? Do they just pop in place?...is it just that simple? Un-do the hinge on the top, the spring on the bottom, and lift the glass out?

IMG_8333.jpg.c4e99b7136f6d16533e187c6053f4070.jpg

Today's project is to get these things all cleaned up and seals changed. There's quite a bit of rust in the corners and around the edges, so that is priority, but any tips or tricks for the seal installs? Do they just pop in place?...is it just that simple? Un-do the hinge on the top, the spring on the bottom, and lift the glass out?

Cory - I don't remember having to take the glass out/off. And, I remember Cash breaking his and writing a how-to: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/vent-windows.html.

As for what I did to my truck, the UPS guy delivered this today, but I'm at a loss how to use it. I know it says "6=8", but am I supposed to saw two cylinders off that 460?

Clifford_Intake.thumb.jpg.d4c16e80748682b11eb4affd913338b5.jpg

And there are some sort of adaptors, but I can't get my Carterbrocks to fit. What gives?

Clifford_Carb_Adaptor_PN.thumb.jpg.4690cfe6fecbdfe778f92d23848ca5e0.jpg

Cory - I don't remember having to take the glass out/off. And, I remember Cash breaking his and writing a how-to: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/vent-windows.html.

As for what I did to my truck, the UPS guy delivered this today, but I'm at a loss how to use it. I know it says "6=8", but am I supposed to saw two cylinders off that 460?

And there are some sort of adaptors, but I can't get my Carterbrocks to fit. What gives?

Who's this for? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Try a Weber? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Hmmm? According to this link, the adapter may be more useful than initially thought!

https://picclick.com/Clifford-Intake-Manifold-2-Barrel-Carburetor-Adapter-08-1013-322699502155.html

I've asked permission from the owner to cut open the plastic bag that the adapter is in, but to this point I don't have it. But, it looks like the VV I have will fit, and it does so will a 2150. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So who has a 6cyl truck? Obviously won't fit your antique Stovebolt. Looks like that adapters are for 2 barrel carbs.