Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Not sure, I haven't looked into it that far yet, but the Bullnose motor has one connector, and the Bricknose has two. I think the bricknose harness has more wires than the bullnose and that's what I need to look into.

Shaun,

In looking for a motor, it seems that in '88-'94 they used a single 5 pin connector.

Once again, I'm stuck with the one year wonder! 😖

Shaun,

In looking for a motor, it seems that in '88-'94 they used a single 5 pin connector.

Once again, I'm stuck with the one year wonder! 😖

I thought that too, but my 90 came with a two connector motor. So either it's been replaced, or the online info is wrong.

The 86 EVTM says Red, Black/Pink, Dark Blue/Orange, and White. I couldn't find the 87 EVTM you mentioned to compare.

I thought that too, but my 90 came with a two connector motor. So either it's been replaced, or the online info is wrong.

The 86 EVTM says Red, Black/Pink, Dark Blue/Orange, and White. I couldn't find the 87 EVTM you mentioned to compare.

Hmmm.

I thought Bill donated a Bricknose EVTM.

I'll dig mine out and post, when I get off work today.

Hmmm.

I thought Bill donated a Bricknose EVTM.

I'll dig mine out and post, when I get off work today.

I checked the Electrical Wiring Diagrams tab, as well as the EVTM tab and all I found were 81, 85, and 86.

I would appreciate it.

Well done, Jim! Good writeup on the wiper linkage, motor, bushings, etc. :nabble_smiley_good:And, obviously you did a good job on the timing cover and front main. No leaks. I'm sure looking forward to that on Big Blue.Also, you are right, it was Matthew not Cory that had the driveshaft fall out under his truck. :nabble_smiley_blush:
Gary, ref to your question about speed: I am driving the truck at 55 to 60 mph on the truck lane, easy going. Today we have been to a huge classic cars event close by. Hundreds of old cars, mainly European from the early 1920/30s to the 80/90s. Wonderful cars and also lots of personal memories. 

With the truck we were priviledged to park in the „American Sector“ next to the show cars. I think I have seen approximately 50 to 60 beautiful Porsche 911 but only 3 or 4 pick trucks. 

The versatility of my truck is what I really love. Friday I tow another truck (you were right it is from 72), Saturday I move my son and Sunday I am on a show. What a great weekend. Have a nice week

image1.jpeg.bc88e641885cfbe921b96477bc3a18da.jpeg

Am 04.08.2019 um 13:48 schrieb Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>:

Well done, Jim! Good writeup on the wiper linkage, motor, bushings, etc. :nabble_smiley_good:

Seconded. I'll be referencing that post when I do my own wiper work in the nearish future.

Also, you are right, it was Matthew not Cory that had the driveshaft fall out under his truck. :nabble_smiley_blush:

LOL. And yes, it's a mystery what happened there...I'm sure it had nothing to do with the wrenches, breaker bar, PB Blaster, prybar, or hammer. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Jochen - That sounds like a show I'd have loved to have gone to. Do you have any pics of the other American vehicles? We were at Neuschwanstein Castle a few years ago and saw several in the car park as we were leaving. If I remember correctly that included a 1968 Dodge Charger. I'll try to dig that pic up.

As for a pickup, they are ever so handy! And the later ones, like my 2015 Super Cab are good as a people mover as well as hauling or towing things.

Shaun/Jim - Bill donated the '86 EVTM, but I do have an '87 and a '96 out in the shop. If you've not figured out the wiring for the later wiper motor when I get home around 6 I'll go look. Or tomorrow?

Matthew - That sounds a little more involved that it appeared. I've not had to use PB Blaster on U-joint nuts, but I have had to use a pry bar to get things to move a bit.

Matthew - That sounds a little more involved that it appeared. I've not had to use PB Blaster on U-joint nuts, but I have had to use a pry bar to get things to move a bit.

As I mentioned on my thread, I still have scars from the last time I was involved with U-joints, as a kid helping dad do them on my mom's '67 LeSabre. So I've been soaking the joints in PB Blaster for a week, and I had a whole pile of tools under there with me to get them off. Either the PB Blaster is a miracle worker, or it was all overkill from the beginning; it really was easy. In fact, it's still going smoothly - this has (so far) been one of the easier things I've done to the truck.

As I mentioned on my thread, I still have scars from the last time I was involved with U-joints, as a kid helping dad do them on my mom's '67 LeSabre. So I've been soaking the joints in PB Blaster for a week, and I had a whole pile of tools under there with me to get them off. Either the PB Blaster is a miracle worker, or it was all overkill from the beginning; it really was easy. In fact, it's still going smoothly - this has (so far) been one of the easier things I've done to the truck.

Gary, if you have a chance, I would appreciate it. No rush though.

In other news, the passenger side of my cab has a pretty substantial leak on the floorboard, that seems to be coming from directly above as there is no sign of water flowing from around the puddle. So I decided to throw in my new door seals to see if that was the issue since the old ones were definitely done for.

That of course was only a small win, as the door doesn't shut very well with the new seals. I have to slam the door to get it to close. I will let it sit overnight and see if that helps, and then if not I guess I will have to adjust the door. And hopefully either way, it has stopped the leak.

Gary, if you have a chance, I would appreciate it. No rush though.

In other news, the passenger side of my cab has a pretty substantial leak on the floorboard, that seems to be coming from directly above as there is no sign of water flowing from around the puddle. So I decided to throw in my new door seals to see if that was the issue since the old ones were definitely done for.

That of course was only a small win, as the door doesn't shut very well with the new seals. I have to slam the door to get it to close. I will let it sit overnight and see if that helps, and then if not I guess I will have to adjust the door. And hopefully either way, it has stopped the leak.

Shaun,

Here are the washer/wiper pages from my '87 EVTM.

IMG_20190804_174845.thumb.jpg.cf31f2d5bcea39fc6517e97784dbf6f4.jpg

IMG_20190804_174852.thumb.jpg.1409c6c5eed30f7f2d2c74090cef55af.jpg

IMG_20190804_174906.jpg.9a411f0dd5e3b123210f0e31831f7fcc.jpg

IMG_20190804_174913.jpg.27afda52d4df316a3d96a38498792c15.jpg

IMG_20190804_174924.jpg.63558cf49914a7c10fe45368d410f504.jpg

Hope this helps. :nabble_smiley_good: