Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I keep my pliers drawer pretty neat...

Everything has it's place, and I keep it that way. I'd like a little more space sometimes, but having a small space forces one to minimize and keep things neat and tidy.:nabble_smiley_happy:

Still rockin' my Craftsman socket set purchased back in 1995. Metric on the left, standard on the right. Man they are great tools.

And, as fussy as I am with organizing the tools, I'm not so fussy about matching colors and whatnot...lol. The top box is 25 years old, but the bottom is maybe only 5.

Cory - I don't know anything about the 8.8. Don't have anything on the website re their specs, and haven't worked on them. Sorry.

As for organization, I have dividers for the pliers and little holders for the end wrenches and sockets. But I'm not going to tout my organization.

Cory - The sign by the thermostat behind your tool box. I thought it was going to say 'And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"'. Guess not. What's the story on it?

Cory - I don't know anything about the 8.8. Don't have anything on the website re their specs, and haven't worked on them. Sorry.As for organization, I have dividers for the pliers and little holders for the end wrenches and sockets. But I'm not going to tout my organization.Cory - The sign by the thermostat behind your tool box. I thought it was going to say 'And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"'. Guess not. What's the story on it?
Thanks Gary, indeed you don‘t see that a lot in Germany. My truck does well currently after changing the intake manifold gasket and everything from distributor to the sparks. Currently on my way back from the Netherlands and my son is driving. He is moving to study in NL. The truck is really working good and hard for us. Don‘t know the exact year of my buddies truck but it is from the 70‘s

Am 03.08.2019 um 14:03 schrieb Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>:

I keep my pliers drawer pretty neat...

Everything has it's place, and I keep it that way. I'd like a little more space sometimes, but having a small space forces one to minimize and keep things neat and tidy.:nabble_smiley_happy:

Still rockin' my Craftsman socket set purchased back in 1995. Metric on the left, standard on the right. Man they are great tools.

And, as fussy as I am with organizing the tools, I'm not so fussy about matching colors and whatnot...lol. The top box is 25 years old, but the bottom is maybe only 5.

The old school barber shop I go to has that same hippie sign on the wall! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

While technically it's not 'today' (except for you left coasters) is was in the last 24 hours, soooo

Safety third!

The last of it.

THIS was to be the bane of my morning..

What does it take to snap a 9/16 grade 8 like a pretzel stick?

Put it on real wet so it soaks in.

Then a little top coat..

And voila! :nabble_anim_jump:

I adjusted the toe in on the passenger side of my truck yesterday as it has had too much after replacing the drag link recently. I went too far at first but corrected it after the test ride. It now drives and stops strait as an arrow. Soon to be done is hooking up my rear tank as my tank switch valve still works and would like to take advantage of the extra capacity when I can get my fuel at a good price. Some time down the road I will need to replace my swing arm bushings as well as they are starting to show their age.

Jochen - It isn't far to the frontier, but where in the Netherlands is he going? And what is he going to study?Anyway, glad the truck is doing so well. Very good to see the Ford trucks being appreciated elsewhere. :nabble_smiley_good:
Gary, my son is going to Breda. We did about 180 miles today in a round trip from home

Am 03.08.2019 um 16:25 schrieb Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>:

I adjusted the toe in on the passenger side of my truck yesterday as it has had too much after replacing the drag link recently. I went too far at first but corrected it after the test ride. It now drives and stops strait as an arrow. Soon to be done is hooking up my rear tank as my tank switch valve still works and would like to take advantage of the extra capacity when I can get my fuel at a good price. Some time down the road I will need to replace my swing arm bushings as well as they are starting to show their age.

Found this under my truck today:

EA6A0F67-73CD-4AEA-8452-55EC2880CAE9.jpeg.35970a863394e82b0b2d84bb9da5fb68.jpeg

Came out a whole lot easier than expected, too.