Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Gaining speed like a bobsled run?

Maybe I'll just bail before I get to the bottom.

Yes, like a bobsled run. "Old age ain't for sissies" is the truth.

But, it is the only game in town, and it is still FUN! So I'd stay in the game right to the end were I you.

But, it is the only game in town, and it is still FUN! So I'd stay in the game right to the end were I you.

If you believe my grandmother, it stops being fun after about 98 or so. She's turning 104 in September and she'll tell you that even though old age sucks, it still beats the alternative.

Thankfully I didn't see anything that bad.

My phone is dead and charging, so pics tomorrow...

Prime Next Day Air got my hoses to me this afternoon :nabble_anim_jump:, so she's all full of fresh coolant and ready to fire up. :nabble_smiley_good:

I called it quits on getting the sleeve out of the spring eye.

Tomorrow is a fresh day, and ill just cut it with a sawzall and fold it in with a punch or chisel.

The rusty metal primer should be dry.

I'll give it a quick shot of satin black and bolt the perch in.

Getting the new bushing in is always a xxxxx, with me usually breaking numerous grade 8 bolts to get it pulled into place.

Any tips???? :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Ok. More pics of yesterday's festivities.

Rotten spring hanger.

IMG_20190730_195730.thumb.jpg.c7a22d934583d24395e433007bb6e2f8.jpg

IMG_20190730_195734.thumb.jpg.1cbbaeebda38b2fc9e6fa13bcf15336f.jpg

IMG_20190730_164404.thumb.jpg.c0f384cc9d22890258ca0e5965a1fc19.jpg

Glass pliers are handy for those little spring hose clamps.

IMG_20190730_163540.jpg.95553cb154f145c88277867fd08dbe88.jpg

A liberal extension is the only way to get at the fuel pump if you don't have a 9/16" shallow swivel socket.

Note: I'm using TWO sockets. DAMHIK to do this, just file it away for later.....

IMG_20190730_182252.thumb.jpg.aa8eb1603a68a3e804f8e77403da38c2.jpgAlmost done! Amazon to the hose rescue!

IMG_20190730_185232.thumb.jpg.a4240ffa490a6474ab92054a67c849c1.jpg

For Shaun, a pic of my 3/8 metric drawer. :)

IMG_20190730_185350.thumb.jpg.9f93958a23475dc2803045969d42790b.jpg

Screwdrivers are easy. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Slotted from the right, Phillips handles on the left.

Rotten spring hanger.

A liberal extension is the only way to get at the fuel pump if you don't have a 9/16" shallow swivel socket.

Note: I'm using TWO sockets. DAMHIK to do this, just file it away for later.....

Almost done! Amazon to the hose rescue!

****** GONE, OUT WITH THE TRASH!*******

Did someone say they wanted a hose spring?

I now have two spares, that are going out with the old hoses if no one speaks up.

IMG_20190731_060815.thumb.jpg.d4b699f6b2a25a5d1f5db1f173cbb131.jpg

Email me your street address and I'll put them in a flat rate box.

PayPal or Venmo me the cost of shipping when they show up.

Rotten spring hanger.

IMG_20190730_195730.jpg

Haha...I thought mine was bad, and that was with the hole gone slightly egg shaped. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I'd say you got your moneys/miles worth out of that one.

I installed all new Dorman hangers and they seem to be decent. They fit well and everything lined up and worked OK>

Rotten spring hanger.

Almost done! Amazon to the hose rescue!

Matthew - It is certainly better than the alternative. As for when it quits being fun, I'll take 98. That gives me over another quarter century. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - Good progress!

As for the swivel sockets, I have them, but I also have extensions with balls on the ends that swivel pretty well. So they get more use than the swivel sockets.

And your theory on screw drivers is similar to mine - slotted from left and Phillips from right. But I have fewer of them and an organizer rack in there, to it appears to have some semblance of order. There really isn't any, but there is that appearance.

Matthew - It is certainly better than the alternative. As for when it quits being fun, I'll take 98. That gives me over another quarter century. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - Good progress!

As for the swivel sockets, I have them, but I also have extensions with balls on the ends that swivel pretty well. So they get more use than the swivel sockets.

And your theory on screw drivers is similar to mine - slotted from left and Phillips from right. But I have fewer of them and an organizer rack in there, to it appears to have some semblance of order. There really isn't any, but there is that appearance.

I said to Shaun "You Will Know Chaos"

Cory, that's nothing. *shrug

The other side came completely off and the spring was riding on the bed!

I said to Shaun "You Will Know Chaos"

Cory, that's nothing. *shrug

The other side came completely off and the spring was riding on the bed!

I only have enough screwdrivers to work on my trucks and the house. You guys have enough screwdrivers to disassemble either a nuclear warhead, or the world's smallest pair of glasses.

As for old age, my experience working in a largely geriatric hospital has changed my viewpoint on growing old. My paternal grandfather suffered a series of strokes before he passed away. With each one his functioning became worse, to the point where he couldn't work or get on his tractors anymore. That is what ended up killing him. Not being able to do what he love shut that tough old man down and he passed away a few days later. My grandpa and I are very alike, and I no doubt will feel the same way if that time comes. I'm way too independent minded to have somebody take care of me.

I only have enough screwdrivers to work on my trucks and the house. You guys have enough screwdrivers to disassemble either a nuclear warhead, or the world's smallest pair of glasses.

As for old age, my experience working in a largely geriatric hospital has changed my viewpoint on growing old. My paternal grandfather suffered a series of strokes before he passed away. With each one his functioning became worse, to the point where he couldn't work or get on his tractors anymore. That is what ended up killing him. Not being able to do what he love shut that tough old man down and he passed away a few days later. My grandpa and I are very alike, and I no doubt will feel the same way if that time comes. I'm way too independent minded to have somebody take care of me.

The real question is...how many Robertson screwdrivers do you guys have?...lol.

The real question is...how many Robertson screwdrivers do you guys have?...lol.

Heading out to the junkyard as soon as they open to see if my F350 parts truck still has the hood since I can't remember. If it's in usable shape, I'll probably bring it home.