Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

These aren't poly bushings, they're metal sleeved rubber bushings.

I have to get the metal sleeve into the spring eye.

I think a little judicious rust removal with a drum sander and some EP grease will help.

BTW, you'd be proud of me.... using white lithium grease on my timing case and water pump bolts. 😈

There is little pressure, no motion, and they don't need to go in and out often.

Even with the corrosion in the ports I pictured, the shanks were perfect! :nabble_smiley_wink:

You better get on a bolt set for Big Blue's engine.....

Ahhh! Yes, the drum sander and grease should help.

As for the timing case cover and bolts, no anti-seize? :nabble_anim_blbl:

Yes, I do need to "get on" the bolts for Big Blue. But I need to order the Sky Offroad RSK & shocks as well. And I need to order the new wheel bearings, seals, & races. So there are lots and lots of things I need to get on. But BB will still not be in the same league, cost-wise, as some of the new trucks. However, doing it with something I've built instead of bought is more fun. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ahhh! Yes, the drum sander and grease should help.

As for the timing case cover and bolts, no anti-seize? :nabble_anim_blbl:

Yes, I do need to "get on" the bolts for Big Blue. But I need to order the Sky Offroad RSK & shocks as well. And I need to order the new wheel bearings, seals, & races. So there are lots and lots of things I need to get on. But BB will still not be in the same league, cost-wise, as some of the new trucks. However, doing it with something I've built instead of bought is more fun. :nabble_smiley_wink:

No antiseize, none of that nasty black paste for me! :nabble_anim_blbl:

Loctite PST on all threads, and some nice -clean- white lith on the shanks.

The proof is in the pudding! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

"Built, not bought!" It's a meme these days.

Get a bumper sticker for that boom crane you're going to hang your spare wheel on. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

419VhXehC4L.jpg.d38ad5b8835ca777220ebb9749ee1aaa.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/NI672-Bought-5-5-Inches-Premium-Quality/dp/B01N5XBVDY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1S17RPRVP0MC0AXPH8P2

Get a bumper sticker for that boom crane you're going to hang your spare wheel on. :nabble_:

As for the spare tire, the 32's on BB are at the limits of my capabilities. And in 10 more years? Maybe I should design in a winch arrangement to allow the boom to tilt. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I shudder to think how heavy those 35's are for the Tremor.

Get a bumper sticker for that boom crane you're going to hang your spare wheel on. :nabble_:

As for the spare tire, the 32's on BB are at the limits of my capabilities. And in 10 more years? Maybe I should design in a winch arrangement to allow the boom to tilt. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I shudder to think how heavy those 35's are for the Tremor.

Probably not bad.

Carcasses are a lot lighter these days, and I'm sure they're P rated, not E like mine.

Probably not bad.

Carcasses are a lot lighter these days, and I'm sure they're P rated, not E like mine.

The 35's on my Ranger are E-rated. They aren't terrible to mount, but I couldn't imagine being at an advanced age and trying to lift them.

The 35's on my Ranger are E-rated. They aren't terrible to mount, but I couldn't imagine being at an advanced age and trying to lift them.

I wouldn't really want to lift them now!

I have a nice hole in the wall tire shop in Stamford.

I tip them well and offer a beverage when I run across the street to the coffee shop.

I get great service and they get (probably) their best natured customer all week.

Win, win!

And, what is "an advanced age"? Might that include 72 and above? :nabble_smiley_sad:

Big Blue's P285/75R Cooper Discoverer Maxx ST's are E rated and weigh 62 lbs, not including the wheel.

And, what is "an advanced age"? Might that include 72 and above? :nabble_smiley_sad:

Big Blue's P285/75R Cooper Discoverer Maxx ST's are E rated and weigh 62 lbs, not including the wheel.

At the rate I'm going with how I feel, between all the wrenching on trucks and rounding up cattle, advanced age could be considered 30.

At the rate I'm going with how I feel, between all the wrenching on trucks and rounding up cattle, advanced age could be considered 30.

You ain't seen nuttin yet. I used to hear that the top of the hill is 40 and it is all down hill after that. I don't believe it. The top may be more like 50 or later. But, there's a dramatic downhill section at about 70. :nabble_smiley_argh:

You ain't seen nuttin yet. I used to hear that the top of the hill is 40 and it is all down hill after that. I don't believe it. The top may be more like 50 or later. But, there's a dramatic downhill section at about 70. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Gaining speed like a bobsled run?

Maybe I'll just bail before I get to the bottom.