Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Even for $20 you got a steal! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

I definitely did. I guess it helps that I'm always picking random stuff that they can't pull up on their pricing menu since none of it is ever listed. I forgot to mention the PanaVise metal mobile electronics pedestal mount that I found in the parts truck, It retails for $30. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Before I know it this F350 is going to have most of the same options that my F150 did. I can already see myself jumping down the rabbit hole once again. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Even for $20 you got a steal! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

I definitely did. I guess it helps that I'm always picking random stuff that they can't pull up on their pricing menu since none of it is ever listed. I forgot to mention the PanaVise metal mobile electronics pedestal mount that I found in the parts truck, It retails for $30. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Before I know it this F350 is going to have most of the same options that my F150 did. I can already see myself jumping down the rabbit hole once again. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I’ve mentioned before that my grandfather bought my truck new in early 1980. Assuming we were on our usual vacation schedule that year, I saw the truck for the first time in June. Even as a 10 year old, I remember thinking it was very strange for a brand new vehicle to have wires hanging out from underneath the dashboard:

26D2C654-AEC1-49AE-9303-ACD2417EDE2F.jpeg.b82199c0b7d89b796b0682ec9901bf1b.jpeg

Well, today I got out a zip tie and tucked that wire back up where it belongs. You can’t rush these critical repairs. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I’ve mentioned before that my grandfather bought my truck new in early 1980. Assuming we were on our usual vacation schedule that year, I saw the truck for the first time in June. Even as a 10 year old, I remember thinking it was very strange for a brand new vehicle to have wires hanging out from underneath the dashboard:

Well, today I got out a zip tie and tucked that wire back up where it belongs. You can’t rush these critical repairs. :nabble_smiley_happy:

LOL! Zip ties were few and far between in the 80's. I know 'cause I was hording them. Glad you finally found one. :nabble_smiley_good:

LOL! Zip ties were few and far between in the 80's. I know 'cause I was hording them. Glad you finally found one. :nabble_smiley_good:

Today I made a speaker wiring harness since my truck was originally a mono speaker and my new cab is dual speaker. I used the connectors from both the mono speaker (same between mono and dual) as well as the connectors from my bricknose dash harness. I have a pack of the factory Metri-Pack terminals so the harness appears to be OEM.

I also pulled the fuel injection wiring out of my rear harness, and converted the NSS/Reverse signal pigtail into just a reverse pigtail with the factory manual transmission connector (the harness was originally setup for an AOD). All that's left to do with the rear harness is to splice in the two post connector for the fuel sending unit and it will be 100% complete and ready to go back in the truck.

Once I pick up an alternator harness and an ignition harness, I should be done with the wiring for the truck.

Today I made a speaker wiring harness since my truck was originally a mono speaker and my new cab is dual speaker. I used the connectors from both the mono speaker (same between mono and dual) as well as the connectors from my bricknose dash harness. I have a pack of the factory Metri-Pack terminals so the harness appears to be OEM.

I also pulled the fuel injection wiring out of my rear harness, and converted the NSS/Reverse signal pigtail into just a reverse pigtail with the factory manual transmission connector (the harness was originally setup for an AOD). All that's left to do with the rear harness is to splice in the two post connector for the fuel sending unit and it will be 100% complete and ready to go back in the truck.

Once I pick up an alternator harness and an ignition harness, I should be done with the wiring for the truck.

Wow! You are really making progress. And, it surely looks factory. Well done!

What alternator are you going with?

Wow! You are really making progress. And, it surely looks factory. Well done!

What alternator are you going with?

I'm trying to get the truck to a point where I can drop in the drivetrain and go.

As for the alternator, I'm undecided. I'm leaning towards a 3G, especially since I'm already working on wiring. But I need to look into the swap again and see what it entails before I pull the trigger on anything.

I'm trying to get the truck to a point where I can drop in the drivetrain and go.

As for the alternator, I'm undecided. I'm leaning towards a 3G, especially since I'm already working on wiring. But I need to look into the swap again and see what it entails before I pull the trigger on anything.

Our 3G swap page (Electrical/3G Conversion) has been upgraded in the last several months. See if it helps.

Our 3G swap page (Electrical/3G Conversion) has been upgraded in the last several months. See if it helps.

Gary,

One thing I don't see addressed in your 3G discussion is the adjuster bolt.

Some 3G's come with a metric tapped hole and some come with a clearanced hole.

Given that most Bullnose come with V-belts and a swing adjustment (not to discount FI Windsors) your options are:

A) longer bolt with nut. (hard to keep tension, and use two wrenches without 3 hands)

B) if metric 8x1.25 use bolt with bigger washer (but it is very sloppy in the crescent slot)

C) if metric tap hole 3/8-16 NC

D) if clearanced, Helicoil to 3/8-16 NC

Gary,

One thing I don't see addressed in your 3G discussion is the adjuster bolt.

Some 3G's come with a metric tapped hole and some come with a clearanced hole.

Given that most Bullnose come with V-belts and a swing adjustment (not to discount FI Windsors) your options are:

A) longer bolt with nut. (hard to keep tension, and use two wrenches without 3 hands)

B) if metric 8x1.25 use bolt with bigger washer (but it is very sloppy in the crescent slot)

C) if metric tap hole 3/8-16 NC

D) if clearanced, Helicoil to 3/8-16 NC

Jim - Thanks! I'll figure out where to put that on the page, soon.