Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I really like those wheels with the 'chrome' body moldings! :nabble_smiley_good:

Oil leaks are a plus for everything on the underside except rubber.

Here in the salty northeast people spray bar and chain oil under their vehicles every October to try and keep the rust at bay. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

On the other arm, oil leaks make for messy repairs. The other day when I was installing the left-out bolts to Big Blue's engine perch my arms came out absolutely BLACK. I had to use hand cleaner on them several times in the process. :nabble_smiley_cry:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the other arm, oil leaks make for messy repairs. The other day when I was installing the left-out bolts to Big Blue's engine perch my arms came out absolutely BLACK. I had to use hand cleaner on them several times in the process. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I'd rather be a grease monkey than have my truck rapidly return to the ore from which it was born.

Again, I'm envious of how rust free the trucks from the rest of the country seem to this New Englander.

Bit the bolt and got some tire shine from Canadian Tire. Man am I ever happy with the resolves. Should have listened to my Old Man Earlier.

FYI that is not rust, paint was chipped when my brother backed in to my truck on morning.

Not Bad stuff the pad made it easy to cover

Left With Shine Right No Shine, Really cleans up for little work and cost

Looks good but I hope you never have to have any bodywork or paint done to it with all that silicone oil rubbed into it....

Looks good but I hope you never have to have any bodywork or paint done to it with all that silicone oil rubbed into it....

IMG_20190512_164637201.jpg.08e610445fc7b698a60e00e4b65cfa8f.jpgbeen awhile redid middle of bed floor with diamond plat repainted door and dash pad plus new tailgate of a 85 f250 that was stored for 20 plus years for 30

You got the tailgate for $30? If so, that was a steal!

Was the stainless trim panel included? Those go for lots more usually.

Anyway, looking good! :nabble_smiley_good:

I lucked out the guy came up from fla to clean out his shop i was the only one to show up talked for an hour showed him picts of my truck he new how much it was worth , but said looks like its going to a good home ,give me thirty and ill be happy

I lucked out the guy came up from fla to clean out his shop i was the only one to show up talked for an hour showed him picts of my truck he new how much it was worth , but said looks like its going to a good home ,give me thirty and ill be happy

:nabble_smiley_good:

:nabble_smiley_good:

Went out to the junkyard to grab the driver's side dash to firewall support arm since I can't find my original one. While I was there I picked up the chrome door panel trim to bring my panels to Ranger trim spec.

I was getting ready to leave but remembered that I hadn't checked the parts truck for the light group option since my Bricknose cab only had half of it. Lo and behold the parts truck had the clock and under dash lights so that entire harness came home with me.

The sweet girl at the counter said $10 for everything, but I gave her $20 and told her to buy something good for lunch with the other half because she was so nice.

Went out to the junkyard to grab the driver's side dash to firewall support arm since I can't find my original one. While I was there I picked up the chrome door panel trim to bring my panels to Ranger trim spec.

I was getting ready to leave but remembered that I hadn't checked the parts truck for the light group option since my Bricknose cab only had half of it. Lo and behold the parts truck had the clock and under dash lights so that entire harness came home with me.

The sweet girl at the counter said $10 for everything, but I gave her $20 and told her to buy something good for lunch with the other half because she was so nice.

Even for $20 you got a steal! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps: