Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Dad got 2 of 3 tailgates back from paint. Looking pretty good for some paint kids in tech school laid.

Those look great! My dad had the kids in shop paint his '55 Chevy (back in the early 60's when it was a work car) and they did a good job as well. In fact, it was the same color!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those look great! My dad had the kids in shop paint his '55 Chevy (back in the early 60's when it was a work car) and they did a good job as well. In fact, it was the same color!

They definitely didnt turn out bad, although I cant wait for the whole truck to go to paint. I think my biggest peave so far is the black wheels, I definitely would have returned them to white.

20190407_134144.jpg.ff45f4d68e7b545afbc622117c262fa9.jpg

20190407_134200.jpg.4529af73ed11dd26d1823178ffa566e0.jpg

They definitely didnt turn out bad, although I cant wait for the whole truck to go to paint. I think my biggest peave so far is the black wheels, I definitely would have returned them to white.

Yes, white wheels would have been much better. :nabble_smiley_good:

I tried let me tell you, but he insisted on black. Oh well.

Angelo - Sometimes it takes a while for us "old" people to figure things out. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So, what did I do to/with my truck today? I used it, and the trailer, to retrieve a broken-down car - a Chevy, naturally.

Got a call from a friend from church that there car had overheated. They knew that they had a leaking head gasket, so they put some "stuff" in the cooling system to seal the head gasket. But, it appears to have sealed the thermostat as well.

So I went down in Big Blue, picked them up and took them home. He went back in his 90's F150 and changed out the thermostat. And if the original thermostat was plugged then this one plugged as well.

So they came to the house and he helped me get the trailer out and we went after the car. Or, should I say Chevy? :nabble_smiley_good:

Just a late model Chebby Malibu. Low enough that it didn't like the ramps to the trailer as the chin spoiler now has some tracks on it.

Got the exhaust system finished, except the tailpipe. Red thrush free flow sure sounds good.

Transmission filter & fluid change, pulled the plug on the converter, took a little over 11 qts refill, wish they made a screen filter like the C4,etc, don't like paper filters. Drilled two holes in the crossmember to get back bolts out. Pan had the normal black film in it, no metal (whew) in it

Waiting on the weather again so I can start on paint prep, and put the AC back in and cooling

(gonna need it soon)

Bill

Got the exhaust system finished, except the tailpipe. Red thrush free flow sure sounds good.

Transmission filter & fluid change, pulled the plug on the converter, took a little over 11 qts refill, wish they made a screen filter like the C4,etc, don't like paper filters. Drilled two holes in the crossmember to get back bolts out. Pan had the normal black film in it, no metal (whew) in it

Waiting on the weather again so I can start on paint prep, and put the AC back in and cooling

(gonna need it soon)

Bill

I've had Thrush muffs before, but hadn't heard of red ones. Are they different?

As for the tranny, how big of a mess did you make getting the pan off? I always make a huge one. :nabble_smiley_cry: