Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Glad to hear your eye is better. This morning, with the help of my son, we replaced the passenger side inner tie rod. It had a LOT of play, and since the driver side inner tie rod attaches to it, it was putting play in the whole steering system. There's no more play in it now but man was it cold, 26*.

That's exactly what it is here right now. COLD! I can't imagine doing that work outside right now.

But, I'll bet it made a huge difference. :nabble_smiley_good:

Was just looking at the tie rods et al I have for Dad's truck today. All new. All w/o paint. :nabble_smiley_cry:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's exactly what it is here right now. COLD! I can't imagine doing that work outside right now.

But, I'll bet it made a huge difference. :nabble_smiley_good:

Was just looking at the tie rods et al I have for Dad's truck today. All new. All w/o paint. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I don't have a garage to work in. That would be nice, even if it didn't have heat. All but the tie rod that got installed today are coated, in a nice thick layer of old grease and dirt.:nabble_smiley_grin:

I don't have a garage to work in. That would be nice, even if it didn't have heat. All but the tie rod that got installed today are coated, in a nice thick layer of old grease and dirt.:nabble_smiley_grin:

That grease and dirt will keep things from rusting. :nabble_smiley_good:

And, thanks for thinking of me and my eye. It is basically completely healed.

That grease and dirt will keep things from rusting. :nabble_smiley_good:

And, thanks for thinking of me and my eye. It is basically completely healed.

I'm currently spending my day getting my stripped frame ready for paint so that once I find a cab I will be ready to plop it on and have my frame look like a truck again.

I'm currently spending my day getting my stripped frame ready for paint so that once I find a cab I will be ready to plop it on and have my frame look like a truck again.

Shaun - I assume you are enjoying the nice weather our son, who lives in Palm Beach Gardens, is telling us about. We were into the single digits last night, but it is 42 now, and will be getting even warmer later in the week.

Anyway, what I did was to install things and then take them off. All day. Several times. In the end I made progress, as discusses here, but I'm wiped out.

However, here's a pic with a bit of the detail:

U-Joint_Detail.thumb.jpg.8b082b25b6239fb9e60aea61c4c580ce.jpg

Shaun - I assume you are enjoying the nice weather our son, who lives in Palm Beach Gardens, is telling us about. We were into the single digits last night, but it is 42 now, and will be getting even warmer later in the week.

Ummmm…..

Weather.jpg.40a569bf16d0cd80ff19d2ab6ab34812.jpg

Although this is pretty warm for most of you, it's pretty cold for us. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Ummmm…..

Although this is pretty warm for most of you, it's pretty cold for us. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Bret was claiming almost 90 down south today, but he did say it is going to cool off.

But we'll be up to 60 on Thursday! :nabble_anim_jump:

Bret was claiming almost 90 down south today, but he did say it is going to cool off.

But we'll be up to 60 on Thursday! :nabble_anim_jump:

I'm in North Central Florida (1.5 hours north of Orlando, 2 from Disney World) so that explains the difference in temp. He'll see the cooler temps tonight.

I'm in North Central Florida (1.5 hours north of Orlando, 2 from Disney World) so that explains the difference in temp. He'll see the cooler temps tonight.

Yup. My son's in-laws used to live there and he ran the plant to build fire engines. Which is why I remembered where you are.

I kinda forget how long and skinny Florida is. Yes, he'll see the "cold" when he leaves in the morning.