Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

You are moving all your "stuff" to the new place? Is that Exploder an engine donor or??? What does the camper go on?

So many questions. :nabble_smiley_evil:

78D00E5A-58B8-4325-8C9A-FB660988925C.jpeg.1a69e6ba41c6c5a85a85614d5b44e293.jpeg

B62ED805-D024-4E9B-860A-EC6D4BE9C14E.jpeg.0af9682345b44918e43cb2d44d237380.jpeg

So here are the “legit” photos showing the crew cab actually on our property in Golden Valley (not just loaded on the trailer in front of where it has been sitting for 5+ years). Lol.

The exploder is for my son... if I can repair it reasonably. It runs but not well. I am told it is a head gasket/cracked head. I have not checked into it. I know nothing about the 4.0L or what I am getting myself into. It had a transmission put into it 5K miles ago. The price was $200 so it will be hard to take a loss even if I scrap it. I got it from a co worker who is moving due to our plant closure. He bought it to repair and flip but never got to it. It came with a free trailer rental to bring it home 😁

The slide-in camper is pretty rough, but again, at $100 it is worth the price of admission. Again, it is for my son to use as a bedroom when he is visiting, and/or possibly tool storage while I am building onto our house. It does not have the corner jacks to raise it into a truck. They are quite expensive, and I doubt I will ever use it that way unless I stumble into a set for very little money. Judging by how it towed, I’m thinking it’s over-heavy for the F150, and the crew cab now has a short bed so...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So here are the “legit” photos showing the crew cab actually on our property in Golden Valley (not just loaded on the trailer in front of where it has been sitting for 5+ years). Lol.

The exploder is for my son... if I can repair it reasonably. It runs but not well. I am told it is a head gasket/cracked head. I have not checked into it. I know nothing about the 4.0L or what I am getting myself into. It had a transmission put into it 5K miles ago. The price was $200 so it will be hard to take a loss even if I scrap it. I got it from a co worker who is moving due to our plant closure. He bought it to repair and flip but never got to it. It came with a free trailer rental to bring it home 😁

The slide-in camper is pretty rough, but again, at $100 it is worth the price of admission. Again, it is for my son to use as a bedroom when he is visiting, and/or possibly tool storage while I am building onto our house. It does not have the corner jacks to raise it into a truck. They are quite expensive, and I doubt I will ever use it that way unless I stumble into a set for very little money. Judging by how it towed, I’m thinking it’s over-heavy for the F150, and the crew cab now has a short bed so...

Angelo and Jonathan are using their Bullnose trucks, and I thought it was too cold to take Big Blue today so got Blue out of the garage. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Gotta get BB out a bit more. 'Tis supposed to warm up in a couple of days so think I'll do just that.

Lookin' good Jon!

Angelo and Jonathan are using their Bullnose trucks, and I thought it was too cold to take Big Blue today so got Blue out of the garage. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Gotta get BB out a bit more. 'Tis supposed to warm up in a couple of days so think I'll do just that.

Battery took a poo for the plow the other day, so naturally we had to test it out lol.

.... Currently -4F with a -40 windchill. Full on blizzard here in Buffalo.

Not much snow to speak of here in Minnesota (about 4" on Monday), but we've got the cold! Tuesday was -50 F windchill (and the temp was still dropping when I heard that, so it might have gone lower). Then it was -31 F actual temp this morning (thankfully a lot less wind).

My '97 wouldn't start this morning, and I can't hook jumper cables to my wife's '18 Jeep Renegade, so I fired up the '71 Bronco to jump the pickup (too much salt on the roads and too little insurance on the Bronco to just drive it!)

Not much snow to speak of here in Minnesota (about 4" on Monday), but we've got the cold! Tuesday was -50 F windchill (and the temp was still dropping when I heard that, so it might have gone lower). Then it was -31 F actual temp this morning (thankfully a lot less wind).

My '97 wouldn't start this morning, and I can't hook jumper cables to my wife's '18 Jeep Renegade, so I fired up the '71 Bronco to jump the pickup (too much salt on the roads and too little insurance on the Bronco to just drive it!)

Man, am I glad I don't live in Minnesota!

"so I fired up the '71 Bronco to jump the pickup (too much salt on the roads and too little insurance on the Bronco to just drive it!)"

I sure wouldn't drive that baby in the salt!

Man, am I glad I don't live in Minnesota!

God bless the south! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Polar vortex got us down to -40C in Saskatchewan yesterday. That's without the wind chill folks. Happy to report my 1998 F150 and my son's 2014 F150 fired right up. Had to boost the Expedition,but it too fired right up.

Now, I'm a little ashamed to admit I didn't plug any of them in.