Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I'll bet it will work out very nicely. You'll be proud. :nabble_smiley_good:

Apparently it is a Comp cam with the below specs:

Exhaust Valve Lift (in.)0.447Intake Valve Lift (in.)0.447RPM Range1000-5000Exh. Duration @ .050 in. (Deg)212Int. Duration @ .050 in. (Deg)212Exh. Duration Advertised (Deg)260Int. Duration Advertised (Deg)260Engine Make/SizeFord 240-300Lifter TypeHydraulic Flat Tappet

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently it is a Comp cam with the below specs:

Exhaust Valve Lift (in.)0.447Intake Valve Lift (in.)0.447RPM Range1000-5000Exh. Duration @ .050 in. (Deg)212Int. Duration @ .050 in. (Deg)212Exh. Duration Advertised (Deg)260Int. Duration Advertised (Deg)260Engine Make/SizeFord 240-300Lifter TypeHydraulic Flat Tappet

I took the rear bumper off today in order to get to the fullest tank skid plate. I managed to get 5 of the 8 bolts out before darkness set in. Those little boogers are in there solid.

I hope to get the tank off to evaluate the need for a new one vs just a good cleaning. I know it needs a new float. I remember running out of gas once, and the wife will never let me live it down. I used to just fill up every 275 miles to be safe.

I took the rear bumper off today in order to get to the fullest tank skid plate. I managed to get 5 of the 8 bolts out before darkness set in. Those little boogers are in there solid.

I hope to get the tank off to evaluate the need for a new one vs just a good cleaning. I know it needs a new float. I remember running out of gas once, and the wife will never let me live it down. I used to just fill up every 275 miles to be safe.

That sounds like a good cam for torque on that engine. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the bumper, could you do me a favor and measure where your mounting holes are in the frame? Measure from the top of the frame down and from the rear of the frame forward. That would help me make sure my understanding of where Ford put those holes on various trucks is correct. Thanks in advance.

As for running out, Big Blue's gauge only works every once in a while, so I fill up every 200 miles. But, it isn't a good feeling not knowing, so I intend to fix the problem and understand your desire to do so. :nabble_smiley_wink:

On the bumper, could you do me a favor and measure where your mounting holes are in the frame? Measure from the top of the frame down and from the rear of the frame forward. That would help me make sure my understanding of where Ford put those holes on various trucks is correct. Thanks in advance.

As for running out, Big Blue's gauge only works every once in a while, so I fill up every 200 miles. But, it isn't a good feeling not knowing, so I intend to fix the problem and understand your desire to do so. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hey Gary are the 84 Flareside bumper hole locations of any benefit to you? My frame is bare at the moment. You can see the shape of the holes where the rear leaf hanger mounts.

48604B6C-FAE5-47D0-9AE2-0E3E63CBE7CE.jpeg.133cc09d2966378017c732fb7df3e0cb.jpeg

Yes, they certainly are! Please measure them.

OK Gary,

I'll reply with measurements first thing in the am. I was traveling all day, and now I am home (and the truck is in the shop at my work). You just want to know the distance from the top of the frame rail to the centers of the bolt holes?

Hi Gary. I'll get these measurements for when the sun comes back up tomorrow.

48604B6C-FAE5-47D0-9AE2-0E3E63CBE7CE.jpeg

Gary,

The forward bumper hole in my frame is a metric nutsert (14mm).

From the center to the top of the frame, I measure 3 1/2".

From the center to the rear of the frame, I measure 4 3/16".

The rear through hole measures 0.585" ID.

From the center to the top of the frame, I measure 4 5/16".

From the center to the rear of the frame, I measure 1 1/8".

Keep in mind this was mostly with a measuring tape...so I could be off a 1/16" or so...lol.

48604B6C-FAE5-47D0-9AE2-0E3E63CBE7CE.jpeg

Gary,

The forward bumper hole in my frame is a metric nutsert (14mm).

From the center to the top of the frame, I measure 3 1/2".

From the center to the rear of the frame, I measure 4 3/16".

The rear through hole measures 0.585" ID.

From the center to the top of the frame, I measure 4 5/16".

From the center to the rear of the frame, I measure 1 1/8".

Keep in mind this was mostly with a measuring tape...so I could be off a 1/16" or so...lol.

Thanks! Below is what I've captured to this point. As you can see, we are close on most measurements and right on for the front hole/top measurement.

I've agreed w/Ben, the guy that's going to build the bumper, that I'll pull the rear bumper off of Big Blue and take the truck over to him when he's ready to start. That way he'll be able to do a trial fit. Anyway, I can then measure BB's frame more accurately. And, I have Dad's frame handy. So I'll measure them with calipers and update the file.

Again, thanks!

Hole_Size_Capture.thumb.jpg.55c398046c8b6555f71dea749a8515f6.jpg