Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Gary,

The flat spot is 1 1/2" x just under 4"

You can change the bypass if you cut it just right and fold it in half to get it on.

Someone could have made a killing if they had come up with a tube that could be swapped in when the water pump is replaced.

That's what I did, measured the one on the new engine, 2 5/8" and folded it and popped it in, at least it wasn't on my 77 with the 390, not only did you have to pull the A/C compressor bracket off, but getting the short little bitch in really takes a special pair of pliers. On Darth, that is exactly where it sits, nothing in the way, before, with the dual smoke grinders, it would have been a 2-3 hour job to get down to it and reassemble everything afterward.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what I did, measured the one on the new engine, 2 5/8" and folded it and popped it in, at least it wasn't on my 77 with the 390, not only did you have to pull the A/C compressor bracket off, but getting the short little bitch in really takes a special pair of pliers. On Darth, that is exactly where it sits, nothing in the way, before, with the dual smoke grinders, it would have been a 2-3 hour job to get down to it and reassemble everything afterward.

Jonathan - Get some photo editing app like Photoshop PS. I believe it is free, but if not it is cheap. With it you can rotate the pics by playing like you are going to crop them. But just opening and saving them seems to fix the orientation.

Bill - I've done the same on a Windsor. Ain't easy, but far better than pulling things off. However, not having a bypass hose is even better. 😎

Back in '65 I was out on a date in my daddy's car.

We hadn't driven very far, there in the road, straight ahead,

a car was stalled, the engine was dead.

Turned out it was Dad's 1964 Buick - the one I was driving. The bypass hose sprang a leak and squirted coolant on the distributor, and it died.

Never got another date with her. 🙈

Jonathan - Get some photo editing app like Photoshop PS. I believe it is free, but if not it is cheap. With it you can rotate the pics by playing like you are going to crop them. But just opening and saving them seems to fix the orientation.

Bill - I've done the same on a Windsor. Ain't easy, but far better than pulling things off. However, not having a bypass hose is even better. 😎

Back in '65 I was out on a date in my daddy's car.

We hadn't driven very far, there in the road, straight ahead,

a car was stalled, the engine was dead.

Turned out it was Dad's 1964 Buick - the one I was driving. The bypass hose sprang a leak and squirted coolant on the distributor, and it died.

Never got another date with her. 🙈

That's why the water showing, once I fixed it I hosed everything off, been there, done that with antifreeze on ignition wires.

Was it stuck in second gear? :nabble_smiley_wink:

I had to pull the air cleaner off Big Blue to check out the Eddy's choke for Jim, and as I was re-installing it I saw the only possible thing that could keep him from winning Best Of Show - the stud and wingnut holding the air cleaner on. And I fixed that with a screw like holds the air cleaner together. Now I'm sure to win! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Wingnut_Before.jpg.43d599fadba9004f09a7b00776e86e42.jpgTop_Screw_-_Wide.jpg.f1b4652eef78076411fac767f5d1a9be.jpg

I installed the Eddy dual feed fuel line and made a few adjustments. (You never know why you need rod bending pliers, but you do.... If you have an Edelbrock)

I got a grommet and a new breather filter.

Installed them, a new heat riser aluminum flex hose.

Did a little engine bay cleanup.

Fed the little red bitch $60 worth of premium and a couple of quarts of oil (the old valve covers were leaking badly)

Kicked the base timing up to 12° btdc.

Still have a bad tic, but after going all over the engine with my stethoscope I still can't find it.

I had to pull the air cleaner off Big Blue to check out the Eddy's choke for Jim, and as I was re-installing it I saw the only possible thing that could keep him from winning Best Of Show - the stud and wingnut holding the air cleaner on. And I fixed that with a screw like holds the air cleaner together. Now I'm sure to win! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Gary,

Why don't you have a sticker on your air cleaner?

Gary,

Why don't you have a sticker on your air cleaner?

Which sticker? What do you recommend?

I have several little details to finish on the air cleaner, like the sticker, and clear-coating the lid. And creating hot air ducting. Plus, I haven't plumbed it up for vacuum to the motors on the snorkels.