Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Looks good, Jochen! That's something I haven't attempted, so I'm in awe of those who do.

Frank - You are making good progress doing two things in one day. Did that solve the leak?

Jim - I vote for brazing it. I burn right through used exhausts and have a really hard time getting the hole filled w/o a leak.

Looks good, Jochen! That's something I haven't attempted, so I'm in awe of those who do.

Frank - You are making good progress doing two things in one day. Did that solve the leak?

Jim - I vote for brazing it. I burn right through used exhausts and have a really hard time getting the hole filled w/o a leak.

I think I will Gary.

There's a big blue box between here and the barn.

If I have any energy left after hammering out the garage block.....

I think I should probably move my bodywork pic's over here too.

No good to clutter up a great thread.

I think I will Gary.

There's a big blue box between here and the barn.

If I have any energy left after hammering out the garage block.....

I think I should probably move my bodywork pic's over here too.

No good to clutter up a great thread.

Thanks, It's much quieter now and running smooth and no exhaust leaks. I also recently reset my ignition timing with a vacuum gauge after adjusting the carb and was able to hear that I had no spark knock so all is well.

Thanks, It's much quieter now and running smooth and no exhaust leaks. I also recently reset my ignition timing with a vacuum gauge after adjusting the carb and was able to hear that I had no spark knock so all is well.

It's always nice to start off the season fresh. :nabble_smiley_good:

I've been giving my muffler a bit of thought and am considering picking up an argon bottle and a spool of silicon bronze mig wire at the welding supply.

While I'm sure I could torch braze the muffler I think it would be good to add a new capability and skill to my toolbox.

Most newer car sheet metal is too thin to do anything but tack, and the cooler process will allow me to join dissimilar metals as well.

I changed the belts on my truck this afternoon. One of the power steering belts was quite loose and I needed to remove the alternator belt to get at them anyhow.

While all three belts seemed a little glazed the pulleys were fine.

Hey I'm with ya on deciding what color to do on the grilled and headlights surrounds. Black feels like too much and argent and too little.

Yep for me I like the chrome headlight surrounds with black trim. But the argent grill with black trim just looks bland. The chrome can be had with argent trim or black trim and if I go chrome I would probably go with the black trim. But the black grill looks like it would have a more aggressive look. But then my KC apollo driving lights are black plastic housings which would blend in with a all black grill.

Either way I go it just has draw backs and positives.

I got the grill emblem in the mail today, looks good outside of the scratches on the clear plastic housing so going to see about using some polishing compound to remove the shelf ware on the clear lens to smooth it out some.

E2TZ_Grill_Emblem_-_1.jpg.a40d2cdf8d811f8bcd3bc02f42b724df.jpg

E2TZ_Grill_Emblem_-_2.jpg.8a9f364d7c07996c96faf9e93a911a6b.jpg

Seeing it in person I think a chrome grill might be too much chrome with the chrome trim ring. Looks like I will be looking at the correct argent with black trim grill or the one year newer black out grill.

I got the grill emblem in the mail today, looks good outside of the scratches on the clear plastic housing so going to see about using some polishing compound to remove the shelf ware on the clear lens to smooth it out some.

Seeing it in person I think a chrome grill might be too much chrome with the chrome trim ring. Looks like I will be looking at the correct argent with black trim grill or the one year newer black out grill.

Pretty! :nabble_smiley_good:

It is I am shocked by how good it looks, the others I found that are for sale for more money have discoloration of the chrome where this one has no hazing between the chrome and clear lens it just has the scuffs from sliding around in the cardboard box which shouldnt be too hard to correct.

I just have to find a source for grills, I would like to get it from Dennis-Carpenter as he is licensed by Ford and his stuff is typically made on the same machines that made the original parts but doesnt look like he has chrome with black trim, he has a E3TZ-8200-GX listed one with no photo that just simply states chrome with no mention if it has the trim, or if its the argent trim or the black trim. He doesnt have a argent grill with black trim nor does anyone I checked have the black grill think my only option for the black grill would be to get the cheaper argent grill scuff it up and paint it black myself if I decide on black.

It is I am shocked by how good it looks, the others I found that are for sale for more money have discoloration of the chrome where this one has no hazing between the chrome and clear lens it just has the scuffs from sliding around in the cardboard box which shouldnt be too hard to correct.

I just have to find a source for grills, I would like to get it from Dennis-Carpenter as he is licensed by Ford and his stuff is typically made on the same machines that made the original parts but doesnt look like he has chrome with black trim, he has a E3TZ-8200-GX listed one with no photo that just simply states chrome with no mention if it has the trim, or if its the argent trim or the black trim. He doesnt have a argent grill with black trim nor does anyone I checked have the black grill think my only option for the black grill would be to get the cheaper argent grill scuff it up and paint it black myself if I decide on black.

"He" is dead....

The company lives on, and still uses reclaimed Ford tooling for many of their products.

The Company pays a fee to have the Ford logo embossed or embellishing many of their products.

Ford is quite on top of defending their IP. (in fact, the tailgate letters I bought a couple of weeks ago are delisted. I can't even leave positive feedback)

I was thinking of upgrading to retroreflective like Dave.

If these vinyl cutters would just them as DORF there's no problem....

"He" is dead....

The company lives on, and still uses reclaimed Ford tooling for many of their products.

The Company pays a fee to have the Ford logo embossed or embellishing many of their products.

Ford is quite on top of defending their IP. (in fact, the tailgate letters I bought a couple of weeks ago are delisted. I can't even leave positive feedback)

I was thinking of upgrading to retroreflective like Dave.

If these vinyl cutters would just them as DORF there's no problem....

Yep he is but the company still has a lot of original tooling. The door panels they have are made on the original tooling and they are exact as the old ones from my truck even down to the original part number cast on the back side of the panels.

Its why I rather pay a few dollars more for parts from there than buying them else where.

On the decals its the same boat I am in with the pinstriping for my truck. I am leaning towards painting it on as I dont believe one could get it done cheaper in vinyl especially considering my truck is a mix of two different pin stripe patterns. But it wouldnt be hard to paint just mask off spray center color mask down the middle then spray the outter color and done.