Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Espy needs an engine rebuild or a new engine depending how you look at it. There is a shop in Eugene that does custom builds and they use them mam the time so we are exploring that option as well as them stripping and rebuilding the block I have... I was going to do a crate engine myself but I don’t have the time.

Oh, also showed them the TSB for the Bronco B pillars so they will do that too.

351W is a pretty known quantity and easy to find, mild to wild.

I would definitely swap in a re-man if I could find one built the way I wanted.

You get a dyno chart, it's already broken in (as far as pulls go, to get everything seated) and it is literally a weekend job.

No overlooked or waiting on parts, like shorter pushrods

No hearing the machine shop is too busy until next XXX

No breaking in the cam, etc.. (You obviously don't need this if you're going roller.... And I would)

These guys seem a lot more together than the transmission shop.

Jim - Cool! I want pics as that may be the way I go.

As for what I did with, not to, my truck today - drove it to 16 places in "my little town", to borrow a Paul Simon phrase. I was taking the flier for the get-together around, and I got them posted in 14 of those places. But it took me almost two hours as I got into several conversations about trucks. :nabble_smiley_good:

In fact, I think I recruited someone for this forum today. DeWayne, from Skiatook Auto Parts, if you are reading this you found the right place. :nabble_anim_handshake:

However, going to 16 different places meant a lot of low-speed turns, and I noticed a repeated clunk as I was turning. Seemed like it was pretty much straight ahead of the driver, and happened as I was changing directions with the steering. Guess I need to check things out. Maybe the frame at the steering box, or a rivet, or.... Wish I knew where there was a TSB on that. :nabble_anim_confused:

Not exactly a WHYDTYTT but rather a "what I've been working on recently". Some may recall I was going to spray my floor with Lizard Skin but the outfit I went to purchase it through screwed up my order and I sent it back. Tanman, one of our members, spoke highly of Kilmat and after some research I went with it. With all the compound curves of our floorpan, it was a pain in the rear to keep things the way my OCD self wanted them to be. In the end, I think it came out nicely and there is no more ring anywhere in my cab. You knock on it and it is solid! With that and the mass backed carpet I have going in, it should certainly make for a more quiet cab. It will be interesting. And yes, I very much like the product!

IMG_1559.thumb.jpg.bf3a98b9bad779f790c82303b5c3d391.jpg

Kilmat1.thumb.jpg.2e5cec6020fb97c05a77f1620835b47b.jpg

Kilmat2.thumb.jpg.d6dc97c4bff2194dde5c2f17b439a5cc.jpg

Kilmat3.thumb.jpg.0882669475153e662b1cde2031c0a9b2.jpg

Not exactly a WHYDTYTT but rather a "what I've been working on recently". Some may recall I was going to spray my floor with Lizard Skin but the outfit I went to purchase it through screwed up my order and I sent it back. Tanman, one of our members, spoke highly of Kilmat and after some research I went with it. With all the compound curves of our floorpan, it was a pain in the rear to keep things the way my OCD self wanted them to be. In the end, I think it came out nicely and there is no more ring anywhere in my cab. You knock on it and it is solid! With that and the mass backed carpet I have going in, it should certainly make for a more quiet cab. It will be interesting. And yes, I very much like the product!

Looks wonderful, John! And it does make a huge difference.

But what about the doors? Are you going to use some of the Killmat on them?

Looks wonderful, John! And it does make a huge difference.

But what about the doors? Are you going to use some of the Killmat on them?

Thanks, Gary. I did the doors with another product several years ago and that alone made a difference. Very notable too when you close the door.

Scott, you see anything in there that looks familiar? Thanks buddy!

Thanks, Gary. I did the doors with another product several years ago and that alone made a difference. Very notable too when you close the door.

Scott, you see anything in there that looks familiar? Thanks buddy!

Good, I'm glad you've done the doors. And yes, that makes a huge difference when you close the door.

Good, I'm glad you've done the doors. And yes, that makes a huge difference when you close the door.

Notice how all my Kilmat wording is arranged. Is that OCD or what...LOL! Dang carpet was supposed to show last night but the ice we got yesterday is slowing delivery. Hope to get it today for install this weekend. Ordered black.

Notice how all my Kilmat wording is arranged. Is that OCD or what...LOL!

How much waste did you have in order to create the excellent repeat pattern?

That's a very good point! You would be surprised to know that it was very little. I made templates from paper before cutting, which helped out immensely. Left over pieces were utilized in other areas. I bet I had less than a half sheet of waste.