Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

You have nothing between the pivot bolt head and the engine, opposing belt tension.

And,of course, as the belt speeds up it wants to become round so it pulls even harder.

There is typically a triangular plate that covers most of the area between your two top arrows.

It has two points mounted at the engine so the belt cannot get the alternator pulley out of line.

Robert, here's a picture of the bracket on my truck, albeit, not a very good one. This is not the original bracket but an earlier model year, as I ditched the OEM bracket which housed the smog pump. This bracket is secured to the water pump in two places and at the top bolt. You don't want to run your truck without that triangular bracket.

IMG_1377.jpg.213385c69de8e7feff8a25a013e219ad.jpg

You have nothing between the pivot bolt head and the engine, opposing belt tension.

And,of course, as the belt speeds up it wants to become round so it pulls even harder.

There is typically a triangular plate that covers most of the area between your two top arrows.

It has two points mounted at the engine so the belt cannot get the alternator pulley out of line.

Robert, here's a picture of the bracket on my truck, albeit, not a very good one. This is not the original bracket but an earlier model year, as I ditched the OEM bracket which housed the smog pump. This bracket is secured to the water pump in two places and at the top bolt. You don't want to run your truck without that triangular bracket.

Another angle. Took this one off last week.

IMG_20210201_122320.thumb.jpg.f0ca0bd1fac07178b29f903b050549d0.jpg

Is that glypthal on the front of your alternator, John?

Another angle. Took this one off last week.

Thanks! I appreciate the rips guys, I'm gonna try q couple of pick n pays near me this week and hope I get lucky finding a bracket. People seem to strip the bullnoses around here fairly quick!

Is that glypthal on the front of your alternator, John?

No Jim, that's some factory paper stuff on the remanned alternator I picked up at AZ and used to test fit before purchasing the unit I currently have.

Ahhh, sorry!

Obviously I need glasses or should zoom when looking at the forum.

I guess it's good they try to keep garbage out.

Ahhh, sorry!

Obviously I need glasses or should zoom when looking at the forum.

I guess it's good they try to keep garbage out.

Well, I am very happy with the work done on Eunice!

Not only did they do the intake manifold timing chain set and gaskets, they went the extra mile and replaced the water pump, the cracked v belts, thermostat and oil filter/oil.

They came in on budget and on schedule.

On the drive home she felt like a new truck. So much more power and idle was solid and low. Used to be very lack luster for acceleration and the idle was lumpy at best.

Now they have been tasked with looking at the 351W in the Bronco!

Not only did they do the intake manifold timing chain set and gaskets, they went the extra mile and replaced the water pump, the cracked v belts, thermostat and oil filter/oil.

On the drive home she felt like a new truck. So much more power and idle was solid and low. Used to be very lack luster for acceleration and the idle was lumpy at best.

Excellent!!! You chose wisely. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Glad to hear you're happy with the work done and with how Eunice runs now. :nabble_anim_jump:

What do you want done to Espy?

Glad to hear you're happy with the work done and with how Eunice runs now. :nabble_anim_jump:

What do you want done to Espy?

Espy needs an engine rebuild or a new engine depending how you look at it. There is a shop in Eugene that does custom builds and they use them mam the time so we are exploring that option as well as them stripping and rebuilding the block I have... I was going to do a crate engine myself but I don’t have the time.

Oh, also showed them the TSB for the Bronco B pillars so they will do that too.