Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

No AC. Does anyone remove the fan and install an electric fan?

X2^^^

You're going to need a 3G and the largest battery you can fit (for damping) usually a group 65-2.

A soft-start controller is nice.

Many use the Lincoln or Taurus fans.

These pretty much dictate 60-80 continuous duty relays.

I know the 300 radiator has opposite plumbing from the V-8's, so I can't say which is the best fit.

If I were you, I'd just try too find a stock shroud and a good clutch.

That's a lot of underserved families you are helping out Dane! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Bless you.

Thanks Jim, actually this is for other families too. If I understand correctly it’s a government program to keep produce and meat from going to waste because of COVID 19, that restaurants didn’t use.

Of course now a lot will be going to fire victims. Man, it’s bad out here.

Fortunate that the trucks made it this morning. Several freeways were closed yesterday and last night because of the fires.

That's a lot of underserved families you are helping out Dane! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Bless you.

Thanks Jim, actually this is for other families too. If I understand correctly it’s a government program to keep produce and meat from going to waste because of COVID 19, that restaurants didn’t use.

Fortunate that the trucks made it this morning. Several freeways were closed yesterday and last night because of the fires.

Dane - The news is showing horrible conditions all up and down the west coast. You guys are in my prayers.

No AC. Does anyone remove the fan and install an electric fan?

Josh, I'll take a picture of my fan shroud tomorrow but it's merely nothing more than a plastic shield. My truck has the 300 and came with a heat only HVAC box, no AC. If you can't find one, a perfectly functional substitute will be very easy to fabricate.

Josh, I'll take a picture of my fan shroud tomorrow but it's merely nothing more than a plastic shield. My truck has the 300 and came with a heat only HVAC box, no AC. If you can't find one, a perfectly functional substitute will be very easy to fabricate.

I found an illustration showing the non-ac fan shroud. Here http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/1206722_orig.jpg

Bless you.

I've seen that for a lot of farmers it's down to government $ to harvest, or it would be better for them to till crops in.

So win win on both sides of the table. :nabble_smiley_good:

Heard earlier this year there were a billion pounds of potatoes sitting in Washington, mostly because fast food french fries were not being sold.

Of course they should bust out the amalayse and distill some alcohol.

No one seems to have enough hand sanitizer.....

I can only imagine all those displaced people needing meals, sanitation and a way to get their feet back under them.

Thank you for caring enough to help! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I found an illustration showing the non-ac fan shroud. Here http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/1206722_orig.jpg

Wow Frank, it's pretty amazing that these trucks don't have a shroud, and only a hand guard!

I have to question that they have a fan clutch either, in that case.

There's really no way to direct radiator heat towards it so it can engage.

My apologies Josh! :nabble_smiley_blush:

Wow Frank, it's pretty amazing that these trucks don't have a shroud, and only a hand guard!

I have to question that they have a fan clutch either, in that case.

There's really no way to direct radiator heat towards it so it can engage.

My apologies Josh! :nabble_smiley_blush:

Yep, just a hand guard and no fan clutch. Just a solid spacer and a five blade flex fan. It is more than adequate though since no AC. It has only ever got hot but once and that was my fault for not checking the coolant level after my brother had borrowed it when his car was disabled by a deer. I knew it had a small radiator leak and he had had it for several months. He apparently had not been checking it as it took @ a gallon and a half to fill the radiator. Oh well, no harm done except the plastic vacuum lines which melted!

Yep, just a hand guard and no fan clutch. Just a solid spacer and a five blade flex fan. It is more than adequate though since no AC. It has only ever got hot but once and that was my fault for not checking the coolant level after my brother had borrowed it when his car was disabled by a deer. I knew it had a small radiator leak and he had had it for several months. He apparently had not been checking it as it took @ a gallon and a half to fill the radiator. Oh well, no harm done except the plastic vacuum lines which melted!

That says a lot about how bulletproof and easily maintained these engines are.

There's a reason we see them used for farm pumps, welders & generators, aircraft tugs and big fork lifts.