Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Beautiful evening for our weekly local cruise in last night. There was a huge gathering, and lots of new stuff. I love going to this every week. 75% of the cars are the same, but every week there's something new to see.

Last night I had another Bullnose parked beside me for a while, and not just another Bullnose, but a 1984 the same as mine, in the same 3P Medium Blue Metallic color, built on the same assembly line a month after mine. That was kinda cool.

I actually knew the truck as I had seen it for sale locally a couple times over the years, and I had driven by the previous owners house many times. The previous owner had it for 15 or so years and had only used it for yard clean up work and dump runs. It has the very typical 300/6 and NP435.

Some other random shots...

IMG_2231.jpg.b804291fbb846cd0c5596599ca9ab527.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg.bb637e5c89a6cd2442bf0df79e5e4737.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg.d2123575b51113fc38438ef995d8de91.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg.d0fbcb51ab758f6dcb917ca596c22a6c.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg.ed23ad98a5c290a7699305ee0d23ac8f.jpg

Beautiful evening for our weekly local cruise in last night. There was a huge gathering, and lots of new stuff. I love going to this every week. 75% of the cars are the same, but every week there's something new to see.

Last night I had another Bullnose parked beside me for a while, and not just another Bullnose, but a 1984 the same as mine, in the same 3P Medium Blue Metallic color, built on the same assembly line a month after mine. That was kinda cool.

I actually knew the truck as I had seen it for sale locally a couple times over the years, and I had driven by the previous owners house many times. The previous owner had it for 15 or so years and had only used it for yard clean up work and dump runs. It has the very typical 300/6 and NP435.

That is really cool, Cory. Same year, same paint, same plant. :nabble_smiley_good:

I sat back in the shade for a while watching all of the classics pull in, and for you sea-foodies I even stopped for a Haddock cheesburger on the way...lol. Thursday night is fend for yourself night...Mrs. Rembrant goes out for dinner with a girlfriend, and I head off to the cruise in.

Is that a '57 Vette? (Not sure what I think about a Haddock cheeseburger.)

.... The down side is that it's separate from the switch to select which fuel sender the gage is using. So you can be using one tank and reading the other.

Sounds like a situation for one of those "Remove Before Flight" key chains, or.... "switch senders now, dummy"

Whatever, some kind of graphic warning....

Actually it's not that bad. Worst case is you run out of gas with the gage still reading "full". Then you just flip the valve (without switching the gage) and you're good to go again.

Of course you might run out of gas with the gage reading "E" for the other tank, but running a tank out when the other one is empty is always a risk with dual tanks. It's no more likely with the 2-step early Bronco process.

Yeah, I'm not into Vettes. So that was a bad guess. Thanks.

Cory, your truck looks really good and I agree that 1930 Ford ton and a half is nice. I really like the short nosed Ford vans and had two myself, a 1970 E100 with a 240 and 3 speed column shift and a 1974 Super Van with a 302 and C4 transmission. I also like the way they went sort of old school style on that blue van as I liked how it was done, but there again, I like vans just not the current Transit vans.

Most of the other vehicles are really cool as well, but the '30 dually is the best! The '78 F-Series comes in next, and Grabber Blue van comes in last in my book.

Having had a 1929 Model A and not liking any vehicles newer than my '97 F-250HD I'd have to agree. But I'd really like a closer picture of the early Bronco half-cab parked behind the Chevy II (?) gasser!

(and the haddock cheeseburger sounds good too!)

Some other random shots...

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n71538/IMG_2231.jpg....