Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

:nabble_smiley_good:

Your Sig's getting too big. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Looking good, Shaun!

Hell im still trying to figure out how to use this forum. Only way I know how to make a post is to make a reply to someone as I dont see a reply or post function on topics. I need to setup my signature as well.

On a side note, I still havent done anything to the truck, due to the virus and being commission at the shop I got two plastic storage bins with the interlaced split hinged lids and tossed all my engine parts I could for my 306 build into them and put them up for the time being. Couldnt believe that I was able to get rid of 3 boxes of engine parts into two bins and then had to stack the too big pieces ontop such as the Holley Sniper Stealth, the new Summit 600cfm 4V carb that I wont be using and cant return to summit as I bought it 2 years ago and my AFR heads and Ford Racing valve covers.

At least that carb wont go to waste, if I can get the body fixed on my 78 Mercury where its rusted through I did always plan on upgrading my 351W from the 2bbl to a 4bbl so I can use it on there.

I also ordered that F2TZ-9725-D gas pedal. Hopefully the changes made to the E7TZ pedal assembly that was replaced by the F2TZ include the extra pull so I can make use of the throttle extension for the sniper so I can have a nice smooth soft throttle pull.

Kankamangus (?) Trail across New Hampshire is really scenic.

88 west out of Albany will take you past Iroquois Museum, Howes Caverns, Baseball Hall of Fame and much more on your way to the Finger Lakes and West to Niagara Falls.

Early fall 'leaf peeper season" is stunning with the hills covered in vibrant red, orange and gold.

That is one of the things I miss is the fall colors we don't get anything like that around here.

Now maybe a little more north / west in the mountains might have color but have not made it that far in the fall yet for work.

Dave ----

Kankamangus (?) Trail across New Hampshire is really scenic.

88 west out of Albany will take you past Iroquois Museum, Howes Caverns, Baseball Hall of Fame and much more on your way to the Finger Lakes and West to Niagara Falls.

Early fall 'leaf peeper season" is stunning with the hills covered in vibrant red, orange and gold.

That is one of the things I miss is the fall colors we don't get anything like that around here.

Now maybe a little more north / west in the mountains might have color but have not made it that far in the fall yet for work.

Dave ----

Not "to" a truck, or "today." But "with" and "recently"...

We took a 4-day weekend this past weekend to take a short trip in our motorhome. Lesley and I drove up to Moose Lake State Park, about 100 miles north of us, to meet up with some friends.

We brought the dogs this time (usually they stay with one of my sons when we go on vacation). Lesley put a dog mattress between the front seats while we drove and Kenzie (my dog, the black and tan Gordon Setter) laid there pretty much the entire trip. Kirby (Lesley's white and tan Cavalier King Charles spaniel) tried to lay there at times, but Kenzie would tend to lay on top of her when she did. So Kirby ended up deciding that sleeping in the back on the queen size bed was a better plan!

We found that we could stack the kennels between the front seats when we were camping, so that freed up more floor space in the camper. And Kenzie didn't seem to mind getting in and out of the top bunk.

It was hot (at least by Minnesota standards, temps in the low-to mid 90s, dew points in the 70s), so we were glad to have air conditioning! We ran it constantly, but really were never in the camper except to sleep, get food, or change clothes (we ate outside, and even cooked most meals outside).

We weren't towing anything, didn't have any strong winds and I stayed below 65 mph, so I was expecting a little better mileage than we usually get. But the 9.2 mpg I calculated seems too good to be true! And it may be. With only 220miles it was about a third of a tank, so only one fillup. But it was good anyway!

Here's one pic of the camp site and another showing the bunk beds.

DSC_0557.jpg.6c77781639125d33f6833577e04d39e3.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg.65d4c335e1db09aac4534d0d7d085e8f.jpg

Not "to" a truck, or "today." But "with" and "recently"...

We took a 4-day weekend this past weekend to take a short trip in our motorhome. Lesley and I drove up to Moose Lake State Park, about 100 miles north of us, to meet up with some friends.

We brought the dogs this time (usually they stay with one of my sons when we go on vacation). Lesley put a dog mattress between the front seats while we drove and Kenzie (my dog, the black and tan Gordon Setter) laid there pretty much the entire trip. Kirby (Lesley's white and tan Cavalier King Charles spaniel) tried to lay there at times, but Kenzie would tend to lay on top of her when she did. So Kirby ended up deciding that sleeping in the back on the queen size bed was a better plan!

We found that we could stack the kennels between the front seats when we were camping, so that freed up more floor space in the camper. And Kenzie didn't seem to mind getting in and out of the top bunk.

It was hot (at least by Minnesota standards, temps in the low-to mid 90s, dew points in the 70s), so we were glad to have air conditioning! We ran it constantly, but really were never in the camper except to sleep, get food, or change clothes (we ate outside, and even cooked most meals outside).

We weren't towing anything, didn't have any strong winds and I stayed below 65 mph, so I was expecting a little better mileage than we usually get. But the 9.2 mpg I calculated seems too good to be true! And it may be. With only 220miles it was about a third of a tank, so only one fillup. But it was good anyway!

Here's one pic of the camp site and another showing the bunk beds.

That really sounds like fun! Janey and I've thought a lot about an RV, as trips like that would be great now that you really don't want to meet many people, check into hotels, eat in restaurants, etc. So we are envious.

And, 9.2 is extremely good! I'd have been happy with that back in the day with the '72 F250 and a 9 1/2' camper. :nabble_anim_claps:

That really sounds like fun! Janey and I've thought a lot about an RV, as trips like that would be great now that you really don't want to meet many people, check into hotels, eat in restaurants, etc. So we are envious.

And, 9.2 is extremely good! I'd have been happy with that back in the day with the '72 F250 and a 9 1/2' camper. :nabble_anim_claps:

We got a motorhome because much of the time we want to bring the Bronco on vacation. So we either needed to get a camper that the Bronco could tow, or a camper that could tow the Bronco. I don't particularly want to drive the Bronco across country WITHOUT a trailer, so a motorhome it had to be. And we went with an E-450 to get more tow capacity.

With Big Blue instead of a 1971 Bronco, if you are thinking seriously about an RV I'd suggest looking at travel trailers. They are really nice, and a lot cheaper to buy and maintain than a motorhome. It is awfully nice being able to get to the fridge while moving! But the luxury of a motorhome does come at a price.

Plus any motorhome that could bring Big Blue along would be BIG and EXPENSIVE!

We got a motorhome because much of the time we want to bring the Bronco on vacation. So we either needed to get a camper that the Bronco could tow, or a camper that could tow the Bronco. I don't particularly want to drive the Bronco across country WITHOUT a trailer, so a motorhome it had to be. And we went with an E-450 to get more tow capacity.

With Big Blue instead of a 1971 Bronco, if you are thinking seriously about an RV I'd suggest looking at travel trailers. They are really nice, and a lot cheaper to buy and maintain than a motorhome. It is awfully nice being able to get to the fridge while moving! But the luxury of a motorhome does come at a price.

Plus any motorhome that could bring Big Blue along would be BIG and EXPENSIVE!

Yes, if we were to buy an RV it would be a trailer. And a bumper pull. That way either Big Blue or Blue could pull it. If the kids wanted to borrow it they'd take Blue and it could handle anything we've thought about. Plus they'd have room for all three/four of them depending on which set borrows it.

But right now we are just dreaming.

Yes, if we were to buy an RV it would be a trailer. And a bumper pull. That way either Big Blue or Blue could pull it. If the kids wanted to borrow it they'd take Blue and it could handle anything we've thought about. Plus they'd have room for all three/four of them depending on which set borrows it.

But right now we are just dreaming.

One thing to dream about is slide-outs. Our motorhome and our parents newly mouse-proofed travel trailer both have one, but they work out very differently. Ours only slides out about a foot, their's is around 2 feet. The problem with their's is that the camper is only about half usable with the slide in. You can't open the bathroom door at all, can't get to the back bedroom at all, and can't open the fridge door all the way. No biggie when you're in camp, but it would make it a lot harder to use while making a brief stop on the road.

On the other hand our motorhome is completely usable with the slide in. You can get at and open everything. You can't stretch out your legs when sitting on the couch, and you have to take turns being in the kitchen (which is also the hallway to the bedroom ad the bathroom). But we've found that it's important to us to be able to use it while on the road. Of course being a motorhome rather than a trailer we are actually able to use it WHILE on the road... But the point is to look at what is or isn't accessible when the slide(s) is in and decide if that's acceptable to you.

(The plus side of my parent's 2 foot slide is that it does give a LOT of room.)

One thing to dream about is slide-outs. Our motorhome and our parents newly mouse-proofed travel trailer both have one, but they work out very differently. Ours only slides out about a foot, their's is around 2 feet. The problem with their's is that the camper is only about half usable with the slide in. You can't open the bathroom door at all, can't get to the back bedroom at all, and can't open the fridge door all the way. No biggie when you're in camp, but it would make it a lot harder to use while making a brief stop on the road.

On the other hand our motorhome is completely usable with the slide in. You can get at and open everything. You can't stretch out your legs when sitting on the couch, and you have to take turns being in the kitchen (which is also the hallway to the bedroom ad the bathroom). But we've found that it's important to us to be able to use it while on the road. Of course being a motorhome rather than a trailer we are actually able to use it WHILE on the road... But the point is to look at what is or isn't accessible when the slide(s) is in and decide if that's acceptable to you.

(The plus side of my parent's 2 foot slide is that it does give a LOT of room.)

Good point. If we get to looking we'll be sure to think through the accessibility with the slide in. We did enough road trips with the '72 to know that you have to be able to get to the fridge when you stop at the grocery store before getting to the campground, so that's a necessity. As is the bathroom. Thanks!

Good point. If we get to looking we'll be sure to think through the accessibility with the slide in. We did enough road trips with the '72 to know that you have to be able to get to the fridge when you stop at the grocery store before getting to the campground, so that's a necessity. As is the bathroom. Thanks!

Our 5th wheel had a slide out, it was the living room couch/bed and the dinette. You could get to everything you needed to at a stop, refrigerator and bathroom.

Our 5th wheel had a slide out, it was the living room couch/bed and the dinette. You could get to everything you needed to at a stop, refrigerator and bathroom.
Interesting to read similar considerations across the ocean. Originally I booked a motorbike tour in California for June this year but I wasn‘t allowed to enter the US due to Covid hence it was cancelled. Alternatively we bought a VW California Ocean which is a camper van with a full kitchen and a roof top bedroom for 2. It is rather small compared to your US RVs but serves our family very well over here as a kind of travel mobile to explore more of Europe. 

image0.jpeg.c58f50703619063c65134ea1fdd8bc67.jpeg