Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I am off on vacation this week and I'm supposed to be working on my truck finishing up some little tasks and projects, but all I have been doing is driving it! lol. I couldn't wait to drive out to the junkyard this morning and then run some errands. The wife gave me a list and I took off and ran like a thief. I've put 1200+ miles on it in the past month, and another fill up this morning and mileage was an even 17 mpg. I've been running my gauge down pretty hard on Empty, and it has been taking about 14 gallons to fill, so that is not so bad. I probably still have a little reserve in there. With a range of about 250 miles, I'm fine with the little 16 gallon tank for all that I do with the truck. Even if I do get the opportunity to take it on a trip sometime, I'll need breaks at least every 250 miles if not sooner;).

IMG_0875.jpg.026e5b8229ca65b43c669e41328c2ff4.jpg

Going to finish wiring in my new Kenwood and speakers this week, and hopefully get the inner door panels back on this weekend after my SEM paint(s) arrive (hopefully on Friday). I got the new door seals in last night, so I guess I accomplished that much. After that, I think I'll order a new carpet...once the old mule is quieted down a bit inside it will be an even bigger treat to drive.

Well, I'm happy for them that business is so good they can turn me away...but it's still annoying.

Still, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. My regular NTB was happy to take my call, and they have me slotted in for 4pm tomorrow, assuming all my tires are in attendance by then.

I've bought my last four sets of tires from Ebay, and my local tire shop has never had a problem mounting them. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I am off on vacation this week and I'm supposed to be working on my truck finishing up some little tasks and projects, but all I have been doing is driving it! lol. I couldn't wait to drive out to the junkyard this morning and then run some errands. The wife gave me a list and I took off and ran like a thief. I've put 1200+ miles on it in the past month, and another fill up this morning and mileage was an even 17 mpg. I've been running my gauge down pretty hard on Empty, and it has been taking about 14 gallons to fill, so that is not so bad. I probably still have a little reserve in there. With a range of about 250 miles, I'm fine with the little 16 gallon tank for all that I do with the truck. Even if I do get the opportunity to take it on a trip sometime, I'll need breaks at least every 250 miles if not sooner;).

Going to finish wiring in my new Kenwood and speakers this week, and hopefully get the inner door panels back on this weekend after my SEM paint(s) arrive (hopefully on Friday). I got the new door seals in last night, so I guess I accomplished that much. After that, I think I'll order a new carpet...once the old mule is quieted down a bit inside it will be an even bigger treat to drive.

Cory - You are sneaking up on 17.5!

I'm envious of you getting to drive your truck. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Shaun - Our guy Steve/Foxford33 works at the local tire shop, Tate Boys. I just can't buy elsewhere.

Gary,

I am absolutely loving it. I had people waving at me today, giving me a thumbs up, asking what year it was, etc. It's nice to run around with it, using it as a daily driver, and getting compliments on it while I do. It doesn't leak or drip a single drop of anything. Bone dry underneath. Doesn't rattle or squeak. The fluid levels never change. I'm confident enough in the truck now I'd drive it across the country without hesitation.

I now need to work on creature comforts that will enhance the experience. As much as I love the bare bones feel of the truck, I do need to get the stereo installed, and the delay wiper module, a 12v socket for charging cell phones, cup holders, and cruise control, etc.

Shaun - Our guy Steve/Foxford33 works at the local tire shop, Tate Boys. I just can't buy elsewhere.

Gary, how long has it been since you've had a driveable Bullnose?

Gary, how long has it been since you've had a driveable Bullnose?

I went back to the start of the thread and scrolled through. Was up to June 15th of last year and still working on things off the '95 D60. So it hasn't quite been a year. Maybe I can get it going by the end of a year?

I went back to the start of the thread and scrolled through. Was up to June 15th of last year and still working on things off the '95 D60. So it hasn't quite been a year. Maybe I can get it going by the end of a year?

I just wanna see Dad's truck finished. Feels like I've been watching that show for ten years with no end in sight. :nabble_smiley_unhappy: