Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

A hobby.A part time jobA full time jobA career.A lifelong passion And a disorder....There's a lot of middle ground there.
My career was in managing IT professionals, so I think I'd have to exclude the part time job, the full time job, and the career. And, it hasn't been a lifelong passion.

So that doesn't leave much between:

A hobby

A part time job

A full time job

A career

A lifelong passion

And a disorder....

:nabble_anim_confused:

My career was in managing IT professionals, so I think I'd have to exclude the part time job, the full time job, and the career. And, it hasn't been a lifelong passion.

So that doesn't leave much between:

A hobby

A part time job

A full time job

A career

A lifelong passion

And a disorder....

:nabble_anim_confused:
You've said before you don't want (or think you need) help, so be as obsessive as you like.I'm sure Janey knows it keeps you out of trouble. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You've said before you don't want (or think you need) help, so be as obsessive as you like.

I'm sure Janey knows it keeps you out of trouble. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Oh no! Somehow I've conveyed the wrong message. I DO need help, in oh so many ways:

• You and the other admins help dramatically

• All of y'all that answer questions help way more than you could ever know. In the beginning I felt like I needed to not only read but respond to every question. But you folks have picked up the gauntlet and are answering most of them yourselves, which frees me to work on the website itself as well as get things done on my truck(s). I feel like we've turned a big corner.

• Organization: I know there are better ways to do it, I just don't know what they are. Recently I created a new page and Shaun, thank goodness, pointed out that I already had that info on another page. And there are lots of times I can't find what I know we have. So I need help organizing things. I can do the background work of getting into the right spots, but need to have some help figuring out where and what those spots might be.

• Correction: I get things wrong, so I appreciate the gentle, or not so gentle, nudges to correct my mistakes.

As for keeping out of trouble, let's just say she knows where I am and what I'm up to. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Oh no! Somehow I've conveyed the wrong message. I DO need help, in oh so many ways:

• You and the other admins help dramatically

• All of y'all that answer questions help way more than you could ever know. In the beginning I felt like I needed to not only read but respond to every question. But you folks have picked up the gauntlet and are answering most of them yourselves, which frees me to work on the website itself as well as get things done on my truck(s). I feel like we've turned a big corner.

• Organization: I know there are better ways to do it, I just don't know what they are. Recently I created a new page and Shaun, thank goodness, pointed out that I already had that info on another page. And there are lots of times I can't find what I know we have. So I need help organizing things. I can do the background work of getting into the right spots, but need to have some help figuring out where and what those spots might be.

• Correction: I get things wrong, so I appreciate the gentle, or not so gentle, nudges to correct my mistakes.

As for keeping out of trouble, let's just say she knows where I am and what I'm up to. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I am going out a limb here but my guess is that before Bullnoses, it was something else, and something else before that, . . .

I am going out a limb here but my guess is that before Bullnoses, it was something else, and something else before that, . . .

I took Jim's "help" comment to be of the medical persuasion :nabble_smiley_happy:

Starliner - a coworker made the comment a few years ago that he wasn't obsessed with [X], he was just hyper interested.

I like to think there is a difference. My wife disagrees.

I took Jim's "help" comment to be of the medical persuasion :nabble_smiley_happy:

Starliner - a coworker made the comment a few years ago that he wasn't obsessed with [X], he was just hyper interested.

I like to think there is a difference. My wife disagrees.

Been there.

It's a tough sell. Its all in your delivery, and NEVER blink. If you "believe " what you are selling you have a chance.

If you are still married, I'm not telling you anything you haven't already mastered.

Been there.

It's a tough sell. Its all in your delivery, and NEVER blink. If you "believe " what you are selling you have a chance.

If you are still married, I'm not telling you anything you haven't already mastered.

Well, I don't think I've EVER been into anything this far. Probably 'cause I had a job that at one point in time had me turning in over 100 hours/week. So there was just no time for anything else.

However, it is my my genes. My mother collected brick. Yes, brick. And the plural of "brick" is "brick". If you don't believe me just ask the International Brick Collector's Association, of which my mother was a major player.

I just went to their site and found something that gave me goose bumps. The pic below is from their home page and is their Summer 2004 publication and has my mother's brick on it. I'm sure of that 'cause I hand painted that Columbia Kansas one in the lower right corner.

So, it is natural that I'm into something. And since Dad had an '81 F150 he loved, I guess that's my story.

bjournal.gif.25317640a9e7872fd722062669d73e50.gif

Well, I don't think I've EVER been into anything this far. Probably 'cause I had a job that at one point in time had me turning in over 100 hours/week. So there was just no time for anything else.

However, it is my my genes. My mother collected brick. Yes, brick. And the plural of "brick" is "brick". If you don't believe me just ask the International Brick Collector's Association, of which my mother was a major player.

I just went to their site and found something that gave me goose bumps. The pic below is from their home page and is their Summer 2004 publication and has my mother's brick on it. I'm sure of that 'cause I hand painted that Columbia Kansas one in the lower right corner.

So, it is natural that I'm into something. And since Dad had an '81 F150 he loved, I guess that's my story.

Snapchat-800925887.thumb.jpg.194a2dbefc51ddf26843da23a5b22888.jpg

FB_IMG_1589744776822.thumb.jpg.12e1b286fa32f83500eaf41a9460cbc8.jpg

Little bondo action until we replace the bedside. Did some sheet metal repair over the wheel arch as well.

Gary

I live near Boston and stayed overnight on an island in Boston Harbow called Lovells, (next to George's Island). I couldn't believe the assortment to old brick which, obviously came from Old Boston. I remember picking some up, (mostly pieces), and looking at Boston and wondering what its story was.

Nice plastic work, I have some to do to my 05 Ranger now that spring has sprung.

Gary

I live near Boston and stayed overnight on an island in Boston Harbow called Lovells, (next to George's Island). I couldn't believe the assortment to old brick which, obviously came from Old Boston. I remember picking some up, (mostly pieces), and looking at Boston and wondering what its story was.

Nice plastic work, I have some to do to my 05 Ranger now that spring has sprung.

Angelo - It'll look lots better with the holes filled, but are you going to paint it or leave it in primer?

Starliner - IBCA brick collectors are looking for pavers, not building brick. So in a pile of brick like what you saw they'd be going through there looking them over closely. Pavers weren't used very often in buildings, but were there sometimes like in corners and door openings.

And brick are HEAVY! So they typically weren't used very far from where they were made - except along rail lines. So somewhere around Boston there was a brick plant, probably near a deposit of clay.