Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The steps are used on the later year trucks and have not heard of them getting hung up on anything.

Then again maybe it has to do with the way they look on a flare side as the style side is flat down the whole side?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-ACCY-SLIDING-CAB-STEP-1980-1990-F150-F250-F350-BIG-BRONCO-EOTZ-9920092-A/264058081967?epid=1123983146&hash=item3d7b1692af:g:ApIAAOSwEVtb-Xl9

Thanks but think I am forgoing the steps on my truck just will not look right on the flare side.

Dave ----

Yeah I looked at the saddle stirrup style steps but I just don't think any step would look good on my flareside. Im not even sure my flareside will look good with the ralley grill guard if I do end up putting a roll bar in the bed. Might be pulling it off if it doesn't look right to me.

In other news, I am debating myself internally on if I want to go ahead and use my paypal credit and order from jegs my gold holley 4150 sniper stealth kit. Part of me is saying go for it then when things pick up hopefully I will have the money to pay off the remainder of the stealth kit and then pick up the other parts I will need such as tank and sending unit (which I am seriously contemplating if I want to go with a '85-'86 tank since I could have swore they had baffling in them for the fuel injection) and the actual shortblock.

Right now I find myself leaning quite a bit towards just getting the blueprint 306 short block cause I cant trust anyone else online and blueprint at least is a big company that is quite well known online.

Yeah I looked at the saddle stirrup style steps but I just don't think any step would look good on my flareside. Im not even sure my flareside will look good with the ralley grill guard if I do end up putting a roll bar in the bed. Might be pulling it off if it doesn't look right to me.

In other news, I am debating myself internally on if I want to go ahead and use my paypal credit and order from jegs my gold holley 4150 sniper stealth kit. Part of me is saying go for it then when things pick up hopefully I will have the money to pay off the remainder of the stealth kit and then pick up the other parts I will need such as tank and sending unit (which I am seriously contemplating if I want to go with a '85-'86 tank since I could have swore they had baffling in them for the fuel injection) and the actual shortblock.

Right now I find myself leaning quite a bit towards just getting the blueprint 306 short block cause I cant trust anyone else online and blueprint at least is a big company that is quite well known online.

Didn't do anything for myself today, but went with a friend to load up his new 410ci Modified for this '78 F250. TMeyer pistons, Tickflow 195cc heads and a full roller cam conversion. Should be a nice upgrade for pulling his race car trailer.

Didn't do anything for myself today, but went with a friend to load up his new 410ci Modified for this '78 F250. TMeyer pistons, Tickflow 195cc heads and a full roller cam conversion. Should be a nice upgrade for pulling his race car trailer.

Sounds pretty sweet Angelo!

If anybody's been wondering where I am with 'Lil Red, I've been dealing with my years of abuse and neglect.

I was killing myself trying to get the fenders lined up.

On closer inspection many of the spot welds were blown out of the radiator support and the lower corners of the rad opening were torn.

Tear it down

Weld it up

Repaint the radiator support.

It's raining now

My 10x10 pop up is out there.

The quick and dirty paint job is out of the weather.

I really love this cheap purple Horrid Fate HVLP gun!

Going to buy another one and a larger tip for primer the next time they are going for $9.95.

Well I did it. pulled the trigger and now got a brand new gold finish sniper stealth 4150 coming in. My paypal credit doesn't like it considering it eats up nearly 80% of my credit line but only way to bump that credit line up so I can get my short block through paypal credit.

so another step closer to my completed recently changed 306 build. everything else for fuel injection amounts to less than $600 which I can order out of pocket once work picks back up. the engine how ever will be put on credit as well. Im past the point of caring about trying not to pay interest. Buddy told me that everyone lives on debt and if you don't have debt you aren't living then as you aren't doing anything. Very true I have to say cause your average person cant run out and pay cash for a Holley Sniper Stealth at the drop of the hat.

Short block I think I will just probably go with blueprint and their 306 short block. I just cant trust all these other independent shops I find online at least with blueprint I know lots of people have bought from them before with no complaints. Could do local but everything is 6 months to a year before they will even get to me or they require me to do all the leg work to source a buildable 302 roller block core.

Well I did it. pulled the trigger and now got a brand new gold finish sniper stealth 4150 coming in. My paypal credit doesn't like it considering it eats up nearly 80% of my credit line but only way to bump that credit line up so I can get my short block through paypal credit.

so another step closer to my completed recently changed 306 build. everything else for fuel injection amounts to less than $600 which I can order out of pocket once work picks back up. the engine how ever will be put on credit as well. Im past the point of caring about trying not to pay interest. Buddy told me that everyone lives on debt and if you don't have debt you aren't living then as you aren't doing anything. Very true I have to say cause your average person cant run out and pay cash for a Holley Sniper Stealth at the drop of the hat.

Short block I think I will just probably go with blueprint and their 306 short block. I just cant trust all these other independent shops I find online at least with blueprint I know lots of people have bought from them before with no complaints. Could do local but everything is 6 months to a year before they will even get to me or they require me to do all the leg work to source a buildable 302 roller block core.

It looks like my bolts are out for delivery USPS.

Maybe I'll actually get my truck back together today! :nabble_anim_jump:

Did you know you can see a photograph of any piece of mail in the system addressed to you?

That's got to take an incredible amount of computing power and data.

Did you know you can see a photograph of any piece of mail in the system addressed to you?

Rusty - I can’t wait for the thread when you install that system. :nabble_anim_jump:

Jim - I hope you get it on the road today. 👍

But tell me more about seeing a pic of the mail. How do you do that?

It ain't perfect that’s for sure!

usps.com, set up an account, I believe is all you need to do.

Rusty - I can’t wait for the thread when you install that system. :nabble_anim_jump:

(quote)Did you know you can see a photograph of any piece of mail in the system addressed to you?

Ain't teknology wunnerfull !!!

Same here. I am thinking of taking the premade Holley harness and chopping it up. Since I have this small fuse/relay box I have to figure out a place to mount it under the hood I have a couple relays left over I think I want to have the relay in the box vs bolting the relay to the fender.

Was the whole point of getting the relay box was I hated having three relays hanging off the fender. I just am a little apprehensive of routing the blue fuel pump power wire from the relay down along the frame to the fuel tank. part of me is concerned it might interfere with some other electronics being wired through the auxiliary box as well such as my cb and cb amp.

I did get a lot of hands on experience at work this last couple weeks making looms up with this woven loom material that I like. I got the loom material just wasn't sure how I would do the break outs for break out wires that have to go another direction. Well I think I got that down pat and it looks so nice having that same loom material hiding the pigtails coming out of the sniper.

Im also anxious to sit my NOS aircleaner on the throttlebody and see how it fits. It has locating cutouts for OE aircleaners and it states it fits most stock air cleaners. I don't think I should have a problem as the dimensions of it is basically a 4150 holley which isn't much different in dimensions than a ford 4100 carb.

This is the fuse/relay box I got, wasn't too expensive and it is universal and fairly compact. Holds 6 fuses and 6 relays with 5 relays being your traditional relays and a 6th one being a unique relay that I had originally planned on using for my choke on my summit carb. Have to see if that relay is the same amperage rating as the one supplied via holley then ill just splice the fused circuit through the fuse and to the relay and out to the fuel pump.

fuse_box_1.thumb.jpg.642fa5586273126e3d55e3a6d0a41692.jpg