Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Changed plugs, wires, cap and rotor after I suddenly realized the last time any of that was done was when I converted to EFI in 2011.

lol I realized that with my 2150 carb when I pulled and rebuilt it a few years ago before I parked the truck I realized the carb hadn't been rebuilt nor touched since the rebuilt engine was installed back in 93.

lol I realized that with my 2150 carb when I pulled and rebuilt it a few years ago before I parked the truck I realized the carb hadn't been rebuilt nor touched since the rebuilt engine was installed back in 93.

I was thinking of running boards like this, not for me but the wife as I need to carry a folding step when she rides in the truck, but I don't like the look of it now. I also don't think the "hoop" type would look good either. I also could not find this type board cheap.

IMG_0727.jpg.fec5840c3922bc15dd5dad988c8c8d3f.jpg\

A while back I lost 1 of the AC compressor brackets off the motor bracket.

At work we have a "scrap trailer" they use to make dump runs and I have been checking it for scrap I could use to make a new bracket. I came across a thick sheet of alum that would work.

Sunday it was time to make the new bracket or brackets.

If making 1 how much harder is it to make 2 and they have to match, cant have 1 alum and the other steel.

I think it took longer to cut the 2 parts from the sheet using my air saw than doing the rest of the work.

The black one is the factory part.

20200503_155511.jpg.71378b43e134f4adef7a8a2b12591194.jpg

Still need to get the compressor, the 2 manifolds the hoses go on to, maybe some hoses as I don't know what I have will fit as I am changing types of compressors and a few other little things.

Dave ----

I was thinking of running boards like this, not for me but the wife as I need to carry a folding step when she rides in the truck, but I don't like the look of it now. I also don't think the "hoop" type would look good either. I also could not find this type board cheap.

\

A while back I lost 1 of the AC compressor brackets off the motor bracket.

At work we have a "scrap trailer" they use to make dump runs and I have been checking it for scrap I could use to make a new bracket. I came across a thick sheet of alum that would work.

Sunday it was time to make the new bracket or brackets.

If making 1 how much harder is it to make 2 and they have to match, cant have 1 alum and the other steel.

I think it took longer to cut the 2 parts from the sheet using my air saw than doing the rest of the work.

The black one is the factory part.

Still need to get the compressor, the 2 manifolds the hoses go on to, maybe some hoses as I don't know what I have will fit as I am changing types of compressors and a few other little things.

Dave ----

The brackets look great, Dave. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

On those running boards, while I dislike them less then the aluminum ones, they look like they are a prime candidate for hitting something. Ditto the hoop ones.

The brackets look great, Dave. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

On those running boards, while I dislike them less then the aluminum ones, they look like they are a prime candidate for hitting something. Ditto the hoop ones.

The steps are used on the later year trucks and have not heard of them getting hung up on anything.

Then again maybe it has to do with the way they look on a flare side as the style side is flat down the whole side?

Even if I have a running board or step I still have to help her in as I don't have or plan on adding grab handles. Then again she has grab handles for me to help her in with :nabble_smiley_evil:

Thanks on the brackets I had a hard time finding my square drill bit for the square holes :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Dave ----

The steps are used on the later year trucks and have not heard of them getting hung up on anything.

Then again maybe it has to do with the way they look on a flare side as the style side is flat down the whole side?

Even if I have a running board or step I still have to help her in as I don't have or plan on adding grab handles. Then again she has grab handles for me to help her in with :nabble_smiley_evil:

Thanks on the brackets I had a hard time finding my square drill bit for the square holes :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Dave ----

Your square bit did a good job. Gonna have to get one of those! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Was watching while I drilled the spacer for Big Blue yesterday. Cool that I can drill holes and yet the bit doesn't even turn. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Your square bit did a good job. Gonna have to get one of those! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Was watching while I drilled the spacer for Big Blue yesterday. Cool that I can drill holes and yet the bit doesn't even turn. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Don't remember where I got these, they were about $100..ebay I think work pretty good, not hung on anything yet, of course I don't go offroad.

Board_finished.thumb.jpg.54868cd445c13bbe98f553db101fdf3e.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-ACCY-SLIDING-CAB-STEP-1980-1990-F150-F250-F350-BIG-BRONCO-EOTZ-9920092-A/264058081967?epid=1123983146&hash=item3d7b1692af:g:ApIAAOSwEVtb-Xl9

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-ACCY-SLIDING-CAB-STEP-1980-1990-F150-F250-F350-BIG-BRONCO-EOTZ-9920092-A/264058081967?epid=1123983146&hash=item3d7b1692af:g:ApIAAOSwEVtb-Xl9

Thanks but think I am forgoing the steps on my truck just will not look right on the flare side.

Dave ----