Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

If you think the cowl is the source of the leak, then it might not be a bad idea to put it in there - when it is dry.

Or, perhaps the sealing you did fixed it?

I jammed my phone up behind the pedals and took some pics.

It looks wet.

I had to lay in a puddle. 🤬

Rain off and on all day.

Supposed to be dry tomorrow.

Hopefully I can blow everything out with my compressor and reseal the trough.

I jammed my phone up behind the pedals and took some pics.

It looks wet.

I had to lay in a puddle. 🤬

Rain off and on all day.

Supposed to be dry tomorrow.

Hopefully I can blow everything out with my compressor and reseal the trough.

Bummer!

Yes, it is raining off and on all day here today as well. Brandon just called and it is pouring in BA, but just sprinkling here. However, this afternoon is to get "fun".

On about day four of working on a reproduction/restomod emission decal for my truck.

Already had some tell me its not legal even though truck is exempt from emissions and no one even checks the label anyways.

All I have left to do how ever is to recreate the vacuum hose routing. Mine is fairly hard to read so I don't know what color was for what hose nor where all the hoses goes. not that it matters as lots of the hoses wont be added in on this label as those systems wont be functional nor even installed with the new engine.

On about day four of working on a reproduction/restomod emission decal for my truck.

Already had some tell me its not legal even though truck is exempt from emissions and no one even checks the label anyways.

All I have left to do how ever is to recreate the vacuum hose routing. Mine is fairly hard to read so I don't know what color was for what hose nor where all the hoses goes. not that it matters as lots of the hoses wont be added in on this label as those systems wont be functional nor even installed with the new engine.

I think I've found it!

IMG_20200425_075143.thumb.jpg.1633deb14541f4a7abde0c3991fa0f67.jpg

After scrubbing out the cowl with denatured alcohol and a tooth brush you can see the fissure above.

SikaFlex applied

IMG_20200425_080933.thumb.jpg.81aecc0b47b3311c8054ce6bbce4a15d.jpg

And as it begins to crawl and flow out.

IMG_20200425_081234.thumb.jpg.b0f6ecc3e5322b366034325dface7397.jpg

I'm still considering a body plug where the water has been collecting, at the front of the weather strip channel.

I'll hit the whole cowl with another coat of leak stop once this skins over.

On to reassembly and paint!

Cool! Show us what you are doing! Maybe others will want one? Would be neat if you created a simplified one for those of us with just the basics.

As for colors, there are several of the diagrams show on the pages here: Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems/Vacuum Diagrams and then the various engines. Some of those have a bit of color.

I think I've found it!

On to reassembly and paint!

Yippee!!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Yes, that sure looks like it would leak. Well done!

How would it do if you cleaned it with lacquer thinner, or any good cleaner and spray bedliner in there? You can get bedliner in a small spray can, which looks like just enough to do the job. Just an afterthought.

Bill

How would it do if you cleaned it with lacquer thinner, or any good cleaner and spray bedliner in there? You can get bedliner in a small spray can, which looks like just enough to do the job. Just an afterthought.

Bill

I'd already sprayed it with Rustoleum Leak Stop and didn't want a gooey mess so I cleaned it out with alcohol.

There's no way I'm ever getting all the Leak Stop out of there, but now that it's as clean as I can get, I'll put another coat.

That crack is right where the firewall collapsed over the seam, so now that I jacked it up and welded new metal in I'm hoping it doesn't reappear.

The SikaFlex will seep in and cure.

Then I'll lay down a couple more coats of Leak Stop.

Cool! Show us what you are doing! Maybe others will want one? Would be neat if you created a simplified one for those of us with just the basics.

As for colors, there are several of the diagrams show on the pages here: Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems/Vacuum Diagrams and then the various engines. Some of those have a bit of color.

Sure this is what I have so far after removing the Mustang vacuum hose diagram. I haven't settled on everything yet. I am going to call up Magnaflow to see if their 85 - 95 F-150/Bronco Y pipe with converter is using a OE spec converter or if its a aftermarket high flow performance converter. If it is then I will use that and where I deleted "Catalyst" in place of the HO firing order I would revert back to "Catalyst" since the truck would have a converter again.

Hopefully too much detail hasn't been lost. I had to resize it down to thumbnail to get it under 1mb as I scanned the NOS/reproduction decal at 1200 dpi for maximium clarity.

1982_F150_Emission_Decal_-_wip_3-1_Resized_2.bmp

And this is what I started with resized down to thumnail size to post.

82_Mustang_Emission_Decal_-_resized.jpg.d45e6916c9e2e95d66b6f0f3f7def358.jpg

Im still working on it, some things I don't like but I did reshape some of decal such as the divider between "curb idle AC" and "Curb idle" which was not there on the mustang but is there on my original truck decal. I also reused the OE part number even though it is not 100% authentic to OE as I made changes to reflect my truck such as engine says "5.O HO" which is what the motor will be with the HO/351W firing order roller cam I am using. I also used the OE 5.0 carbed engine family number as I didn't know what to use other than that. I tried having it say "Windsor Small Block" but it just didn't look right. Just like the firing order where catalyst was at just doesn't look right to me either, thankfully I haven't flattened the saved photo in photobucket so I can go back and make changes to text still.

Another thing all text has been typed out by me except for the ford oval, the Ford Motor Company at the top, the Evaporative family line, Engine Family, Engine Displacement, Spark Plug, Gap, Shift Sched. Trans. gear, neutral, drive, rpm for engine with less than 100 miles, ignition timing *btdc, and vacuum hose routing and front of vehicle. The *BTDC I cant change as I cant figure out how to do the * symbol with the text auto selected by photoshop as being the closest match to the text in the decal.

I also retyped out all the text for the carb adjustments as the mustang had extra steps than the truck and the text was slightly different.

Im also thinking about doing a reproduction of my old decal as well since I will be buying a new grill panel to replace my OE one so I wont have to destroy my original one if I make a reproduction then I would take the time to remove it and put a reproduction on it. Only thing that I am not sure about is the printing. Not sure which way to go on it that will be color stable as well as chemical resistant as well as heat resistant. That bridge I will cross when the time comes I think.

On the vacuum hose routing I looked at the page but didn't see a close match to mine. I can read mine its just colors are faded some routings are very hard to see but the biggest problem is what colors some of the hoses were as I would like to use the proper colors if possible.

Emission_Decal.thumb.jpg.a65bcecca3c788ceee6ff872b594cecb.jpg

Sure this is what I have so far after removing the Mustang vacuum hose diagram. I haven't settled on everything yet. I am going to call up Magnaflow to see if their 85 - 95 F-150/Bronco Y pipe with converter is using a OE spec converter or if its a aftermarket high flow performance converter. If it is then I will use that and where I deleted "Catalyst" in place of the HO firing order I would revert back to "Catalyst" since the truck would have a converter again.

Hopefully too much detail hasn't been lost. I had to resize it down to thumbnail to get it under 1mb as I scanned the NOS/reproduction decal at 1200 dpi for maximium clarity.

And this is what I started with resized down to thumnail size to post.

Im still working on it, some things I don't like but I did reshape some of decal such as the divider between "curb idle AC" and "Curb idle" which was not there on the mustang but is there on my original truck decal. I also reused the OE part number even though it is not 100% authentic to OE as I made changes to reflect my truck such as engine says "5.O HO" which is what the motor will be with the HO/351W firing order roller cam I am using. I also used the OE 5.0 carbed engine family number as I didn't know what to use other than that. I tried having it say "Windsor Small Block" but it just didn't look right. Just like the firing order where catalyst was at just doesn't look right to me either, thankfully I haven't flattened the saved photo in photobucket so I can go back and make changes to text still.

Another thing all text has been typed out by me except for the ford oval, the Ford Motor Company at the top, the Evaporative family line, Engine Family, Engine Displacement, Spark Plug, Gap, Shift Sched. Trans. gear, neutral, drive, rpm for engine with less than 100 miles, ignition timing *btdc, and vacuum hose routing and front of vehicle. The *BTDC I cant change as I cant figure out how to do the * symbol with the text auto selected by photoshop as being the closest match to the text in the decal.

I also retyped out all the text for the carb adjustments as the mustang had extra steps than the truck and the text was slightly different.

Im also thinking about doing a reproduction of my old decal as well since I will be buying a new grill panel to replace my OE one so I wont have to destroy my original one if I make a reproduction then I would take the time to remove it and put a reproduction on it. Only thing that I am not sure about is the printing. Not sure which way to go on it that will be color stable as well as chemical resistant as well as heat resistant. That bridge I will cross when the time comes I think.

On the vacuum hose routing I looked at the page but didn't see a close match to mine. I can read mine its just colors are faded some routings are very hard to see but the biggest problem is what colors some of the hoses were as I would like to use the proper colors if possible.

Rusty, Ford's vacuum colors were pretty universal.

Red is manifold vacuum.

Green is EGR & emissions

White is ported vacuum

Etc..

I know Gary has a bunch of routing/compliance stickers archived here.

It shouldn't take much to find what you need.

I know that mine and Bill's look more like a bowl of tri-colore spaghetti than a diagram.