Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Did the windshield sealer not set right? What I would do, and this is what we do at Ford, is take your garden hose and set it on the roof of the truck and turn it on, then get in the truck and shut the door quickly, and start watching for leaks. Its easier if you have a helper.

Used my truck for a Rockchuck relocation. Caught the little bugger this evening.

He was in my wood pile. So I’m thinking Woodchuck. Dang Woodchucks, quit chuckin’ my wood!

Plus the neighbor calls this morning and there’s a stupid deer in my yard! Got over the six foot fence, but couldn’t get back out.

Felt like Marlin Perkins. “Now my assistant Jim will wrestle the Bengal Tiger to the ground!”

Used my truck for a Rockchuck relocation. Caught the little bugger this evening.

He was in my wood pile. So I’m thinking Woodchuck. Dang Woodchucks, quit chuckin’ my wood!

Plus the neighbor calls this morning and there’s a stupid deer in my yard! Got over the six foot fence, but couldn’t get back out.

Felt like Marlin Perkins. “Now my assistant Jim will wrestle the Bengal Tiger to the ground!”

Didn't do much except get it ready to pull the plow off...anyone have problems with the drop bracket bolts hitting the axle? I only just noticed...didn't install them. Had a shop do it when it went in for alignment.

Did the windshield sealer not set right? What I would do, and this is what we do at Ford, is take your garden hose and set it on the roof of the truck and turn it on, then get in the truck and shut the door quickly, and start watching for leaks. Its easier if you have a helper.

Angelo, I think that's exactly what I need to do.

I'm going to turn on the hydrant out in the paddock this morning and see if I can find it.

First I'm going to put on my new little magnetic work light, while it's still dark, and close the hood.

While that won't help much finding a convoluted path, it's a lot easier to seal up something dry than having to blow moisture out of a crevice so sealant will stick.

Angelo, I think that's exactly what I need to do.

I'm going to turn on the hydrant out in the paddock this morning and see if I can find it.

First I'm going to put on my new little magnetic work light, while it's still dark, and close the hood.

While that won't help much finding a convoluted path, it's a lot easier to seal up something dry than having to blow moisture out of a crevice so sealant will stick.

We are stilllllllll getting light snow. Buy it's safe to say it's time for 35s :nabble_smiley_evil:

We are stilllllllll getting light snow.

We got a dusting yesterday as well. It is SO gross in April...lol.

Dane - Did the woodchuck get lead poisoning? How did you relocate him? How'd you get the deer out?

Angelo & Cory - Snow!? We keep getting warm days that make me think it is time to de-winterize the boat, and then another frost or freeze. And RAIN! We probably got 2" yesterday.

Jim - While I think the light is worth a try, I'll bet it takes the hose. You are right about the convoluted path not letting the light through. But good luck!

.... Angelo & Cory - Snow!? We keep getting warm days that make me think it is time to de-winterize the boat, and then another frost or freeze. And RAIN! We probably got 2" yesterday....

It hit 70 here yesterday, but we got 6" of snow last week. And there was ice on the dogs outside water dish on Tuesday morning. So IF winter is gone from here (and that's big IF), it's just barely gone.

Dane - Did the woodchuck get lead poisoning? How did you relocate him? How'd you get the deer out?

Angelo & Cory - Snow!? We keep getting warm days that make me think it is time to de-winterize the boat, and then another frost or freeze. And RAIN! We probably got 2" yesterday.

Jim - While I think the light is worth a try, I'll bet it takes the hose. You are right about the convoluted path not letting the light through. But good luck!

Gary,

I still haven't found an obvious path.

I have a big tube of SikaFlex LM though.

Self leveling sealant will find its way, even if I can't.

But I need to know where to start.

I put the kick cover back in after a quick shot of paint and fresh gasket, with some Ultra Grey on the screws.

Put the parking brake assy back in too.

100% rain this afternoon.

So I'll have to see when I get back from work.

Gary,

I still haven't found an obvious path.

I have a big tube of SikaFlex LM though.

Self leveling sealant will find its way, even if I can't.

But I need to know where to start.

I put the kick cover back in after a quick shot of paint and fresh gasket, with some Ultra Grey on the screws.

Put the parking brake assy back in too.

100% rain this afternoon.

So I'll have to see when I get back from work.

I'd shove a handful of paper towels, tissues, or toilet paper up high in the firewall between the insulation mat and the bottom of the cowl channel to see if it picks up any moisture.