Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The wind died down towards evening, so I managed to get some priming/sealing and a few more pieces of the puzzle in place.

Fin!

Today was intake and valve cover gaskets, new distributor and thermostat. And some more diagnostic tests to hopefully find an end to the electrical nightmare! I think I am on the right road now.

The wind died down towards evening, so I managed to get some priming/sealing and a few more pieces of the puzzle in place.

Fin!

Jim - Congrat's! Obviously you have a bit more to do but, to borrow someone's phrase, progress is good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Greg - More layers peeled on the onion! You are getting and it'll run great, soon. :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim - Congrat's! Obviously you have a bit more to do but, to borrow someone's phrase, progress is good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Greg - More layers peeled on the onion! You are getting and it'll run great, soon. :nabble_smiley_good:

Oh, no

I've got a bunch more underneath to do, and paint, and a fender, before I can put the seat back in and drive her.

There's nothing like sparks and hot slag rolling up your sleeves and off the helmet onto your chest every time the wind changes direction and the gas blows away.

I have been peppered pretty well, and my frustration/exhaustion level is rising.

Have I mentioned how much I hate working outside, in the dirt???

I'm getting too old for this.

Correction, I AM too old for this.

But I've got to finish, and soon.

Oh, no

I've got a bunch more underneath to do, and paint, and a fender, before I can put the seat back in and drive her.

There's nothing like sparks and hot slag rolling up your sleeves and off the helmet onto your chest every time the wind changes direction and the gas blows away.

I have been peppered pretty well, and my frustration/exhaustion level is rising.

Makes me think my dad and I are crazy for doing everything outside. Dont have the luxury of fitting the whole thing in the garage.

Oh, no

Makes me think my dad and I are crazy for doing everything outside. Dont have the luxury of fitting the whole thing in the garage.

Not crazy Angelo.

It is what it is...

I've been a bit stir crazy due to the lockdown, and have needed to get this done for too long now.

I have the parts, and the time.

Just that April is all about wind and rain, it seems.

Ray says, I'm a cranky old man.

What am I to do?

Shake my fist at the clouds???

Not crazy Angelo.

It is what it is...

I've been a bit stir crazy due to the lockdown, and have needed to get this done for too long now.

I have the parts, and the time.

Just that April is all about wind and rain, it seems.

Ray says, I'm a cranky old man.

What am I to do?

Shake my fist at the clouds???

My misunderstanding. I thought you were done. :nabble_smiley_blush:

But I'm with you on the hot slag. In fact, I detest welding from underneath, regardless of how much or little wind there is. So I pity you having to do that when the wind is taking the shielding gas away.

My misunderstanding. I thought you were done. :nabble_smiley_blush:

But I'm with you on the hot slag. In fact, I detest welding from underneath, regardless of how much or little wind there is. So I pity you having to do that when the wind is taking the shielding gas away.

I think I've got it now!

Need to wait for the primer to dry, then caulk and paint.

I wish I could have used epoxy self etch primer, but it just takes too much setup so this will be a backyard Rust-Oleum paint job using a $10 HF purple paint gun.

I love those things!

Oh! And I also LOVE ❤️ the little mag base Bauer LED light!

Such a great help when welding deep in the crannies under the truck.

IMG_20200420_133446.thumb.jpg.9ceaa1576ee8fd1f4dab32bb5a9f3cdf.jpg

IMG_20200420_133455.thumb.jpg.8e3326a4f2c80f0635ac745b9a41d4d0.jpg

IMG_20200420_133450.thumb.jpg.2ab0d3e1d143958fcd5934df8a09b312.jpg

IMG_20200420_133512.thumb.jpg.a43f726eafc7be126ce23442d1f85f41.jpg

IMG_20200420_133505.thumb.jpg.c8a012f75c1a260c11019d6e9d00a50a.jpg

IMG_20200420_133526.thumb.jpg.e7c73e0718ad307d7a9da7fda505b490.jpg

I'm currently in the middle of re-foaming the A/C blend doors, and will probably do the hinge mod to the plastic door. Finding info on re-foaming blend doors is not easy, but at least there's the how-to on FTE and Kramtocc(?)'s "Camano" build thread to give me some idea.

Karl's guide on FTE is really well done as are most of his how-to posts.

I didn't read the Big Blackie thread until just recently but I see he used:

"1/8" adhesive backed neoprene. I actually bought mine from eBay, just do a search for neoprene sheet and you'll find a bunch of sellers. I got a sheet 1 foot wide by 54" long for about $18 shipped.

If I were to do it again, I would go that route. If not for looks alone (everyone wants to look at your blend doors, right?), I like the idea of having a single sheet vs a bunch of strips of weatherstripping.

The hinges I got were from Amazon although I don't see that exact listing anymore: [3 of Aluminum 5052 Continuous Hinge without Holes, Unfinished, 0.06" Leaf Thickness, 3" Open Width, 1/8" Pin Diameter, 1/2" Knuckle Length, 1' Long (Pack of 1)].