Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Dave - Loading several hundred up 9 at a time would be painful. Instead, if you have them in a folder or some such is there a way to give me temp access? I can point the Weebly app at the pics and it'll do everything for me.

Gary,

I don't have them in a folder any where as I have them all on my web site.

I don't think there is a way to grant access other than full admin. and then I don't know what that would do other than be able to add / remove / add information to the pictures.

If there is something you want me to look deeper into let me know and I can see what I can do.

Could also be I am stupid LOL and don't know what I am looking at also?

Dave ----

Dave - On your pics, do you want all of them on? Or just some of them? If so, are they sorted that way?

Concerning the knocking, it is really unusual for the 300 six to knock. What distributor did you use?

Went to change the other axle pivot bushing on my truck to find out that the right hand driveline collides with the i-beam when I pry on the beam with a wrecking bar to get the bushing cleared the rest of the way. The bushing's still in decent shape, so I put everything back together so I can save that for when I finish working on the front end.

20200401_161509.jpg.2ba1ebecf2448b548ae3cf7605cf13fa.jpg

20200401_165236.jpg.ced41c9ff3ad730607243d02a5a7c0ba.jpg

Went to change the other axle pivot bushing on my truck to find out that the right hand driveline collides with the i-beam when I pry on the beam with a wrecking bar to get the bushing cleared the rest of the way. The bushing's still in decent shape, so I put everything back together so I can save that for when I finish working on the front end.

Good thing that the bushing wasn't too bad. Glad you could put it back together.

What's the lead time, Angelo?

Summit is only about 4 hours from here so I should have it tomorrow. The valve springs I probably won't see until Saturday. Thinking about doing a little home porting on the exhaust side of my heads. Curious if removing the thermactor bump will give me anything.

Dave - On your pics, do you want all of them on? Or just some of them? If so, are they sorted that way?

Concerning the knocking, it is really unusual for the 300 six to knock. What distributor did you use?

Gary, on the pictures can I ask what brought this up, did I miss something somewhere?

They are not sorted on my site just uploaded as I did the work or if someone needed a better picture of something I would get it and add it so may not be in order.

I should have a link in my signature to the pictures on my site for others to check out if they want.

Was it when I said I had pictures printed for a photo album I can display at car / truck shows when they start back up. Some like to display what their car / truck started out and when it is in person.

In my case I can also show all the work "I did" and not a shop I paid to do the work.

On the dist. it was what ever the motor came with. I don't know if it has a tag or not as I have not looked.

I am pretty sure the motor did not come from the factory in that truck as it was gray and has a sender in the stat for a computer feed back of some sort.

I have turned the vacuum advance set screw and at first it helped a lot but has gotten worst over time.

I wonder if it is the gas, winter / summer blend?

I do know the high test there is no knock at all and the motor seams to run better.

The next tanks I will try middle grade gas and see how it runs on it but I really need to put a timing light to this motor so I know where it is at to start with I just been lazy.

Dave ----

Gary, on the pictures can I ask what brought this up, did I miss something somewhere?

They are not sorted on my site just uploaded as I did the work or if someone needed a better picture of something I would get it and add it so may not be in order.

I should have a link in my signature to the pictures on my site for others to check out if they want.

Was it when I said I had pictures printed for a photo album I can display at car / truck shows when they start back up. Some like to display what their car / truck started out and when it is in person.

In my case I can also show all the work "I did" and not a shop I paid to do the work.

On the dist. it was what ever the motor came with. I don't know if it has a tag or not as I have not looked.

I am pretty sure the motor did not come from the factory in that truck as it was gray and has a sender in the stat for a computer feed back of some sort.

I have turned the vacuum advance set screw and at first it helped a lot but has gotten worst over time.

I wonder if it is the gas, winter / summer blend?

I do know the high test there is no knock at all and the motor seams to run better.

The next tanks I will try middle grade gas and see how it runs on it but I really need to put a timing light to this motor so I know where it is at to start with I just been lazy.

Dave ----

Dave - It was when you said you had the pictures printed. I thought it would be nice if you had a page on here where you could point people to show those pics. (I have a "business card" with a link to this site and have considered including a link to pics of my trucks.)

On the timing, checking it with a light is obviously the place to start. And then check the advance.

But I can't figure out why the vacuum advance "got worse over time". Does it still ping or knock if you disconnect the vacuum to it?

I think we have the info on how we set up David's dizzy in case you want to copy that.

Dave - It was when you said you had the pictures printed. I thought it would be nice if you had a page on here where you could point people to show those pics. (I have a "business card" with a link to this site and have considered including a link to pics of my trucks.)

On the timing, checking it with a light is obviously the place to start. And then check the advance.

But I can't figure out why the vacuum advance "got worse over time". Does it still ping or knock if you disconnect the vacuum to it?

I think we have the info on how we set up David's dizzy in case you want to copy that.

Ok on the pictures. I may have put them in a folder on my PC but after I had them sent to Walgreens to be printed I deleted the folder and since then did a clean up of my PC and the trash got emptied.

Being 170 pictures for the album I could go thru my site and pull them out just don't know where I could put them other than my site, I can do that if wanted.

When driving I was always thinking I should pull the vacuum line as a test just never did it (yet).

I do have to get un-lazy and look into this.

Maybe this weekend after I wash the truck and get the tailgate letters on it.

Dave ----

Ok on the pictures. I may have put them in a folder on my PC but after I had them sent to Walgreens to be printed I deleted the folder and since then did a clean up of my PC and the trash got emptied.

Being 170 pictures for the album I could go thru my site and pull them out just don't know where I could put them other than my site, I can do that if wanted.

When driving I was always thinking I should pull the vacuum line as a test just never did it (yet).

I do have to get un-lazy and look into this.

Maybe this weekend after I wash the truck and get the tailgate letters on it.

Dave ----

The thing on the pics is entirely up to you. But if you have a Dropbox, Google, or Microsoft Onedrive account you can put them there and give me access. And the Dropbox and Google accounts are free.